beowulf

#1 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

who knows beowulf cause i have to write a battle between him and spiderman like i have to do it for school
Post Edited:2007-09-12 20:22:41

#2 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"why do you have to do it for school."

its a class called literature in media its abut comics and alot of stuff

#3 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

why do you have to do it for school.

#4 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"i wish i took that wheb i was in school."

YEA it is alot of fun especially since my teacher is really funny and he loves comic books so he has his own personal library in his room so we can borrow comics

#5 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish i took that wheb i was in school.

#6 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

i do ask me stuff

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"Boken says:
"i wish i took that wheb i was in school."
YEA it is alot of fun especially since my teacher is really funny and he loves comic books so he has his own personal library in his room so we can borrow comics"

Ok....Beowulf was a great warrior in the legend. He had the strength of thirty (or twenty. I can't remember), he was an excellent swordsman, and he was really fast. He could hold his breath for an abnormally long time, too. He fought three great beasts.....

Grendel, a giant troll-like creature that was amphibious.

Grendel's mother, same as Grendel, but bigger and meaner, and a woman.

And the dragon, which, suffice to say, was a big@$$ Dragon.

In the legend, he (SPOILERS) mortally wounds Grendel, and it flees to it's underground underwater lair. He follows it under the lake, and enters it's cavern. There he finds it dead, and his mother furious over it's death. He battles the mother and kills her. He also takes a huge sword that was crafted by giants out of the cave with him. Years later, when he is king, a dragon goes on a furious rampage in his country because someone stole a golden cup from his treasure hoard. To stop it, he assaults it's lair, which is basically suicide. He takes some men, but he fights it alone. He almost loses, but a young squire comes and stabs the dragon, distracting it before it can kill him. Beowulf seizes the moment and fights it some more, eventually killing it by severing it's head (or stabbing it in the neck. Can't quite remember). Unfortunately, he dies from his wounds, but he is remembered for all time for his greatness.

(END OF SPOILER)

There. Hope that helped!

#8 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks sparda that will help thanks man

#9 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"thanks sparda that will help thanks man"

But, most stories vary a little. So the squire thing, him taking the sword, might be different for whatever version your using. But Grendel, Grendel's Mother, and the Dragon are all spot on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.