Follow

Ben Templesmith

Person » Ben Templesmith is credited in 471 issues.

A Western Australian writer and artist.

Scenes From The Road 10: Phoenix Part 1

Avatar image for ben_templesmith
    Ben Templesmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ben Templesmith

The CHOKER tour took Ben McCool & I to the rather warm, rather land locked, deserty city of Phoenix. We had a great, surreal sort of time and did some great signings.

We also got up to way too many hijinks. Mike Malve, Supreme Commander of Atomic Comics should definitely be listed as one of Arizona's actual best tourist attractions in his own right.

This is Xochitl. Yes, she is quite awesome. Yes, that's a Wormwood tattoo across her chest. Yes, it's based on a convention sketch I did for her about a year earlier. Yes, when she then told me AFTER I'd done that rather quick sketch, it was going to be a tattoo on her, I slightly freaked out. I'd rather put a little more time into such things!

Basically, this is the new yardstick in hardcore for any tattoos of my work. It's placement and it really is a complete reproduction of my original... it's just fantastic.

No, Xochitl, I won't tell your mum.

All the tattoo talk led to some...ideas... so later that signing we apparently got ourselves a tattoo artist ( I think your name was Brent, sorry man! ) and McCool and I decided to get one, during our actual signing.

All the actual good photos of this and a write up will be in the back of CHOKER #3 which means the next picture is...

CHOKER #3!

Coming to all fine comic shops everywhere, from this date. Unless monkeys steal them and a volcano erupts.

I need to get my entire sleeve done one day. Looking for good tattooists really in the SF or Seattle areas. Always looking for good excuses to get up there!

Looking for someone with fiiiine needlework who's *really* good at recreations. ( Of some medieval art )

After mine was done, I started doodling on McCool. See CHOKER #3 for the results!

Atomic Comics also worships at the Massive Brain Meat of Ellis, as do I.

I guess I've done a lot of books. Kind of awesome to have an entire shelf display showing years of your life's work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.