Does Horseface kick butt in Planet Hulk?

#1 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read the planet, world war Hulk arc. I was excited to hear it would be coming to DVD but then I got disappointed by the leaks, no SilverSurfer? No battle vs the Illuminati or the military of Earth?

I was going to avoid this DVD

Then I heard BRB was in it

Can you really replace this guy  

with this

Does the story work out? Is Planet Hulk worth buying?
#2 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Planet Hulk is worth buying.
they couldnt use Silver Surfer due to the character
rights being tied up. at least they offered a suitable replacement.
the battle with the Illuminati and Earth took place in WWHulk, after the Planet Hulk story.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer shouldn't have been in it to begin with.If you're not going to make him powerful enough for him to beat the Surfer..then don't let him fight.He almost lost and the Surfer was severely depowered.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

bill gets his ass kicked
#5 Posted by DEADPOOL (2697 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray puts up a very impressive fight.

#6 Posted by eserrano05 (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
"bill gets his ass kicked "

yeah he does
#7 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL said:
" Beta Ray puts up a very impressive fight. "
 a very impressive one, but once hulk gets his hands on him he gets it handed to him so bad it makes it so his own mother wouldn't recognize him (over exaggerating a bit but still he gets beaten badly)
#8 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (776 posts) - - Show Bio

i have to say BRB kicked @$$ in Planet Hulk i thought he would've beaten hulk if he didnt get distracted

#9 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see this.

#10 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

if you dont want to pay the full price just rent it on itunes.
#11 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

still very much worth buying, it's pretty faithful, other than surfer not being in it.

#12 Posted by oiHooliganismoi (518 posts) - - Show Bio

i say bill own the fight then gave up.... cause there was no point he was free.... thats how i interpreted it

#13 Posted by Ry Fryy (370 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Beta Ray Bill was a good choice to replace the Silver Surfer.  I really liked the little back story with Thor they provided too.  A nice touch.

#14 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider fan1 said:

i have to say BRB kicked @$$ in Planet Hulk i thought he would've beaten hulk if he didnt get distracted

Lost only because of PIS.

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

He was kicking ass. But once he came to his senses from being 'controlled' Hulk beat the crap out of him.

#16 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

He was kicking ass. But once he came to his senses from being 'controlled' Hulk beat the crap out of him.

......because of PIS. Otherwise, Bill would've won.

m99

#17 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill dominated the first half of that fight. After Hulk got the King's attention is when the fight turned in his favor.

#18 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#19 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider fan1 said:

#20 Edited by Perethorn (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

If the disk that was imprisiong him wasn't destroyed, i bet that he colud have killed the Hulk

#21 Posted by youngman_logan96 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

donkey boy gets his butt kicked

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (11213 posts) - - Show Bio

If the disk that was imprisiong him wasn´t destroyed, i bet that he colud have killed the Hulk

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.