Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

First off, I'm pretty new to the character, only been reading since the relaunch, but I really don't understand  why people are raving over this book. It's not bad by any means but...

I don't care about Kate, from what I've read there's nothing to her, oh except the 'raaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr I hate my dad.' I guess she's supposed to be bad ass...? But I don't see it at all. Why is she Batwoman? She's done nothing except beat on some low level thugs, and a bit of 'detective work' if you can call the date that, which I thought was a complete farce.  

• 'I know you don't know me but pretend that you do so the plot can advance ok?' 
    • Sure! So there's this ghost (I'll talk about her soon) killing kiddies and this crazy woman shadowing me because she thinks I'm Batwoman, here, have her card!

The real detective work was done by....Detective Sawyer, who seems pretty cool, much more interesting than Batwoman and probably a better candidate for the role to be perfectly honest. 

Also what was up with the white boxes highlighting her in the crowd shots just prior to the 'date'? She stands out just fine, (and not in a good way) which brings me on to the art, it is nice, but something just seems off to me, like the colours are too flat or something, can't put my finger on it yet. The panels are cool but I've seen better (Swamp Thing =D)

Don't care for the villain much either, ghost of some crazy lady who killed her kids, now back killing more kids. Compare this to Mirror in Batgirl, war hero who watched in his rear view mirror as his family die in a fire, should have died, wanted to die, now goes round killing others who should have died. A little final destination-y but much more appealing character. 

Dialogue is bleh, again not bad but not on par with...

Batgirl, which I really, really enjoyed for the second month in a row. It's fun, the great inner monologue really makes you care about her, real depth there and real problems, she's leaving home, trying to get her confidence back now she's miraculously recovered from her injury (which she doesn't feel like she deserves.) Then again, like with Batwoman I'm new to the character so I'm not coming in with my own preconceived  ideas of how Babs should be. 

'rabble rabble change rabble rabble oracle was better rabble rabble rabble.'

I'm being pretty harsh, like I said not a bad book, but I don't understand what everyone else apparently sees in it, I want to like it, I really do but there's nothing there, I don't get it so looking for some opinions, maybe that will help me understand and/ or things will pick up in issue 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.