Follow

Ben Reilly

Character » Ben Reilly appears in 701 issues.

The second and most successful clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. A superhero known as the Scarlet Spider, Reilly later replaced Peter Parker for a time as Spider-Man after he found out that all this time he was the original and not Peter. Ben met his ultimate demise in the fight against the Green Goblin which led to Peter becoming Spider-Man once again, after he found out that he is the real Spider-Man after all.

Ben Vs Kaine "Battle for the Mantle"

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Omegus

With all this news about Kaine more than likely being the new Scarlet Spider, got me thinking about spider island. There was "another" clone that was mentioned but never brought up. Now that Kaine is cured still does not change who he became. He may have worked things out with Peter but it still does not change who he became.He would still have all his sadistic tendencies as he always did. If I had to write the Scarlet Spider Story arc I would have Ben come back and battle Kaine for the mantle of Scarlet Spider.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Thing is, he's not going to have Scarlet Spider's unique gimmicks. He's going to have the powers from Other and Big Time. Which is weird. It's like he's not really the Scarlet Spider. Give him impact webbing!

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Omegus

@fodigg: I know , which would make it for a good story arc on him going bad again and Ben comes back.

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By IronHerc

Yes, If I was in charge of the series (I'm an aspiring writer and somewhat artist) I would make Kaine a hero for a while as he struggles to keep himself from hurting others and finds out that the jackal is keeping the real ben for all this time in a lab since he was a perfect clone and replaced him with a cheap one (the one that died), while using his DNA to create spider based enemies and before he goes all crazy again, he would ask his brother to either kill him and force ben to fight him or ben like the good spidey he is tries to save him. Ending the hatred between brothers and having the real scarlet spider to return and then we get impact webbing again.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @fodigg said:

Thing is, he's not going to have Scarlet Spider's unique gimmicks. He's going to have the powers from Other and Big Time. Which is weird. It's like he's not really the Scarlet Spider. Give him impact webbing!

in other words.......the powers PETER should have.......T.T
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fodigg said:

Basically yeah, but if you gave Parker every powerset he'd ever had temporarily he'd be a six-armed freak with impact webbing, forearm spikes, invisibility armor, and the uni-power.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @fodigg said:

THIS.  

(Starts tearing hair out)
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

This is Venom all over again! The symbiote bonded with Eddie Brock is what created Venom, why should anyone else call themselves Venom when it was Brock's hatred for Parker that made him take that name. Same principle here, all they've done is put Kaine in a suit and call him the Scarlet-Spider! I think they should have given him a new name. Why not just keep the name from Spider-island, Tarantula wasn't bad. It would also allow Kaine to develop into his own character. Still i'm looking forward to the series it has some good potential!

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Omegus

@Strider92: Agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.