Follow

Benders

Concept » Benders appears in 44 issues.

Benders exist in the world of Avatar: The Legend of Aang (aka Avatar: The Last Airbender) and Avatar: The Legend of Korra. Benders can bend one specific element (Water, Earth, Fire or Air). The Avatar is able to bend all four elements as well as a fifth element.

Off My Mind: Who are these FireBenders?

Avatar image for dantetheredknight
    DanteTheRedKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DanteTheRedKnight

If you have been watching The Legend of Korra you would notice that a lot of the characters in the show got traumatized because of a firebender killing a loved one(s).

Take for example the main antagonist, Amon, whose family was killed by a firebender when his father confronted him/her and scarred Amon's face for life.

Further more, they are Mako and Bolin, two main characters of the show whose parents were also killed by a firebender.

Finally, there's the most recent death we heard on the show of Asami, Mako's current love interest's mother who was killed by a firebender.

However, Asami wasn't the one who was really traumatized by her mother's death it was her father who decided to go against the benders.

It makes me wonder whether these three firebenders are the same person. Although, it can be argued that the firebender who killed Mako and Bolin's parents was just a mugger and Asami's mother was killed by a member of the Agnai Kai Triad, there is still a possibility that they are all the same person as both incidents were robberies which led to murder. What do you think?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Copyrights, G-man is going to sue you.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JohnnyGat

I'm just sticking to coincidence so that if anything else than a coincidence appears I can say "I didn't see that coming... I could have but I chose not to".

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By soccersss

@DanteTheRedKnight:

It would be an interesting plot line if it is going to be the same person. As long as they don't over-complicate everything and turn everything in the show into a consspiracy, I can see that idea working.

Avatar image for dantetheredknight
    DanteTheRedKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DanteTheRedKnight

@DarkKnightDetective: I'm new to this site so I didn't know the "Off my mind" thing was only for G-Man. I'll try changing it.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JohnnyGat

@DanteTheRedKnight said:

@DarkKnightDetective: I'm new to this site so I didn't know the "Off my mind" thing was only for G-Man. I'll try changing it.

I'm pretty sure he was just joking with you with that.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@JohnnyGat said:

@DanteTheRedKnight said:

I'm pretty sure he was just joking with you with that.

yes I was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.