Follow

Beast Boy

Character » Beast Boy appears in 2006 issues.

The classically green-skinned member of the Doom Patrol and later the Teen Titans, Beast Boy has the power to transform into any creature of any size.

I Have A Beast Boy QUESTION! :P

Adidas Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Adidas Angel

Ok I Know Beast Boy Can Turn Into Pretty Much Any Animal He Can Imagine 
    But What I'm LOST About Is Can He Also Morph His Uniform?? (In Teen Titans GO! The Cartoon Series Ep 9 S 3 "The Beast Within" When Gar Morphs Into His "WereBeast" His Uniform Rips From His Body) 
    If He Can, What Is His Uniform Made Of??

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

bump

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

In Marvel, Reed Richards created the unstable molecules to make his suit stretch and be extremely durable. I know this doesn't help with the Beast Boy question, but I imagine it's something similar.

Adidas Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Adidas Angel
    @jloneblackheart:@Portrait: 
    I'm Not Sure If Maybe He Has A Suit Like Reed
    But I'll Have To Look at A Few Old Issues Of Doom Patrol :P
    hegemonster515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By hegemonster515

I think its just not explained much like the origins of the characters super powers.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

what upsets me the most is that the newest writer on Teen Titans gave him a power upgrade without telling anyone or explaining why or how it happened

Adidas Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Adidas Angel
    @danhimself said:

" what upsets me the most is that the newest writer on Teen Titans gave him a power upgrade without telling anyone or explaining why or how it happened "

The Power To "Upgrade"
    An Upgrade like What? (Haven't Read Much Of The Newer Teen Titans)
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    @danhimself said:
    " what upsets me the most is that the newest writer on Teen Titans gave him a power upgrade without telling anyone or explaining why or how it happened "
    Well for a while I haven't read any TT, so what's the power up?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself
    @Supreme Marvel said:
    " @danhimself said:
    Well for a while I haven't read any TT, so what's the power up? "
    apparently he can turn into mythical creatures now but I'm not sure when/how this happened...in the last issue he transformed into a giant green flaming phoenix thing and a fire breathing dragon....he's only ever been able to turn into real animals before
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    @danhimself said:
    " @Supreme Marvel said:
    " @danhimself said:
    apparently he can turn into mythical creatures now but I'm not sure when/how this happened...in the last issue he transformed into a giant green flaming phoenix thing and a fire breathing dragon....he's only ever been able to turn into real animals before "
    That's weird. I was thinking does he ever change into anything like that. But this is a Comic world and I think dragons and Mythical creatures exist so technically he should be able to do it. He transformed into an alien creature once. Maybe from other worlds, Dragons are there.
    tamaranorbust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By tamaranorbust

Where his uniform goes - writers have never dealt with it properly - in the old Doom Patrol in the 60s, he told Cliff that his uniform doesn't go anywhere, his body emanates some sort of photon illusion that makes his uniform the same colour as his skin/feathers/fur - which is just dumb.  I can look up the issue number if you want it. 

Titans 17 - Wally says his super speed vision lets him see where Gar's uniform goes when he changes.  Wally: "change the subject or I'm spilling the secret."   

I think the answer is that the writers haven't figured that out yet. 

But on the DC boards we did figure out that Gar has latent telepathic powers b/c he can use the Mento helmet, and not everyone is able to.  This means that probably when he changes form, even if he is a housefly or something with no vocal cords, he appears to talk to people around them bc he is instinctively/unconsciously talking to them telepathically.  To them, it just appears that he is somehow talking normally.
    RedHood16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RedHood16

Actually it is mentioned in the comic: Titans Fractured. 
    In it Beast Boy is talking to Wally West at breakfast:

B.B.: Y'know, Wally, next time Grodd goes on a rampage you should put pants on him at super speed.
    Flash: Yeah, well, it's that same super speed that lets me see where your pants go when you shape shift, so change the subject or I'm spilling the secret.

So, what is the secret? The authors basically know they can't explain it, so they just make a joke about it, but unfortunately that probably doesn't answer your question. Still, I just bought this book today, and as soon as I looked up Beast boy, here was your question, weird huh?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

His suit is customized to morph with him. Normal clothes would not be morphed 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

my question is why cant he turn into other people as well we are technically animals

ben106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ben106
    @joshmightbe:
    BEAST boy....and the comic and show were made by cristians :)
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LT1085

it's dc...you figure it out

juniorA96758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By juniorA96758

I've also thought about that. During the transformation of Beast Boy, the suit disappears. Then reappears.

My explanation would be that the suit is made up of nanotechnology. The suit can be reduced to the size of a molecule and then reconstituted.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By G'bandit
    @juniorA96758 said:
    "   Yo tambien he meditado sobre eso. Durante las transformaciones de Beast Boy, el traje desaparece. Luego vuelve a aparecer. Mi explicación seria que el traje esta constituido por nanotecnologia. El traje puede reducirse a el tamaño de una molecula y despues se reconstituye.-------- I've also thought about that. During the transformation of Beast Boy, the suit disappears. Then reappears. My explanation would be that the suit is made up of nanotechnology. The suit can be reduced to the size of a molecule and then reconstituted. "
    Wow A Hispanic that come with subtitles, now I've seen it all :P
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By roadbuster
    @joshmightbe said:
    " my question is why cant he turn into other people as well we are technically animals "
    Huh, interesting... does this mean that when he turns into a dog he can only be one representative of all dogs... or can he be any kind of dog... because the reasoning there could apply to why he can represent other humanoids.
    juniorA96758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By juniorA96758

The answer is in this picture: 

No Caption Provided
    Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Warlord
    @Supreme Marvel said:
    @danhimself said:
    " @Supreme Marvel said:
    " @danhimself said:
    apparently he can turn into mythical creatures now but I'm not sure when/how this happened...in the last issue he transformed into a giant green flaming phoenix thing and a fire breathing dragon....he's only ever been able to turn into real animals before "
    That's weird. I was thinking does he ever change into anything like that. But this is a Comic world and I think dragons and Mythical creatures exist so technically he should be able to do it. He transformed into an alien creature once. Maybe from other worlds, Dragons are there.

i think its that he can only transform into animals he has seen or knows about.  if he doesnt know a certain alien species exists or what it looks like, he cant transform into it.
    solomon36912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.