What do you think about my little main cast for a Batwoman movie?

Posted by spideygirl (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Christina Hendricks as Kate Kane/Batwoman

Michelle Rodriguez as Renee Montoya

Zeljko Ivanek as Jake Kane

Gary Oldman as Comisoner Gordon

#1 Posted by RazzaTazz (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Hendricks might be a bit old?

#2 Posted by davidcraig123 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always thought that Amy Adams would make a good Batwoman...

#3 Posted by Joygirl (20003 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the cast except for Kate herself. Christina isn't... right.

#4 Posted by gavinsanity254 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Christina's not right for the part... my first choice would be Rooney Mara. I also think Emily Blunt would be good.

#5 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

I like the cast except for Kate herself. Christina isn't... right.

#6 Posted by spideygirl (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@gavinsanity254: I didn't know about Rooney Mara, she would be good for Batwoman too :)

#7 Posted by rageire (2 posts) - - Show Bio

All these women seem too lithe for Kate Kane. I would probably choose someone more like Katee Sackhoff, although not neccesarily her.

#8 Posted by fables87 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideygirl: As much as I have a huge crush on Christina Hendricks I don't know. She seems too cheerful to play Batwoman, but yes use a redhead. Now the question is ill the media use Batwoman at some point.

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle is perfect.

#10 Posted by Shimmy (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's because I've been watching the first season of Homeland, but I like Claire Danes for Kate. I think she could pull off the right mix of outer strength/inner vulnerability.

#11 Posted by Joygirl (20003 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate needs an unknown, we should also not be looking for redheads. Look for vampiric skin and give her a wig/dyejob, Kate's hair is not ginger-red anyway, it is blood red which does not exist among natural haircolors.

#12 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

A Batwoman movie as a concept seems absurd, although I'd love to see her appear in a Batman movie. She's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters

#13 Edited by DTAranguiz (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Jennifer Lawrence as Batwoman

#14 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

Jennifer Lawrence as Batwoman

Isn't she a little too young, or at least seems a little too young?

#15 Posted by DTAranguiz (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: A Batwoman movie won't be seeing the light any time soon, so i believe the best way is to think about young actresses who would play the role in the next 10 years or even more.

#16 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtaranguiz: I suppose that makes sense.

I kinda doubt it would happen at all though. Unless she gets really popular with the general public somehow.

#17 Edited by ChiSoxRox (235 posts) - - Show Bio

It's much more likely we'll see her pop up in a supporting role (a cameo, more likely) in a future Batman film. Rooney Mara looks a lot like her (and is still in her 20s, although she would have to dye her hair).

#18 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

How bout Jessica Chastain? shes a fiery red head who could have me believe she's kicking ass.

#19 Posted by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jennifer Morrison would make a pretty good Batwoman. She definitely can pull of the attitude. Though whether or not she looks the part well enough is debateable.

#20 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Christina Hendricks as Kate Kane/Batwoman

Michelle Rodriguez as Renee Montoya

Zeljko Ivanek as Jake Kane

Gary Oldman as Comisoner Gordon

I like em all except Hendricks. The actress doesn't need to be a natural redhead. There has to be a better option out there for the hard-as-nails military brat lead.

#21 Posted by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachelle Lefevre as Kate?

#22 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Rachelle Lefevre as Kate?

She has the right sort of look I think. Has she been in anything that shows any transferable skills as a superhero?

#23 Posted by SupBatz (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Not specifically. She's been acting long enough to be relatively good at it. But nothing really showcasing action, at least not that I've seen. But I do think that she looks the part pretty well ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.