Follow

Beast Boy

Character » Beast Boy appears in 2004 issues.

The classically green-skinned member of the Doom Patrol and later the Teen Titans, Beast Boy has the power to transform into any creature of any size.

If he was bitten by a werewolf

Warman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Warman

If Beast Boy was bitten by a werewolf what would the results be?

juniorA96758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By juniorA96758

I have no idea, but I would like to see that.

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By roadbuster

You've blown my mind.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Well, in the CARTOON (don't mock me for this, I realize FULL WELL this isn't canon) when he was turned into animals through outside sources, he was able to turn right back. 

In the comics, (specifically Beast Boys and Girls), Beast Boy claimed never to get sick after the initial virus that gave him his powers. I think that might negate the lycanthropy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

He just got bit by one of the Feral Boys in Teen Titans and nothing really happened.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Icarusflies:
    you're like a walking DC encyclopedia!  
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Well, there's alot of things that would have to be answered first.  One I don't know how werewolfism is contracted in the DC universe. The whole "if you're bitten by one you become one" thing was never part of any of the cutural myths. The oldest ways of becoming a werewolf were things like engaging in cannibalism, sleeping outside during a full moon or drinking water out of a wolfs paw (Tho I don't know how regular an occurance that last one was for people to even consider it) The biting thing was something Hollywood cooked up long after the original "Wolfman" film.

As for the Feral boys, they were simply genetically mutated and nothing was given to imply that they had an agent they could pass along to casue the same mutations in other..

However, if Gar did become a werewolf (by what ever means is required in the DCU) I imagine he would be affected the same as anyone else  in the DCU.  He would lose control and transform and while in that form he wouldn't have access to his regular powers because his werewolf mind wouldn't be aware of them.  The only difference in his case is he might turn into a green werewolf.

But in the end all of it is left open ended to fan preference until such a thing actually happens.

Daniela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Daniela

Well, I do not think Beast Boy is unable to take the form of a werewolf. 

A werewolf is a supernatural creature, but the current knowledge of genetics gives writers other possibilities for the origin of these creatures. In the film Underworld, vampires and werewolves are descendants of Alexander Corvinus, a human made immortal by a virus. Both species transmit the disease through bites. 

I do not think a virus affects Beast Boy. A curse would have effect in him, but he would counteract if the writer wishes.

Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Warlord

good topic. although this begs the question "if he was bitten by a vampire what would happen?"
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MrMiracle77

Would the werewolf just catch Green Monkey Virus?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.