jimdougan's Before Watchmen: Moloch #2 - The Eleven-Thirty Absolution; The Curse of the Crmson Corsair: Wide Were His Dragon Wings, Conclusion review

Doomed from the Start: Moloch the Mystic

There weren't any revelations. Nothing in here will change how we look at Watchmen forever.

But is is fantastic as a stand alone.

The art was fantastically brilliant, and so was the writing. It's hard not to sympathize with Moloch as he tries desperately to redeem himself, and the last few pages were some of the saddest, most touching panels I've ever read in a comic book.

I didn't really care for Edgar in Before Watchmen: Moloch #1, he was just an unlucky, unhappy villain, but I found myself genuinely caring for the doomed man, and I found it heartbreaking how Jacobi stuck with Ozymandias to the bitter end.

The writing by Straczynski was excellent, and the art by Risso was suitably sinister and moody.

Ozymandias was appropriately cold and steely, and there was a nice appearance by Janey Slater, Doctor Manhattan's former girlfriend.

All in all, a solid addition to the Before Watchmen.

0 Comments Leave a Comment

Posted by dbzmaster789

Finally someone who loved this issue as much as I did; great review!

Posted by jimdougan

Thank you for your praise! Means alot to me :)

It really was fantastic, it's just a shame the rest of BW wasn't as good...

Other reviews for Before Watchmen: Moloch #2 - The Eleven-Thirty Absolution; The Curse of the Crmson Corsair: Wide Were His Dragon Wings, Conclusion