Follow

Ben 10

Character » Ben 10 appears in 96 issues.

A 10 year old boy who came to possess the Omnitrix a device that allows him to transform into 1,900,003 different aliens; each with their own unique powers. Now older and possessing the Ultimatrix (an upgraded Omnitrix) Ben 10 is known as the greatest hero of the universe. Although now having an even better Omnitrix than its predecessors, Ben again considers himself the greatest hero and saved the universe a "billion times."

Ben 10 is heading to the big screen

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedK

After growing into a massive franchise, “Ben 10” is going to have a big screen treatment. Joel Silver, “Sherlock Holmes” producer, is set to develop the Cartoon Network series, with Warner Bros. Pictures handling the distribution. The information was releasd on the 15th of June on The Nation,

According to Variety, Silver’s goal is making “a potential franchise starter” for the action flick. “I think we have to try something fresh and go at it in a way that stays true to the original material,” so he said. “I have a 5-year-old and a 9-year-old, so it’s somewhere between them.” Steve Richards from Dark Castle added, “We really see this as a large, big-budgeted tentpole movie.” Having made a children action film “Speed Racer”, Silver suggested that the forthcoming movie will be different. “I tried to do [something similar] with ‘Speed Racer’ and failed miserably,” the producer admitted. “You always learn more from the ones that don’t work than the ones that do work.”

Here's a link to the original article from The Nation, hopefully this won't be a good franchise that gets ruined by a film adaption. More Information should be come avalible in the next few weeks about this project since it is a very big franchise at the moment.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By iLLituracy

Cheers to that.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

nice.itll be good to see what Ben can do with hollywood style special effects

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EnSabahNurX

O_O sounds cool but I've developed a hatred for the post ben 10(original series) spinoffs because they are quite bad most of the time

SyncGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SyncGirl

@EnSabahNurX: Exactly.Muaramaki's and McDuffie's script was pretty awesome at the beggining,but Alien Force became less interesting after a while.Ultimate Alien had a few great episodes but endend up in the same line.The Generator Rex crossover was sweet though,an solid 4/5.Even though I think that Man Of Action are really stuck up fellows,I must admit that their original shows are the best thing in Cartoon Network .

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncgirl said:

@EnSabahNurX: Exactly.Muaramaki's and McDuffie's script was pretty awesome at the beggining,but Alien Force became less interesting after a while.Ultimate Alien had a few great episodes but endend up in the same line.The Generator Rex crossover was sweet though,an solid 4/5.Even though I think that Man Of Action are really stuck up fellows,I must admit that their original shows are the best thing in Cartoon Network .

Man of Action stuck up? I mean...I knew they were assholes, but why stuck up?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope they make it good. I watched the old show a lot when I was younger. I haven't seen much of the new seasons, but if they have the right people on the team, it could be a pretty fun franchise.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

was it canceled?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.