Follow

Beta Ray Bill

Character » Beta Ray Bill appears in 430 issues.

The cyborg champion of the Korbinites, Beta Ray Bill guarded his people as they fled attacks by fire demons. When he encountered Thor and proved himself worthy to wield Mjolnir, Odin bestowed upon him the powers of Thor, as well as Stormbreaker, an equally powerful hammer. Using this new weapon, Beta Ray Bill would travel the cosmos righting wrongs, but he was always available whenever Thor needed his assistance.

How powerful he really is

Lord of Asgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lord of Asgard

I don't think alot of people realize how powerful this guy is. We're talking about a guy who bested Thor, was able to lift Thor's hammer Mjolnir, and won the admiration of Odin. Later on, he beat one of Galactus's herald's Stardust, and even cracked Galactus's face with his hammer! I saw in the voting, that people said Wolverine could beat him if all the powers were used. How misguided you are, whoever it was who voted against Bill. There are very few people capable of beating a warrior of his prowess.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Post Deleted.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Bill is awesome, and extremely powerful.

Unfortunately, the ranking system is largely a popularity contest, and the general passerby isn't going to know who the hell "Beta Ray Bill" is.

Lord of Asgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lord of Asgard

So true. Unfortunate, but true.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

And Wolverine is one of the most overrated characters in comics.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEADPOOL

I agree with you, Jasek. Hell, Beta Ray Bill was Thor's superior before Odin gave him Stormbreaker!

I just hate how biased people can be.
    Post Edited:2006-12-21 12:37:29

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

DEADPOOL says:

"I agree with you, Jasek. Hell, Beta Ray Bill was Thor's superior before Odin gave him Stormbreaker!I just hate how biased people can be.
    Post Edited:2006-12-21 12:37:29"

And so Comicvine must go forth and educate the masses. This is our duty.

Tonelada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Tonelada

DEADPOOL says:

"I agree with you, Jasek. Hell, Beta Ray Bill was Thor's superior before Odin gave him Stormbreaker!I just hate how biased people can be.
    Post Edited:2006-12-21 12:37:29"

The problem is that he wasn't necessarily better than Thor before, he was more of his equal, maybe slightly less. He just managed to beat him by separating Thor from his hammer for more than 30 seconds. At the time, if that happened, Thor returned to the form a mild mannered History professor. After Storm Breaker, Thor and Bill are more or less equals, but Bill probably had a slight advantage, until Thor received the Odinpower...

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEADPOOL

But you have to remember that keeping Mjolnir away from Thor is not an easy task.

Odin had them fight again to determine who should weild Mjolnir, neither using the hammer itself. Beta Ray Bill kicked Thor's keester again on even ground. Beta Ray Bill may have been Thor's physical equal, but Beta Ray Bill was still Thor's superior in battle.

But with Stormbreaker, which was given all the enchantments of Mjolnir, I think it's safe to bet that Beta Ray Bill was more powerful than Thor until he got the Odinforce.

BetaRayBill36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BetaRayBill36

Yes and no. You see, Odin chose the battleground which to quote Bill, put him at a unique advantage. Bill suspects that indeed, Odin wanted to teach Thor humility. Before the Odinforce, I would say the two were almost evenly matched, but who would win would depend on the situation.
    Post Edited:2007-01-16 14:34:04

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I remember a similar situation when people were asked to choose between Lobo and Wolverine. Lobo, of course, would easily thrash him. Lobo is at Superman's level of power and has taken him on in the past, but as it was popularity that really decided it, Wolverine won.

valinorbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valinorbob

Beta Ray Bill and Thor are exact equals in power, but Thor has the advantage of 600+ years of experience, so in a real fight to the death, Thor would win because at the end he could merge his godly essence with Mjolnir for a blast more powerful than anything Bill could accomplish, since Bill is not a god.

On a side note, Lobo is a terrible character and Wolverine would eat him for breakfast (perhaps even literally).

Retrocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Retrocide

No matter what I do, Longshot always out-ranks the Scarlet Witch when it comes to probability manipulation.

I'm a Scarlet Witch fan, so I did some research, and it actually said they've already fought, and the Wanda one. This is my 5th time re-ranking things.

Avatar image for zevick_the_ender
    Zevick the Ender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zevick the Ender

i came across this thinking WTF beta ray bill...what kind of name was that. and then i read everything and i was like....man beta ray bill is awesome...just because he was able to semi put up a fight while fighting galactus and a herald. ...already this site has enlightened me...not to judge a being by his name...for its the kick a$$ inside that counts.
    Post Edited:2007-08-25 23:16:37

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Apparition

XeviiK the Ender says:

"i came across this thinking WTF beta ray bill...what kind of name was that. and then i read everything and i was like....man beta ray bill is awesome...just because he was able to semi put up a fight while fighting galactus and a herald. ...already this site has enlightened me...not to judge a being by his name...for its the kick a$$ inside that counts.
    Post Edited:2007-08-25 23:16:37"

welcome to the vine.

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternus

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I remember a similar situation when people were asked to choose between Lobo and Wolverine. Lobo, of course, would easily thrash him. Lobo is at Superman's level of power and has taken him on in the past, but as it was popularity that really decided it, Wolverine won."

yeah im a huge wolverine fan, but when you really think about it you will notice hes not very powerful. i think its the fact that his character is so rageful and that he always seems to try to fight everything is the reason why everyone thinks hes unbeatable. and everyone seems to think his healing factor is so amazing, when in truth it is really good but not good enough. the weaker he is the slower he heals so if he were to be beaten unconscious he would take a long time to healor if you were to say lop of an arm or something of that nature. i think because of the movies people got an impression of him that may not of necessarily been true. it was cool how fast they made his healing factor, but not very comic real. this is why the books are always better than the movies, or in this case comics

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Beta Ray Bill is underrated and under appreciated

Avatar image for zevick_the_ender
    Zevick the Ender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zevick the Ender

Apparition says:

"XeviiK the Ender says:
    "i came across this thinking WTF beta ray bill...what kind of name was that. and then i read everything and i was like....man beta ray bill is awesome...just because he was able to semi put up a fight while fighting galactus and a herald. ...already this site has enlightened me...not to judge a being by his name...for its the kick a$$ inside that counts.
    Post Edited:2007-08-25 23:16:37"
    welcome to the vine."
    why thank you. sorry if i seem to be all n00b like. i'm sure it will wear off soon.
    crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crazy spidey

He literally equal to Thor, if not better, he could probably stop the HUlk in his tracks he would destroy wolverine, still the healing factor can be a bitch

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
    The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Mighty Thor

bill is cool but i hope your not saying he is stronger then thor

ninen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ninen

Lord of Asgard says:

"I don't think alot of people realize how powerful this guy is. We're talking about a guy who bested Thor, was able to lift Thor's hammer Mjolnir, and won the admiration of Odin. Later on, he beat one of Galactus's herald's Stardust, and even cracked Galactus's face with his hammer! I saw in the voting, that people said Wolverine could beat him if all the powers were used. How misguided you are, whoever it was who voted against Bill. There are very few people capable of beating a warrior of his prowess. "

taking the fact that he was well matched with thor...

i say he could even take on superman and hulk...

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
    Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ninen says:

"Lord of Asgard says:
    "I don't think alot of people realize how powerful this guy is. We're talking about a guy who bested Thor, was able to lift Thor's hammer Mjolnir, and won the admiration of Odin. Later on, he beat one of Galactus's herald's Stardust, and even cracked Galactus's face with his hammer! I saw in the voting, that people said Wolverine could beat him if all the powers were used. How misguided you are, whoever it was who voted against Bill. There are very few people capable of beating a warrior of his prowess. "
    taking the fact that he was well matched with thor... i say he could even take on superman and hulk... "

Says the newest person on here.

Stormbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Stormbreaker
    Donnieman v5.1 said:
    "

Beta Ray Bill is underrated and under appreciated

"
    so true man so true
    Stormbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stormbreaker

Beta ray bill can maybe take on superman and hulk not only being similar to thor in every which way
    his cybernetic or cyborg boby gives him an advantage his comic Stormbreaker trully showed how powerful
    he is if stardust hadnt interfered Beta could have trully fought Galactus and maybe beaten him

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Leliel

I think that if Bill needs to move away from being in Thor's shadow like how War Machine was in Iron Man's. I needs to joined something like the Avengers and demostrate his raw potential, I mean come on not even the Skrulls have a version of him which I would actually like to see

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the creator
    Stormbreaker said:
    if stardust hadnt interfered Beta could have trully fought Galactus and maybe beaten him"
    Tell me you aren't serious...........
    Stormbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stormbreaker
    the creator said:
    "Stormbreaker said:
    if stardust hadnt interfered Beta could have trully fought Galactus and maybe beaten him"
    Tell me you aren't serious..........."

well maybe not beaten him at least he made a crack on Galactus
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BatDance

Bill>Thor

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Bill>Awesome

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TruePwnge

BRB would one-shot Wolverine into the Sun

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BatDance said:
    " Bill>Thor "
    Bill is my #1 favorite character. what this guy here said.
    BRBill= Classic Thor
    thats how powerful he is.
    and no, Bill couldnt beat Galactus, neither could Classic Thor. but thats okay.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Did you guys read Godhunter? He almost killed Galactus, but Galactus is beyond starving right now.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart said:
    " Did you guys read Godhunter? He almost killed Galactus, but Galactus is beyond starving right now. "
    he's my favorite character so i obviously did. Galactus cant actually die for one.
    the last time it was attempted he burst back out of the heart of Infinty.
    again, almost. no, not really. he harmed him. a few have done it before.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

yeah, I know he comes back. Are you talking about after he was 'killed' by the Ultimate Nullifier? 

The way the Surfer was talking I think he was definitely going to 'die' if someone didn't help him. Pretty cool how Bill took out the armada without Stormbreaker when Stardust and the Surfer couldn't (which I think was a little plot based, but who cares, it was cool).

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whole book was col. but i cant agree he's powerful enough to kill Galactus, something which his own sister Death couldnt pull off. BRBill=Classic Thor. thats his level. that breaks about even give or take with Surfer and/or Stardust, and has shown in there fights. those are his Heralds, consider Galactus's level then in comparrison. 

Bills my favorite, so it doesnt matter to me. for every character, theres always another thats going to be more powerful. jsut the way that goes. I thought it would have been more interesting in fact if they would have had Bills cybernetics remeber or store the time he was a fusion between Thorforce/Cosmic Power. that would have been something to see against Galan.lol.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I think though with how malnourished Galactus was, Bill could have done it. He would have died though because the Surfer said if he died he would explode and kill everything within 47 light years (or something like that). 

I would have liked to see him face off against the Surfer and Stardust instead of such a frail Galactus. 

I think the whole story was to set up the arrival of Bill's new girlfriend Galactus made.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agreed actually. especially about more Surfer showdown.
    im glad Bills getting screentime eitherway.
    honestly though, i enjoy seeing his heroics and thoughts more than
    battle skills personally. thats what tops him for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.