The HC wiki last edited by DoomDoomDoom on 05/02/14 10:30AM
View full history
The Best American Comics showcases the work of both established and up-and-coming contributors. Editor Neil Gaiman, one of the top writers in modern comics and an award-winning author of novels and children's books, has culled the best stories from graphic novels, pamphlet comics, newspapers, magazines, mini-comics, and the Internet to create this cutting-edge collection with entries from luminaries such as Tim Hensley, Michael Kupperman, and Dash Shaw.
Collecting the best examples of independent comic book authors and artists from September 2008 to August 2009. Edited by Neil Gaiman, Jessica Abel, and Matt Madden.
- Jonathan Lethem, Farel Dalrymple, and Gary Panter's Omega the Unknown (Chapter 7) from Omega the Unknown.
- Peter Kuper's Ceci N'est Pas une Comic from Virginia Quarterly Review.
- Dave Lapp's Flytrap from Drop-In.
- Gabrielle Bell's Mixed Up Files from Bookforum.
- Lilli Carré's The Lagoon (Hiding in the Water) from The Lagoon.
- Ben Katchor's The Daily Grand Prix and Forbidden Room from Metropolis.
- James Kochalka's November 8-28, 2007 from American Elf.
- Jonathan Ames and Dean Haspiel's The Alcoholic (Excerpt) from The Alcoholic.
- John Pham's Deep Space from Sublife.
- David Mazzucchelli's Asterios Polyp (Excerpt) from Asterios Polyp.
- Gilber and Mario Hernandez's Water! Electricity! Meat! from Citizen Rex.
- Chris Ware's Acme Novelty Library (Excerpt) and Fiction versus Nonfiction from Acme Novelty Library and Bookforum.
- Derf's The Bank from Punk Rock and Trailer Parks.
- Jesse Relaw's Titanic Urination, Hooker Cookies, Duck Mom, Carrot Romance, Pumpkin Drummer, and Sleep Multiplication from The Night of Your Life.
- Robert Crumb's the Book of Genesis from The New Yorker.
- Peter Bagge's The War on Fornication from Everybody is Stupid Except for Me.
- Fred Chao's Lobster Run from Johnny Hiro.
- Todd Brower and Steve MacIsaac's Ex Communication from Book of Boy Trouble, Volume 2.
- Theo Ellsworth's Norman Eight's Left Arm from Sleeper Car.
- Michael Cho's Trinity from Taddle Creek.
- Bryan Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe (Excerpt) from Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe.
- Josh Neufeld's The Flood (Excerpt) from A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge.
- Lauren Weinstein's I Heard Some Distant Music from Bookforum.
- C. Tyler's You'll Never Know, Book One: "A Good and Decent Man" (Excerpt) from You'll Never Know, Book One: "A Good and Decent Man".