Follow

Bernard Chang

Person » Bernard Chang is credited in 449 issues.

Bernard Chang is a long time penciler and was also a designer for Disney. Bernard's pencils have graced many books at Valiant, such as; Turok and the Valiant/Image Crossover. He had runs on Dr. Mirage and the Visitor. He pencilled and inked his art on Wonder Woman, Superman and Green Lantern Corps and is currently the artist for Batman Beyond for DC Comics

Bernard Chang to Give Away GREEN LANTERN CORPS #40 Interior Art

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Bernard Chang is a heckuva guy. Not only is he an amazing artist, he's also a very generous fellow. If you've been reading GREEN LANTERN CORPS, which sadly reached it's conclusion this week, you're already familiar with what Bernard can do. To celebrate the end of the run and to thank all the fans who've supported the series, Bernard is giving away all the interior art on issue #40!

Bernard posted all the details in an Instagram post.

a big thanks to all the #greenlanterncorps fans and my teammates over the last two years!!! issues 21-40 have been some of the most challenging and yet rewarding work of my career. as a show of my appreciation, I am going to give away ALL of my original interior art pages from the historic final issue 40 to you!!! I am cutting up all the pages into individual panels (except pgs 17, 19, 24-25, and 28, which will be raffled off). all you have to do is buy two copies of glc40, keep one and give one away to a friend (or stranger) in your store. Instagram a picture of you holding both copies either outside or inside your local comic book store. you must also include tags: @thebernardchang #greenlanterncorps40 and # (name of your comic book store or Instagram/Twitter handle, like #ultimatecomics or @ultimatecomics ). then, direct message me on Instagram w a separate picture of the receipt to verify your purchase (you will have to add me and turn your profile to public so I can verify). I will accept entries thru this weekend 3/16 or until panels run out (approx 65-70). on Monday 3/17, I will raffle off the remaining whole pages to all who participated in this contest. sorry, but this is limited to hard copy sales (no digital) and only in the US. I will cover all shipping costs.

A photo posted by bernard chang (@thebernardchang) on

Sounds pretty cool to me. Who doesn't want a piece of original art?

And be sure to get ready for us upcoming run on BATMAN BEYOND! Read our interview with him and Dan Jurgens HERE.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

Aww but I don't buy my comics in shops nor do I use IG. :/

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

This guy sounds awesome

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernard Chang is amazing. He did this with Demon Knights as well (I actually have a few of his panels from that contest a few years back).

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang! I wish I lived in the US :(

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernard Chang is an amazing artist. I'm going to miss him.

Desh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would so do this, but I buy my monthly comics digitally : [

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Why are these awesome things always US-only. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.