Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Who is Batwoman?

StaticJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StaticJames

Okay guys this isn't 'Her secret identity is Katherine Kane'. She's a character thats been removed and brought back but either of those times, what caused her to become a superhero? She seems to be well off and have parents that haven't been shot in crime alley, or been shipped from the planet Krypton. 
    I don't have the funds to buy all the comics I wish and so haven't read Detective Comics, however I do know she will be coming into Cry for Justice. Does anyone know if her origins and reason to be a hero will be revealed in Cry for Justice? I really want to understand this character I'm looking forward to her being in the League but a little information would be good. 
    So put simply.. 

Why is Katherine Kane Batwoman?

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By johnny_spam

I haven't read Detective Comics starring Batwoman yet either but her origin is in an upcoming story called "Go" I think that's when I'll start reading. 

Written by Greg Rucka; Art by JH Williams III; co-feature art by Cully Hamner; Cover by JH Williams III; Variant cover by Adam Hughes

The shocking and tragic origin story of Batwoman begins here! In "Go" part 1, young Kate Kane and her family are kidnapped by terrorists, and Kate's life – and the lives of her family – will never be the same! Plus, the mystery behind the villainous Alice is at last revealed!

Then, in The Question co-feature, Renee's search for a missing girl comes to a bittersweet end, leaving Renee with more questions and an even bigger mystery for her to solve. As long as she can survive the night, that is…
    • Batman
    • 40pg.
    • Color
    • $3.99 US

On Sale October 28, 2009    

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HaloKing343

Yeah, the "go" storyarc deals with her origin story. It's actually a really good arc.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

It's pretty awesome, everyone should give this title a try. JH Williams III's artwork is among the best I have ever read, his panel arrangements alone are worth the price of admission.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#5  Edited By HaloKing343

Did you hear the news? Williams III isn't doing the next Batwoman Arc "Cutter". Nooo! They've replaced his awsome art with some crappy stuff. Oh well. Hopefully he'll return eventually.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UnsolvedParadox
    @HaloKing343 said:
    "Did you hear the news? Williams III isn't doing the next Batwoman Arc "Cutter". Nooo! They've replaced his awsome art with some crappy stuff. Oh well. Hopefully he'll return eventually. "
    I wouldn't say crappy, Jock is really good (he did the alternate cover for the last issue), and Cully Hamner has also done some very solid stuff (I'm familiar primarily with his collaborations on Warren Ellis projects). Here's Jock's cover: 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.