Follow

Ben Reilly

Character » Ben Reilly appears in 702 issues.

The second and most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. A superhero known as the Scarlet Spider, Reilly later replaced Peter Parker for a time as Spider-Man after he found out that all this time he was the original and not Peter. Ben met his ultimate demise in the fight against the Green Goblin which led to Peter becoming Spider-Man once again, after he found out that he is the real Spider-Man after all.

Top 5 Marvel characters that should be brought back from the dead

Avatar image for brandnewday_and_antivenom_fan
    brandnewday and antivenom fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. The Scarlet Spider
    2. Gwen Stacy
    3. Carnage
    4. The Jackal
    5. Betty Ross 
    Arnulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Arnulfo

I think its cool that all of them except Jackal return from the dead, including scarlet spider and carnage whose proved being cool characters.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

NONE!!!!! 
    Same goes for DC!!!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primmaster64

Scarlet Spider.

Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grendel

Sadly, they'll all eventually come back.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LT1085

ARES.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AngelFrost
    Gwen Stacy 

Wasp

Wallflower

Sway
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LT1085
    @AngelFrost said:
    " Gwen Stacy 

Wasp

Wallflower

Sway "
    I really hope they don't bring janet van dyne back, i was so happy when they finally killed her off.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Jotham
    @LT1085: Aww, no love for the Wasp? Personally, I miss her (even though I haven't read a book where she was a major character in years).
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LT1085
    @Jotham said:
    " @LT1085: Aww, no love for the Wasp? Personally, I miss her (even though I haven't read a book where she was a major character in years). "
    Well there is Jacosta for personality(chuckle), and Hank Pym as decided to take over the name Wasp as well as her powers of flight and ...ugh...stinging smh. So there is that!
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelFrost
    @LT1085:  :O How dare you!   :( I love Wasp.  They shoulda killed Hank, he's an ass.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Jotham
    @LT1085 said:
    " @Jotham said:
    " @LT1085: Aww, no love for the Wasp? Personally, I miss her (even though I haven't read a book where she was a major character in years). "
    Well there is Jacosta for personality(chuckle), and Hank Pym as decided to take over the name Wasp as well as her powers of flight and ...ugh...stinging smh. So there is that! "
    Yeah, Jacosta is fun, but I refuse to call Hank "Wasp". That's just ridiculous.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LT1085
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @LT1085:  :O How dare you!   :( I love Wasp.  They shoulda killed Hank, he's an ass. "
    That is why he is better than janet as a character. Janet was boring. IMHO.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LT1085
    @Jotham said:
    " @LT1085 said:
    " @Jotham said:
    Well there is Jacosta for personality(chuckle), and Hank Pym as decided to take over the name Wasp as well as her powers of flight and ...ugh...stinging smh. So there is that! "
    Yeah, Jacosta is fun, but I refuse to call Hank "Wasp". That's just ridiculous. "
    Ya i'm with you there; I'm still waiting for someone to smack him upside the head and just stare him down with the "are you &#%in' serious?!" look in their eyes. 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngelFrost
    @LT1085 said:
    That is why he is better than janet as a character. Janet was boring. IMHO. "
    And Hank was an abusive tool.  ¬_¬   get rid.
    & They didn't really show much of Janet, maybe they should make her more central if she ever came back.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Dead Girl

Deadgirl
    Deadgirl

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LT1085
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @LT1085 said:
    That is why he is better than janet as a character. Janet was boring. IMHO. "
    And Hank was an abusive tool.  ¬_¬   get rid. & They didn't really show much of Janet, maybe they should make her more central if she ever came back. "
    Well ya, I agree that if she does come back that they should really try and do something with her, i don't know what though. My point with Hank is that all of his flaws make him an interesting character. All the conflicting things good or bad that he has done swing your opinion of him, and thats why they wrote him like that; to get an emotional response from the reader. With Janet there was never any of that, she just seemed useless to me. Aside from her character; whenever she was useful in a fight, it always seemed to be one of those "oh thats convenient" situations for her to use her powers. Wolverine is the feral samurai berserker, Cap is a leader and tactician, Janet was the slightly distracting annoyance. BUT that's just how I see it.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By geraldthesloth

Jack of Hearts

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AngelFrost
    @LT1085:  Maybe, if she comes back from the dead, she'll be a lot tougher. [: & kick ass more.   Janet wasn't useless, she kept a moral compass throughout, she differed from the usual Marvel women, Like Jean, Emma, Storm, Ms Marvel,   you know, the fearless, superpowered, ass-kicking independant women, While Janet wasn't as 'out there', she was still reliable and a down to earth character. She didn't have the best powers in the Avengers, but they were suitable for her and did come useful,  they didn't really show much of her using the Growth aspect of her powers ... which is why some people like Ant-Man.    & that's how I see it, lol.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LT1085
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @LT1085:  Maybe, if she comes back from the dead, she'll be a lot tougher. [: & kick ass more.   Janet wasn't useless, she kept a moral compass throughout, she differed from the usual Marvel women, Like Jean, Emma, Storm, Ms Marvel,   you know, the fearless, superpowered, ass-kicking independant women, While Janet wasn't as 'out there', she was still reliable and a down to earth character. She didn't have the best powers in the Avengers, but they were suitable for her and did come useful,  they didn't really show much of her using the Growth aspect of her powers ... which is why some people like Ant-Man.    & that's how I see it, lol. "
    I know what you mean, but in the marvel universe that seems to be a prerequisite for survival. Mediocrity kills.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngelFrost
    @LT1085:  Hopefully it will change.  & it's pathetic if it doesn't. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.