Follow

Beast

Character » Beast appears in 9636 issues.

A founding member of the X-Men, Dr. Hank McCoy is a mutant possessing animal-like strength and agility. Despite being covered in blue fur and resembling a ferocious beast, Hank possesses an astounding intellect and a superb wit. He is currently a key member of X-Force.

I'm not afraid anymore...

Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Doombert

TO ADMIT MY COMPLETELY HETERO SEXUAL LOVE FOR THE BEAST. 

I'll have you know I held shift down for all of that.  No caps lock here friend.

On a serious note, I'm 28 now, when I was a bit younger my mom pushed comics on me as a way to get me to read.  The first comic I ever got had The Beast in there and I thought he was the greatest thing ever.  I still remember a quote from the book "a feat with my feet could lead to your defeat!" as he was flippin through the air.  I thought it was cool!  To a kid the idea of making someone that's strong, acrobatic and a genius was amazing to me.  It was different from the traditional hero's that I've heard people talk about when I was a kid.  i.e. HULK SMASH CANT FORM COMPLETE SENTENCE ROAR.

Through the years I've stopped collecting comic books, due to deployments etc I just haven't had the time or the ability to continue reading.  Now that I'm out I'd like to pick back up and I was hoping that maybe some other Henry fans could point me to a few series that Henry actually plays a role in, be it on any level.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for readin!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I love Beast too.  Not in a hetero-bestial way.  He's such a great character, and often under-used.  

Vallary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Vallary

I totally LOVE Beast. He is so kind and intelligent and very very nice to people, he threats everyone with respect and always is rational and he is funny in a "beloved grandpa" way. Love love love him. Grant Morrison did great job on him!!!! made me love him and respect him! I really wish I knew people with personality like Beast's

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Beast Is easily my favorite character.  Unfortunately most writers end up pigeon holing him as the doctor or scientist and he ends up going into a characterization limbo. However, Morrison did a wonderful job with Hank and I would say that Whedon did even better.  They both remembered that hank not only filled the role of scientist, but also as the medeator of team moral.  Another good place to look is in the Endangered Species mini series.  The writing isn't the best out there, as is to be expected when there are multiple authors, but the overall story is good and it really lets beast shine.

Even better however is that Hank is now co-starring in a new on going book: S.W.O.R.D. Number 2 came out early this month and the book holds alot of promise.  The writing is quite good considering that both #1 and #2 were still introducing the characters into the new setting and situations.  The art is dissapointing, but not enough to take away the thrill that Beast is now a co-star (not side-character) in a monthly on going (not mini-series)  It really seems like the decades of paying his dues are finally paying off for the big, blue guy.  However, I would suggest reading Whedon's run of Astonishing X-men before picking up this title as it makes the charater interactions far more entertaining knowing the past beast has with all the new faces in this title.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Doombert said:
    "TO ADMIT MY COMPLETELY HETERO SEXUAL LOVE FOR THE BEAST.   I'll have you know I held shift down for all of that.  No caps lock here friend.  On a serious note, I'm 28 now, when I was a bit younger my mom pushed comics on me as a way to get me to read.  The first comic I ever got had The Beast in there and I thought he was the greatest thing ever.  I still remember a quote from the book "a feat with my feet could lead to your defeat!" as he was flippin through the air.  I thought it was cool!  To a kid the idea of making someone that's strong, acrobatic and a genius was amazing to me.  It was different from the traditional hero's that I've heard people talk about when I was a kid.  i.e. HULK SMASH CANT FORM COMPLETE SENTENCE ROAR. Through the years I've stopped collecting comic books, due to deployments etc I just haven't had the time or the ability to continue reading.  Now that I'm out I'd like to pick back up and I was hoping that maybe some other Henry fans could point me to a few series that Henry actually plays a role in, be it on any level.  Any help would be appreciated and thanks for readin! "

lol 
     'Furries' much?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.