Follow

Betty Ross

Character » Betty Ross appears in 1099 issues.

The love of Bruce Banner's life, she has been one of the Hulk's greatest allies, though she is the daughter of his greatest enemy, General 'Thunderbolt' Ross. She has been transformed into the Harpy, died, and is now a Hulk herself although she lost her powers when Doctor Green, the new incarnation of the Hulk, injected her with the cure for Gamma Radiation. What's next in her life remains to be seen...

Betty Banner

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FrankenKong

Ever since the end of Incredible Hulk #7.1 I've been very curious. Is Betty still in love/faithful to Bruce? I know Red She-Hulk is prone to mood swings and the like. However I've been extremely turned off to idea of Betty herself not loving Bruce anymore. Does anyone know a definitive answer or has read something to confirm or deny? Funny enough, forums answer may decide if I begin to pick up Red She-Hulk #58 and so on.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jorgevy

I picked up the first issue of Red She Hulk from Marvel NOW, and it wasn't bad... I'll give it a few more iss before I make a final judgement

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ogg927

@FrankenKong: There was a story with Hulk and Betty as secret agents sort of like Mr and Mrs Smith. I love the new Red She-Hulk book.

Incredible Hulk #7.1
    Incredible Hulk #7.1
    Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crimsonlord53

I think it was explained that whatever changed betty into she rulk changed betty. She was let of the leash so to speak and she liked it all that bottled up anger and resentment can be let out and taken out on bruce her father anyone else who gets in her way.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

It's not so much that she doesn't love Bruce anymore that she doesn't care about showing it. Normal humans learn little behavior modifications to be acceptable to society: If you're angry at someone, you don't punch them. If you love someone, you hide that anger and let it go. If you're sad about something, hide it so no one knows your vulnerable.

Like Crimson said, after going Red, Betty's 'off the leash'. If she's angry at you, she's GOING to punch you. Regardless of what her feelings were previously. So while she still loves Bruce, if he makes her angry, she's going to punch him full force anyway. If he irritates her, she's going to act irritated. Since this goes against our societal lessons, you probably mistook this for her disliking him now.

Or I could be completely wrong and have NO idea what I'm talking about.

That's probably more likely, to be honest.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.