Follow

Ben Reilly

Character » Ben Reilly appears in 701 issues.

The second and most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. A superhero known as the Scarlet Spider, Reilly later replaced Peter Parker for a time as Spider-Man after he found out that all this time he was the original and not Peter. Ben met his ultimate demise in the fight against the Green Goblin which led to Peter becoming Spider-Man once again, after he found out that he is the real Spider-Man after all.

Should Carnage become Scarlet Spider's archenemy?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Phaedrusgr

I believe Carnage must become Scarlet Spider's archenemy. I see great potential in this. What do you think?

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I don't like it that's just me... I still feel it is too soon for him to have a Arch-nemesis. That is just me though. I want to see him duke it out with a few more people.

(+)

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Yung ANcient One: Yost's been providing him a nice gallery of super villains. But think about. Symbiote, totally out of mind and boundaries, monster. Kaine is Pete's clone, so he hasa thing with symbiotes, even if he doesn't want to, he tries to place some boundaries and straight up, fixing his mind. He has this monster issue. They'd be a perfect "match". But, you may be right it's too soon.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Yung ANcient One

That is a good answer, but again only time will tell depending on which of his many villains keeps on coming back, and making a impact every time will deserve to be his Green Goblin/Lex Luthor/Joker/etc

(+)

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tupiaz

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Yung ANcient One: Yost's been providing him a nice gallery of super villains. But think about. Symbiote, totally out of mind and boundaries, monster. Kaine is Pete's clone, so he hasa thing with symbiotes, even if he doesn't want to, he tries to place some boundaries and straight up, fixing his mind. He has this monster issue. They'd be a perfect "match". But, you may be right it's too soon.

Both Kaine and Ben Reilly was created before the symbiot came into the play. The where just away from Peter's life since the very first clone saga (doing the 70's). So no the clones don't have a thing for clones. The most obvious enemy would be Jackal.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@tupiaz: I know, I know. I've been reading spiderman comic books for the past 20 years. Did you read Minimum Carnage ? Did you see the reaction of the symbiotes regarding Kaine? Both of them. I can't see Jackal as Kaine's archenemy. I've mentionned why I prefer Carnage and I think that Yost's moving towards this direction (DON'T READ, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ Minimum Carnage and you don't want any spoilers), since Kaine lobotomized Casady making the symbiote more powerful due to total lack of human control.

Apart from the obvious antithesis of the two characters, they'll be a perfect match, now that Kaine will have his powers augmented.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tupiaz

@Phaedrusgr said:

@tupiaz: I know, I know. I've been reading spiderman comic books for the past 20 years. Did you read Minimum Carnage ? Did you see the reaction of the symbiotes regarding Kaine? Both of them. I can't see Jackal as Kaine's archenemy. I've mentionned why I prefer Carnage and I think that Yost's moving towards this direction (DON'T READ, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ Minimum Carnage and you don't want any spoilers), since Kaine lobotomized Casady making the symbiote more powerful due to total lack of human control.

Apart from the obvious antithesis of the two characters, they'll be a perfect match, now that Kaine will have his powers augmented.

The Jackal created him and made his live a hell walking around being somebody else. This is the most logic and straight up enemy he has Haven't read Minimum carnage since I don't read Spider-Man anymore. He could also have Doctor Octopus as enemy. But he is now in PP's body...oh well shit like this that keeps me from reading Spider-Man related stories. maybe you could use Judas Traveller. Anyway Green Goblin is behind everything and he is the only villain. Spider-Man has and the rest of the enemies are rather unimportant and just Green Goblins tools (another reason I don't Spider-Man related stories anymore).

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@tupiaz: You could give Scarlet Spider a try. It's really really really good.

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sky-pirate

Carnage is too much of a high profile character, that's linked to Spider-Man. If they give any of Pete's rogues to Kaine, they should go with more obscure/less used villains (like they've done with Venom).

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@sky-pirate: Don't know, man. You've got a point, no doubt, nevertheless, I think that Carnage becoming Scarlet Spider's archenemy is pretty legit. They have an interesting background. In addition, Kaine lobotomising Cassady and releasing completely the Symbiote "bonds" them quite well in a way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.