The Korbinites

#1 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently read the Star Masters with Beta Ray Bill and in it the Axi-Tun killed all of the Korbinites in the Cauldron of Conversion and Bill even claimed to be the last of his kind.

Fast forward: Galactus destroyed New Korbin, killing all the Korbinites, leaving Bill the last of his race once again.

What happened in between? How did the Korbinites come back? Did some survive and quickly repopulate their people? Was the Star Masters non-canon? 

Any info would be great. I'm a Bill fan but haven't followed him too closely (really, everything I know about him is in issues where the Silver Surfer appears since I do follow him).

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe thor resurrected them with the asgardians? :O wouldn't know any other answer at hand.

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

That is about the time this happened

#4 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

See that's a little confusing to me as well. Which Asgardians died when the world tree Yggdrasil was poisoned? Apparently not Thor or Odin. Odin and the Silver Surfer resurrected Bill, but with cosmic power and he got a new hammer and his costume changed. 

He then went to face Lord Votan, who killed the Korbinites. I imagine Thor must have stopped the poisoning of the tree after this, because at the time the Korbinites were still dead and he did not have his true Asgardian power.

#5 Posted by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" I recently read the Star Masters with Beta Ray Bill and in it the Axi-Tun killed all of the Korbinites in the Cauldron of Conversion and Bill even claimed to be the last of his kind.  Fast forward: Galactus destroyed New Korbin, killing all the Korbinites, leaving Bill the last of his race once again.  What happened in between? How did the Korbinites come back? Did some survive and quickly repopulate their people? Was the Star Masters non-canon?   Any info would be great. I'm a Bill fan but haven't followed him too closely (really, everything I know about him is in issues where the Silver Surfer appears since I do follow him). "
Bill saved some survivors and they´ve managed to find a new home(New Korbin).
#6 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio
@gui22: Awesome. Do you know which series or issues?
#7 Posted by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: No,but it written in the official marvel site.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.