Where is Beast Boy in the new DC Revamp?

#1 Posted by CanucksXVX (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy is argueably the greatest Teen Titan, but especially to me he is the greatest. I was excited for the new DC Revamp but i was dissapointed to notice that Beast boy wasnt on the new Teen Titans #1 cover. Hes been on the titans the longest yet, instead they put some gas girl and spider chick ion the front. I was just concerned that they have cut him out, killed him off or given him a back seat to some new people. Besides i really want to see his new design cuz it will be awesome i hope.

#2 Posted by tbone1225 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Give DC some time. I'm sure they're not just going to make your favorite characters disappear. You'll just have to see them in a different light.

#3 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (424 posts) - - Show Bio

There are supposed to be 7 other character on the JLA, so there is a good chance he may show up there.  It would be nice to see him written by Geoff again, but I kinda hope he isn't in the title.  Altho he deserves to be on the JLA, the roster is already crowded with the confirmed members and I doubt Gar will get much page time when he has to compete with the likes of the more famous (but far less interesting) Superman, Aquaman and the like... 

I don't want him to be on the Teen Titans either as it seems to be one of the books that really is getting a dramatic change in histroy and I'd rather Gar retain as much of his character development he's recieved over the years (tho forgetting Hendersen's run is fine by me)  

Frankly if Gar is going to show up at all, I imagine it will be in a one-shot or mini in the DC Presents title.  That title seems like it is designed to showcase the other characters that got overlooked in the relaunch.   

However there is buzz of other book that will premire after September.  It may be too much to hope for, but I would Love for the Doom Patrol to get a new Title with Gar as the leader.  We haven't got to see him in the leading role much. He was leader of TT during the missing year but we only saw glimpses of that and he was leader of the DP all the way until they got there own book.  Who knows maybe even a "Beast Boy and the Outsiders" could be an option after the relaunch. 

Whatever happens I really hope they don't drop the relationship between him and Raven.  It has suffered from poor writers since Geoff left the title, but has alot of potential.

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12403 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH! A new Doom Patrol title would be great. Especially considering how good it was pre-Flashpoint.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12401 posts) - - Show Bio
@Beast_in_the_Shadows said:
There are supposed to be 7 other character on the JLA, so there is a good chance he may show up there.  It would be nice to see him written by Geoff again, but I kinda hope he isn't in the title.  Altho he deserves to be on the JLA, the roster is already crowded with the confirmed members and I doubt Gar will get much page time when he has to compete with the likes of the more famous (but far less interesting) Superman, Aquaman and the like...  I don't want him to be on the Teen Titans either as it seems to be one of the books that really is getting a dramatic change in histroy and I'd rather Gar retain as much of his character development he's recieved over the years (tho forgetting Hendersen's run is fine by me)   Frankly if Gar is going to show up at all, I imagine it will be in a one-shot or mini in the DC Presents title.  That title seems like it is designed to showcase the other characters that got overlooked in the relaunch.    However there is buzz of other book that will premire after September.  It may be too much to hope for, but I would Love for the Doom Patrol to get a new Title with Gar as the leader.  We haven't got to see him in the leading role much. He was leader of TT during the missing year but we only saw glimpses of that and he was leader of the DP all the way until they got there own book.  Who knows maybe even a "Beast Boy and the Outsiders" could be an option after the relaunch.  Whatever happens I really hope they don't drop the relationship between him and Raven.  It has suffered from poor writers since Geoff left the title, but has alot of potential. 

if they actually called it Beast Boy and The Outsiders, id have to shoot someone. Beast Boy isnt really outsiders material. he's too social of a hero
#6 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be interesting to see him in the the justice league but the idea of him leading the doom patrol sounds great

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast Boy's fine he always bounces back and if he IS dead well then his whole charecter was based around the concept either you laugh or you cry so you decide how to greive
#8 Posted by the #1man (18 posts) - - Show Bio

id love to see beast boy new look in the revamped  series, i hope he has the same type of suit as he did in his series he would look great in black and red...and whats all this talk about beast boy dying??

#9 Posted by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping when they do bring him back, they do it in away that doesn't insult his character. He's a legacy character of the Doom Patrol, and I don't think he belongs on either the new Teen Titans title or the Justice League. The current iteration of the Titans are all characters who are portrayed as eventually becoming members of the Justice League, which was never the case for Beast Boy and the Titans from his time (Raven, Nightwing, Starfire, etc). While some of them might be able to fit in with the Justice League, Beast Boy is too different a character. 

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

would anybody be pissed if they brought him back in the DCnU and he had normal color skin? 

I've never liked Gar but i did find his relationship with Raven interesting enough that i would want them to keep him around just for that. I think i would like him more if he wasnt such a screw up and immature (i know they have been showing him more serious lately) 

He is definitely not on the JLA 
I
JL Relaunched notice the final members on the outside edges (left and Right) of the picture

I now it probably sounds like a bad idea but i think the best place for him to be is with the Legion of Super Heroes or in Legion Lost. I just feel like he fits there best. 

#11 Posted by Outside_85 (8012 posts) - - Show Bio

Or living in africa, could lead to him showing up in Batwing...and keep him away from Raven it doesnt work for either character...

#12 Posted by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Having him show up in Batwing would be a fantastic idea. It would do his history justice.  

Every other Teen Titan from his generation has managed to move on. I'd hate to see him back on that team. He's got more potential then when he's written to be on that team. 

While It'd be nice to see him get the recognition to be on JL, I think it'd be a little disrespectful of his character and his past to put him there. He's not a character which has "grown up" to be on the JL. Doom Patrol or some other team would be much better. (in my opinion)

#13 Posted by greencrapweasel (137 posts) - - Show Bio

just show me beast boy and raven in the whole revamp and ill be happy and while your at it toss wally west in somewhere somehow

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12401 posts) - - Show Bio

@greencrapweasel said:

just show me beast boy and raven in the whole revamp and ill be happy and while your at it toss wally west in somewhere somehow

Gar and Raven have cameos in the first issue of TT

#15 Posted by greencrapweasel (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: AWESOME! thank god i got worried there for a while i still really need to read it!

#16 Posted by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the context of that cameo in TT#1?

#17 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Having BB on a new Doom Patrol team seems like the best way to go with him. He frankly doesn't belong in the TEEN titans anymore...unless they de-aged him, I guess. I'd prefer it if a new DP series continued from where Giffen's run left off too...

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@Farwind said:

Robin was examining young Superheroes on his Supercomputer. Raven and Gar both appeared in the Super computer.
#19 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Farwind said:

Robin was examining young Superheroes on his Supercomputer. Raven and Gar both appeared in the Super computer.

Here's hoping Lobdell doesn't get his hands on either of them

(especially Raven...)

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan: I don't think he's doing too bad a job... but...
#21 Edited by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just hoping that beast boy doesn't show up in Teen Titans. All that will do is stifle his character. There's no room for him to grow there. The only spot where we could possibly see his character develope more on the titans would be a leadership position, and none of the writers would ever let him succeed in that position (as made evident by the old series). He needs to get somewhere new.

EDIT: Also, thanks ReVamp for filling me in.

#22 Posted by Outside_85 (8012 posts) - - Show Bio

Joining Ravagers after a paint job.

#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

i could have sworn i had seen random green animals in the background of TT.

He also looks like the exact same as the red guy in Ravagers.

#24 Posted by danhimself (22212 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

i could have sworn i had seen random green animals in the background of TT.

He also looks like the exact same as the red guy in Ravagers.

Ravagers writer Howard Mackie confirmed to Newsarama that the new team — revealed on the first issue's cover — will include Caitlin Fairchild, a brother and sister named Thunder and Lightning, the "monstrous" Ridge, a red Beast Boy and a new version of Terra. While Mackie wouldn't share details about the cover's featured characters, he revealed to Newsarama that Beast Boy's color change has something to do with Animal Man.

#25 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Making mope mope with Raven

#26 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Making mope mope with Raven

Good answer.

#27 Edited by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, Not sure about my opinion on him being in Ravagers. I'd been joking to myself about them changing his color to red after first hearing about 'The Red' from glancing at Animal Man (did The Red exist before the DCnU? The reboot is when I actually started reading comics). Surprised they actually did it. Wonder how they're going to have his time spent captured affect his personality. Considering how he was being written before the reboot, though, the bar is pretty low for them to mess up the character worse.

#28 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Ravagers writer Howard Mackie confirmed to Newsarama that the new team — revealed on the first issue's cover — will include Caitlin Fairchild, a brother and sister named Thunder and Lightning, the "monstrous" Ridge, a red Beast Boy and a new version of Terra. While Mackie wouldn't share details about the cover's featured characters, he revealed to Newsarama that Beast Boy's color change has something to do with Animal Man.

wow, thanks. I thought that looked to much like him not to be. I think im liking the new Terra too. I cant wait to see their ack stories. Idk why but it almost feels wrong to have Beast boy not on the TT

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@danhimself said:

wow, thanks. I thought that looked to much like him not to be. I think im liking the new Terra too. I cant wait to see their ack stories. Idk why but it almost feels wrong to have Beast boy not on the TT

LOL. I dunno, I like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.