Follow

Ben Templesmith

Person » Ben Templesmith is credited in 471 issues.

A Western Australian writer and artist.

So...Where the hell have I been?

Avatar image for ben_templesmith
    Ben Templesmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ben Templesmith

Off having some much needed downtime is what. Also, off down Australia way to touch base with the family, hang low. Was fast approaching burnout, so a good recharge of the batteries was in order. Hadn't really had a life free of immediate deadlines for close to 6 years. It's been glorious, a good time to take stock, think about going in new directions and now I'm itching to get back to it all as I take the slow, scenic route back to the US in time for San Diego Comic-con 2009.

Yes, I'm going. Most definitely. Click the postery type image for the larger version with the full details. Oh, go on.Pretty please?

Most years, I get many people coming up to where I'm signing more by accident and because I have a habit of hanging around than actual knowledge of signing times...so this time I'm trying to let as many people know exactly where I'll be and when I'll be there.

Most of the time I'll be at Splashpage Art. Look for booth #4400 My official home for Comic-con this year. Original art for sale there and yep, I'll be able to do commissions as well! It'll be as many as I can fit in, so in case the list fills up quick, try to get me early so I can fit you in. Generally speaking, $150 for the smaller, letter sized paintings and $250 for the larger. But put any book I've done in front of me to sign and odds are if I'm not knackered I'll happily do a quick sketch for nothing. Never charge for signing books of course. Who would?

Been a strange year. Worked my absolute guts out, near burned out, stopped to smell the roses a little, got some amazing job offers I couldn't refuse and now thinking about all sorts of new stuff.

And to top it off, I'll be going to the UK TWICE later this year ( October and also November ) and Brazil. Not to mention, something planned in Chicago and also Washington DC.

Expect decent updates from here on out til Comic-con...and a fair bit of news coming from the con when it's on. It'll all be utter madness of course.

...and yeah, I love Mad Max a little too much.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm just going to jump to a big conclusion and say that you got an offer to do a Mad Max comic

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Have a great time in San Diego (don't get too hung over that you can't work ;) 

Great news you're coming to the UK!!  Are you just touring on holiday, or will you be here for work??

Ben Templesmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ben Templesmith
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: Sadly no. I'm just on a post-apocalyptic movie kick of late. Were that the case it'd be a rather big announcement I'd think!
    Ben Templesmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ben Templesmith
    @xerox-kitty: Cheers! Nope, well sort of. Coming for 2 festivals mostly. MCM Expo and Thought Bubble.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Ben Templesmith: Awwww, nuts.  I was hoping you'd say the British International Comics Show since that's on my door step... ;)  Well, have a great time at Comic Con and I look forward to any announcements you make while there!
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ben Templesmith:
    oh well here's hoping and btw love your work
    Ben Templesmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ben Templesmith
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: It doesn't mean I won't be doing something....similar to it in the future though. ;-)
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ben Templesmith:
    now I'm intrigued...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Ben Templesmith: You little tease...!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.