Follow

Before Watchmen

Story arc »

Before Watchmen is a DC Comics event that launched seven new mini-series' which serve as a prequel to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' original Watchmen series.

Before Watchmen

Nightwing_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Nightwing_22

I can't be the only one who's more then a bit nervous to check out the new Before Watchmen line. As a huge fan of the original, the fact that it might not be as well written or have a plot that comes anywhere close to the original is more then a tad unnerving. I've had the first issue for about a week now and still haven't read it just for that fact. I first read the original Watchmen 5 or 6 years ago, and i did so a bit begrudgingly. I hadn't really read anything outside of DC or Marvel at that time, so i wasn't sure what to expect. I'm glad my friends pushed me in that direction.

Blowing my mind would be an uderstatment about how i felt after reading it, and had to reread it just to be sure i had a grasp on everything. I'd never thought of doing the wrong thing for that right reasons would be an acceptable in a major comicbook line. It made a 16 year old me think very, very deeply about how comics were written. I think deep down, it still reflects how i grade and view newer comic's. The one thing that i know is the Darwin Cooke is a genius when it comes to drawing that time frame and in just that aspect i know we're all in for a treat

Stevens61310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Stevens61310

I think that no matter how good, great, or even brilliant the Before Watchmen mini-series are there will be a good percentage of the comic reading public that will be disappointed. The readers just hold Watchmen in that high regard. My issue will be financial. I simply don't have the budget to get it all.

Nightwing_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nightwing_22

I agree with that, especially when i'm buying alot of New 52, i'm going to have to budget out where it fits when alls said and done

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.