Ben Reilly Return In This August's SCARLET SPIDER #21?

#1 Edited by PunyParker (12581 posts) - - Show Bio

INTO THE GRAVE PART 1 (of 3)

• After last issue’s shocking ending, everything has changed for Kaine. His second chance at life is over.

• At his lowest point, he comes face to face with the one man that’s fueled his obsession, hate and guilt his entire life... BEN REILLY.

#2 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben returns...I don't know what that means for Kaine. I do hope Yost comes up with something really really clever, cause Kaine is "my Scarlet Spider" now. I mean, I do like Ben, despite the fact that the "Clone Saga" was a huge mess, but I don't want to see Kaine becoming a villain or giving his place to Ben. Perhaps, we're talking about a Jackal's scheme, don't know...So, I'll say I'm excited but worried at the same time...Let's see...

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay Bens comin back. Hope Kaine stays as the Scarlet Spider

#4 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I truely hope Ben comes back but how much kaine has grown on me .....oh god this is going to be intense. But my love for Ben is greater.

#5 Edited by HumanRocket (9347 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow way to make me pick between Ben and kaine. Kaine has grown on me ever since I picked up the first issue so idk how to feel about this except I hope kaine doesn't go back to being a villian. And also yay another spidey that isn't Spock

#6 Edited by Neogamebuddy (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to be a superhero team, and jeez Ben it took you a while to come back from the dead

#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there's a pretty good chance that Ben will be a hallucination type thing.

#8 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

After I purchase The Entire Clone Saga next week, I will decide how i feel about this.

#9 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno why but I feel like this is fake. Like this is someone wearing Ben Reilly's costume.

( + )

#10 Edited by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno why but I feel like this is fake. Like this is someone wearing Ben Reilly's costume.

( + )

agreed...especially since last issue they showed that the Jackal was going to be making a new Spidercide and over the last few years Marvel has been teasing Ben's return over and over again just to do something else

#11 Posted by ValiantAvenger (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Ben Reilly back, and I don't want Kaine to leave.

#12 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

( + )

agreed...especially since last issue they showed that the Jackal was going to be making a new Spidercide and over the last few years Marvel has been teasing Ben's return over and over again just to do something else

At first I thought it was going to be Otto playing sick mind games on Kaine but yeah... you're probably right. I haven't read the Superior Scarlet story yet. I trade wait.

( + )

#13 Edited by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

( + )

At first I thought it was going to be Otto playing sick mind games on Kaine but yeah... you're probably right. I haven't read the Superior Scarlet story yet. I trade wait.

( + )

aw man sorry for the spoiler then

#14 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: It's all good don't worry bro. The "freebie" preview showed that he plans on using Kaine/Superior's DNA. I kind of figured. Plus, I gotten use to spoilers. It's part of the deal when you trade wait.

The worse spoiler was from G-Man who revealed Fantomex' death. I was like WHAT! The only upside was when I read the trade he didn't die when I thought he was.

( + )

#15 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's probably not really him and I don't want to get my hopes up but right now I want to squeal like a little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

really excited to read this tomorrow...really hoping that it's Ben....though I do wonder why he would be wearing his Scarlet Spider costume and not continue to use his Spider-man costume

#17 Posted by Noteworthington (200 posts) - - Show Bio

All of Bens costumes are so great.

#18 Edited by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

SON OF B#TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

SON OF B#TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on i want the news

#20 Edited by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

SON OF B#TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on i want the news

it was Kraven in a Scarlet Spider suit

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: I knew better...they've done this so many times before...but I still got excited

#23 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I also was so pissed it wasn't him but I think this series has to be leading up to Ben. But still was so pissed when kraven showed his face......damn it!!

#26 Posted by angelalfonso (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegus said:

I also was so pissed it wasn't him but I think this series has to be leading up to Ben. But still was so pissed when kraven showed his face......damn it!!

yea, same here

#27 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@angelalfonso I don't care what anyone says about Ben's classic hoodie suit, I loved it. and the new art for it makes it look that much slicker. My biggest problem with Kaine and Ben is that they are both well rounded characters. I would like to see Ben back , dawn the hoodie and take "Dr.Spiderman" Personally I don't like the new SS series I find they are trying to make peter like Kaine. I say "Nay, Nay". The Retcon (But not a retcon) of the Clone Saga where Ben lives was great. that is how it should have ended. Its funny how 2 clones have better story development then the real hero. Kaine is amazing as is I love reading about him every month. Bring Back the Blue Hoodie (Ben Reilly).

#28 Edited by Teerack (7421 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:

@danhimself said:

SON OF B#TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on i want the news

it was Kraven in a Scarlet Spider suit

Wow.... I am super glad I gave up on all Spider-Man related books, because I knew it was just going to be another lie for sales.

#29 Posted by arthurkerr (585 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: is Scarlet Spider back or not lol. One of the only characters I would go out of my way to read. He seemed to have that much to add to the Spiderman world. Who else could team up with Peter Parker and those two just kick some major ass. I mean Scarlet Spiders death was the reason I stopped reading Spiderman all together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.