Follow

Beast Boy

Character » Beast Boy appears in 2005 issues.

The classically green-skinned member of the Doom Patrol and later the Teen Titans, Beast Boy has the power to transform into any creature of any size.

Does he have healing?

321angel321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 321angel321

When he gets injured, does his injury immediately heal? Thanks.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There have been moments where he turns into animals with excellerated healing factors and waited for his injuries to heal before becoming human again.  The only example of this i really remember was in the Titans book.

After Jericho possesed Cyborg, he used his body to beat gar senseless.  Later Cyborg goes to check on Gar and remarks how surprised he is that Gar has almost completely healed. Gar explains that he turned into a salamander and stayed in that form until he was healed up again.

However, while in human form, I don't believe he has any special healing abilities.

juniorA96758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By juniorA96758

That's an interesting question , I already had thought of this before.      

Imagine that Beast Boy loses his right arm, then he becomes a wolf. The wolf has the right upper leg? 
    It's a possibility, at least I think his body will try to heal the wound.

Another case, imagine that Beast Boy loses both eyes, then turns into a clam, a mollusk without eyes. Beast Boy regain his eyes when he is human again? 

The affair  that I find amazing is how Beast Boy can generate billions of cells in a split second. That would allow it to heal quickly, of course, there are damages that can not heal regardless of the weather. 

Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juniorA96758:  From what has generally been done.  Beast boy's injuries stay with him in his transformation.  I have seen moments where he was a bird and taken damage on his wing, then when he returned to his human form his arm retained the damage.  Also he will often get cuts or such injuries while in various animal forms and they remain on the same parts of his body after becoming human again.  Basically, if he retains an injury in one form, the injury will exists in the anolouges parts of all his other forms.

However this does become mucked up when you consider animals that have part that don't have anolouges parts in common with other species.

Using your example of the wolf.  If he lost his arm while human, when he turned into a wolf (or any other animal with four limbs anologues with humans) his wolf form would be missing the same limb.

But, he could in theory turn into an animal capable of regenerating it's limbs (like a crab or starfish) and if he remained in that form long enough for it's biology to regenerate the lost limb, then perhaps when he turned back his human limb would return as well.

It's all really up in the air and left to fan speculation until some writer makes it official and does it well enough that people don't refuse to accept it as cannon.

By the way, clams actually do have eyes (a multitude of them in fact)
    thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By thing150

if he turned into a sponge he could heal lots of lost tissue

Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150: But if remained as a sponge for too long, he might start budding and create clones of himself lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.