Do you still want Beast to become an X-Men member again?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (14705 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I was thinking he sided with the Avengers in AvX and somehow I've felt that he doesn't belong to the X-Men anymore so I think I don't want him to become an X-men anymore and just stay with the Avengers.

How about you?

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Him, Storm and Rogue need to move on. Beast can stand on his own, he doesn't need the whole mutant crisis thing. That being said, he should be considered a pariah to his people for all the crap he's pulled over the years.

Storm needs to get benched for a couple of years then come back and take over Wolverine and the X-men, or the Jean Grey School. Rogue has moved on, but I want her to get over the love triangle crap so badly its stifling her character.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't beast been an x-man again since regenesis?

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

He has.

@TheCrowbar said:

Him, Storm and Rogue need to move on. Beast can stand on his own, he doesn't need the whole mutant crisis thing. That being said, he should be considered a pariah to his people for all the crap he's pulled over the years.

Storm needs to get benched for a couple of years then come back and take over Wolverine and the X-men, or the Jean Grey School. Rogue has moved on, but I want her to get over the love triangle crap so badly its stifling her character.

Rogue has moved on from the X-Men?

#5 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (424 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: A pariah? Are you serious? Hank did more in his lifetime for mutant kind than most any other character in the Marvel Universe (after Charles of course) He didn't turn his back on mutancy, he turned his back on Scott and all his grey-area morality calls that were setting mutants back by widening the social rift between them and the rest of the world.

I frankly don't think he should be back on the X-men because they haven't resolved the issues that made him leave in the first place. Besides, I don't want to buy a book for Beast and be forced to read more of Scott's b.s. Who knows, maybe after escaping from the Phoenix Force Scott may mellow out and get his act together, but if not I'd say the best thing for the X-men would be if he took a long vacation while Storm took over as leader for a while. If that was the case then Beast could fit back with the team in an instant.

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is my third favorite X-Man, right after Storm and Kitty Pride. He is such a tragic character too. I always want to see him.

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

He has.

@TheCrowbar said:

Rogue has moved on from the X-Men?

In the sense that she's no longer the same person she was in the beginning she's matured rather well. Except for the love triangle, she still needs to move on from the X-men, as I stated in my first sentence, but she's still doing alright.

@Beast_in_the_Shadows said:

@TheCrowbar: A pariah? Are you serious? Hank did more in his lifetime for mutant kind than most any other character in the Marvel Universe (after Charles of course) He didn't turn his back on mutancy, he turned his back on Scott and all his grey-area morality calls that were setting mutants back by widening the social rift between them and the rest of the world.

I frankly don't think he should be back on the X-men because they haven't resolved the issues that made him leave in the first place. Besides, I don't want to buy a book for Beast and be forced to read more of Scott's b.s. Who knows, maybe after escaping from the Phoenix Force Scott may mellow out and get his act together, but if not I'd say the best thing for the X-men would be if he took a long vacation while Storm took over as leader for a while. If that was the case then Beast could fit back with the team in an instant.

Scott leaving the X-men would make the series overly bland. He provides great tension and drama that neither Storm or Beast can hold up. Beast should be seen as a pariah, his people are dying left and right, they're becoming extinct. What does he do with his genius level intellect? He berates Cyclops and quits. It's not until Wolverine and the X-men does Beast even come back, not of his own initiative but Wolverine's.

#8 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (424 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Scott leaving would make it feel like a book about heroes again. Everything he has done in past years is too self serving and Machiavellian. Storm could bring some honor back to the group and Beast could go about mending the teams relationship with the rest of the world.

And when it comes to mutants dying left and right, that is more Scott's fault for having used so many as pawns in his game, let's not forget his commissioning a secret group of assassins to do his dirty work.

Also, mutants aren't going extinct as they aren't a truly independent species. they are born from regular humans and they can have reproductive offspring with regular humans, so by rules of taxonomy they are still the same species. However when it comes to Hank's efforts to saving the x-gene, I take it that you didn't read "Endangered Species" because in it Hank traveled the world, reached out to every super mind in the Marvel universe sacrificed some of his own ideals and even probed the multi-verse trying to find a way to stop the effects of Wanda's spell. He devoted more to that cause than anyone else and no one reaped any greater results anyway. He should still be considered one of the greatest heroes other mutants can look up to.

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't even leave.

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14387 posts) - - Show Bio

He has been an X-Man again since Regenesis.He has been in Logan's book.

#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

stupidest idea ever. storm taking over logan's school? stupid, stupid.

#12 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5848 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Beast, I was reading him in the Wolverine and the xmen comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.