Follow

Beast

Character » Beast appears in 9636 issues.

A founding member of the X-Men, Dr. Hank McCoy is a mutant possessing animal-like strength and agility. Despite being covered in blue fur and resembling a ferocious beast, Hank possesses an astounding intellect and a superb wit. He is currently a key member of X-Force.

Beast: X-Men or Avenger? Which does he inherently belongs to?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ReVamp

He's was an X-Men first, but soon joined the Avengers due to Age differences? Which team does he belong to?

• In Classical Versions of Both teams?
    • In Current Versions of Both teams?
    • In General?
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Which team does he belong to the most??    Just sounds like its worded wrong or something,

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle said:

Which team does he belong to the most?? Just sounds like its worded wrong or something,

I don't really see it >__>.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

Which team does he belong to the most?? Just sounds like its worded wrong or something,

I don't really see it >__>.

but you fixed it!!??

X-Men...Beast is first and foremost an X-Man, he was not only a "founding" member, but has been featured prominently in all other media. He is the teams brain and sometimes comic relief and just a necessary character when written correctly....the Avengers have so many other characters that can fill those roles.......I believe the only reason they put Hank on the Avnengers is because they can't figure out anything else to do with him, well, thats my opinion anyways
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReVamp

@cattlebattle: Yeah, wouldn't want any heat over something so trivial.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    X-Men.
    Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Afro_Warrior

Classis version belongs with the X-Men, but the current Beast can stay with the Avengers. I just can't stand his current attitude and hypocrisy.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- While he has spent time with both teams, I would say X-Men because:

1 - That is the team most fans associate him with

2 - He was never more than a minor character in his Avengers stint

3 - He was an original X-Man, but just one of many later Avengers recruits

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@WarMachineMarkV said:

2. Not true.

3. When he joined, there weren't "many" recruits. At least not as many as now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

2. Not true.

3. When he joined, there weren't "many" recruits. At least not as many as now.

2 - In what sense was he a major character? It's been a while since I read the issues where he was with the team but he never seemed as prominent with the Avengers as he was with the X-Men

3 - Again, how did he stand out more than any of the other 2nd tier Avengers that have come and gone?

- His current place on the Avengers is a lot more integral than his first stint, but overall his ties are a lot more established with the X-Men

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Manchine

Have to agree he is an Xmen First and a Avenger second. He provides a more pivotial roll in Xmen also.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReVamp

@WarMachineMarkV said:

2 - In what sense was he a major character? It's been a while since I read the issues where he was with the team but he never seemed as prominent with the Avengers as he was with the X-Men

3 - Again, how did he stand out more than any of the other 2nd tier Avengers that have come and gone?

- His current place on the Avengers is a lot more integral than his first stint, but overall his ties are a lot more established with the X-Men

He was on the main Avengers team, featured just as equally as everyone else on the team.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think in the end he is more an X-man than an Avenger, but just by a hair's width. With the X-men he has more responsibility because they are more of a secondary family. Some of his best friends may be Avengers, and he wouldn't have developed the same were it not for his time with them, but family matters will always trump time with your friends when it comes right down to it.

So, x-men, but just barely.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By CATPANEXE

S.W.OR.D. Forget the rest. S.W.O.R.D. actually has the kind of think tank and resources that can cater to his true ambitions. And Micheal Morbuis's position appears to be open there now.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Afro_Warrior said:

Classis version belongs with the X-Men, but the current Beast can stay with the Avengers. I just can't stand his current attitude and hypocrisy.

this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CATPANEXE said:

S.W.OR.D. Forget the rest. S.W.O.R.D. actually has the kind of think tank and resources that can cater to his true ambitions. And Micheal Morbuis's position appears to be open there now.

- With the X-Club, his place as the X-Men resident brain is filled

- The Avengers have Tony Stark and Hank Pym so he really isn't needed there

- I agree S.W.O.R.D. is probably a better fit currently, but their series was DOA so to put him there would send him to limbo

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By kidchipotle

@BlackArmor said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

this

This but i mostly associate Beast as an X-Man.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CATPANEXE

@WarMachineMarkV:

I give up.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By One_Eye

@Afro_Warrior said:

That makes two of us honestly.>_< The fact that he continues to get away with his trolling of Cyclops, his double-standards, and dismissive attitude towards Wolverine's actions have put him in bad standings with me as well. Hope he gets his fuzzy maw beat inside and out.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

@Afro_Warrior said:

Well said.

JackRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JackRock

i hope for x men he goes with them

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Enosisik

He's more fitting as an X-man but he has strong realatiinships that may actually be stronger than his X-friends :)) ok jokes aside his best friend has long been shown to be Wonderman who is a classic Avenger. Also you'd think that Hank would enjoy being surrounded by other genius type heroes such as Pym and Stark rather than the often wild world of X-men characters.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By evilvegeta74

That may be true, but I miss the day where him and wonderman would sit around the mansion joking!

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#24  Edited By krspaceT

the sheer fact is with how AVX is oh so slightly biased towards the avengers, the only way he'll get respect from the fans is wearing a A.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Gambit1024

At a first glance, I'd immediately place him as an X-Man, being a founding member. Looking at his behavior, the people he's closest to, and his stance on many issues, however, he's an Avenger.

I'd say he's the best of both worlds. Either team is a great fit for him, but with the current circumstances and recent events, he's an Avenger.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26  Edited By McKlayn

@Enosisik said:

He's more fitting as an X-man but he has strong realatiinships that may actually be stronger than his X-friends :)) ok jokes aside his best friend has long been shown to be Wonderman who is a classic Avenger. Also you'd think that Hank would enjoy being surrounded by other genius type heroes such as Pym and Stark rather than the often wild world of X-men characters.

His closest friend used to be Iceman, the two had one of the greatest friendships in the Marvel Universe ages ago. I love beast personally and I am a big X man fan but honestly he has annoyed me for some time now, what i think is happening sadly in the entire Marvel U is a bit of transition for alot of characters, it fills to me they are catering to the Avengers in a large extent and buffing their rather unknown roster with some slightly better known X characters (they should just try to establish their own guys but what can you do right?) I think for the most part Beast much like some others (havok, rogue, for example maybe even Cannonball and sunspot) are currently X characters, but i think the idea is to establish them as Avengers for the new generation of readers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.