Ben 10 is heading to the big screen

#1 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

After growing into a massive franchise, “Ben 10” is going to have a big screen treatment. Joel Silver, “Sherlock Holmes” producer, is set to develop the Cartoon Network series, with Warner Bros. Pictures handling the distribution. The information was releasd on the 15th of June on The Nation,

According to Variety, Silver’s goal is making “a potential franchise starter” for the action flick. “I think we have to try something fresh and go at it in a way that stays true to the original material,” so he said. “I have a 5-year-old and a 9-year-old, so it’s somewhere between them.” Steve Richards from Dark Castle added, “We really see this as a large, big-budgeted tentpole movie.” Having made a children action film “Speed Racer”, Silver suggested that the forthcoming movie will be different. “I tried to do [something similar] with ‘Speed Racer’ and failed miserably,” the producer admitted. “You always learn more from the ones that don’t work than the ones that do work.”

Here's a link to the original article from The Nation, hopefully this won't be a good franchise that gets ruined by a film adaption. More Information should be come avalible in the next few weeks about this project since it is a very big franchise at the moment.
#2 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheers to that.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio

nice.itll be good to see what Ben can do with hollywood style special effects

#4 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O sounds cool but I've developed a hatred for the post ben 10(original series) spinoffs because they are quite bad most of the time

#5 Posted by SyncGirl (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX: Exactly.Muaramaki's and McDuffie's script was pretty awesome at the beggining,but Alien Force became less interesting after a while.Ultimate Alien had a few great episodes but endend up in the same line.The Generator Rex crossover was sweet though,an solid 4/5.Even though I think that Man Of Action are really stuck up fellows,I must admit that their original shows are the best thing in Cartoon Network .

#6 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@syncgirl said:

@EnSabahNurX: Exactly.Muaramaki's and McDuffie's script was pretty awesome at the beggining,but Alien Force became less interesting after a while.Ultimate Alien had a few great episodes but endend up in the same line.The Generator Rex crossover was sweet though,an solid 4/5.Even though I think that Man Of Action are really stuck up fellows,I must admit that their original shows are the best thing in Cartoon Network .

Man of Action stuck up? I mean...I knew they were assholes, but why stuck up?

#7 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they make it good. I watched the old show a lot when I was younger. I haven't seen much of the new seasons, but if they have the right people on the team, it could be a pretty fun franchise.

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22973 posts) - - Show Bio

was it canceled?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.