Follow

Beta Ray Bill

Character » Beta Ray Bill appears in 430 issues.

The cyborg champion of the Korbinites, Beta Ray Bill guarded his people as they fled attacks by fire demons. When he encountered Thor and proved himself worthy to wield Mjolnir, Odin bestowed upon him the powers of Thor, as well as Stormbreaker, an equally powerful hammer. Using this new weapon, Beta Ray Bill would travel the cosmos righting wrongs, but he was always available whenever Thor needed his assistance.

Why is BRB hated for being a 'clone'?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

So...I seem to notice after looking around on the net, that Beta gets hate for really...no real reason imo and this really just boils down to that they say he is a clone of Thor.

......? What? I'm trying to figure this out, because why? Let's have a look here at other characters shall we?

Superman= Krypto, Supergirl, Power Girl, Superboy(whatever other Kryptonians out there)

Wonder Woman= Donna/Cassie

Hulk= She-Hulk, Rulk, SheRulk(so on so on)

etc, etc, etc

What is the point you may ask? All those characters have pretty much the exact same powers, and could be considered clones of the original. The only difference being is gender or some slight power differences.....

Yet they are STILL their own character with their own personalities and so forth! You know who else is there own character? Oh, that's right!

BETA RAY BILL...lets see now...he is an alien first of all, no he is a suped up alien cyborg gladiator charged with protecting his people..this before he gets Stormbreaker. He has his own personality and way of doing things...

The ONLY thing in common with Thor that he has are hammers(which are different in appearance anyway) and clothing(again some difference too).

So...I'm trying to wrap my head around the hate for BRB in that he is just a Thor clone when you could say that for a large number of other characters.

Phew...ok there ends my little rant, so comment away folks!

TAKE NOTE: This isn't to say you can't not like BRB, I'm just trying to point out the saying BRB is stupid cause he is a Thor clone doesn't really make sense.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He's not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never noticed that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.