How Old is she supposed to be?

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Was i alone in thinking her and bruce could be similar in age???

is she like 16?
#2 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she is 23 or 26

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

And still lives with her dad?

#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized:
she's a socialite like Paris Hilton
#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

More reason to have your own place

#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't the foggiest

#7 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"I think she is 23 or 26 "

Oh no, he lives with her.
#8 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

About 29

#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this thread was started ages ago, but she's definitely at least 32.

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

I was actualy asking myself this question a few days ago. New 52 wise, I was guessing mid-20's estimating in accordance with the zero issue's sequence of events.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

What makes you say that if you don't mind my asking?

#11 Posted by Joygirl (20000 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she certainly has history. She has to be at least old enough to:

1) finish school

2) almost finish military college

3) all the special ops training by her dad

4) her stint with drinking and Renee

5) time to establish herself as a socialite

6) her DC history as Batwoman

So I'd put her at least in her late 20's.

#12 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

I was actualy asking myself this question a few days ago. New 52 wise, I was guessing mid-20's estimating in accordance with the zero issue's sequence of events.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

In Detective Comics 858, part 1 of the 'Go' storyline, which is set on and around Kate and Beths' twelfth birthday twenty years before 'Elegy', Kate and Beths' mother Gabrielle says "You're both acting like you're five, not twelve!"

I read somewhere that Batwomans' back story and timeline were unaffected by Flashpoint, which seems to be confirmed by Batwoman #0('Interlude', not 'Beyond A Shadow') having all of the same elements of back story as 'Go', and mentioning in the 'Who's Who In The New 52' section, her mother and Beth being murdered on her twelfth birthday. Plus the line from Kate in Batwoman #1 "For nearly twenty years, I thought my mom and sister Beth had been murdered."

In Batwoman #1, Kate says,"So, you finally gonna ask me out?", to which Maggie Sawyer responds, "Thought I already did. I gave you my card weeks ago..." If we assume that she gave her her card at the fundraiser in Detective Comics 856, when they first met, then 'Hydrology' takes place probably no more than about three months after 'Elegy'

The 'To Drown The World' story arc (Batwoman #6-#11) is set 'now' and in a series of flashbacks. #6 shows 'Maro's Story, One Month Ago' Maros' forced are fighting werebeasts, and shows Rush having his left hand removed and replaced with the hook. The aftermath of that fight is shown in Batwoman #2, with werebeasts and Maros soldiers lying dead all around. A detective, who I think is Bullock says, "At least no one got snatched huh?", to whichg chase replies, "Oh, really? Well this doesn't belong to any of the victims.", holding up a severed left hand in an evidence bag.

Flamebird(Bette Kane) is attacked and cut open by Rush in Batwoman #4, and in Batwoman #6, her uncle, Kates Father, Jacob Kane, is shown visiting Bettes' hospital bed, one month ago. These factors suggest that the events of Batwoman #1-11 take place over the course of about a month. There are flashbacks to Maros story four and two months before the end of 'To Drown The World', but these take place before the events of Batwoman #1. This means that 'To Drown The World ends about three or four months after 'Elegy' and 'Go'.

In Batwoman #12, she says to herself, "It's been nine months since the first kids went missing, and I'm still chasing urban legends." If we take 'Maro's Story, Four Months Ago' from Batwoman #6, to be the first kids being killed, the time between #1 and #12 is about six months. in Batwoman #13, Chase says to Bones that Batwoman and Wonder Woman have been away two days.

So, as #14 seems to be set at about the same time as #13, we can say that the first issue of 'Hydrology' took place about six months and two days ago, and as 'Elegy/Go' was no more than three months before 'Hydrology', Batwoman #14 is set no more than nine months and two days after 'Elegy/Go', where Kate is 32, as it's set roughly twenty years after her twelfth birthday. The dates aren't exact, but if it was slightly less than twenty years, she's slightly older than 32, maybe 32 and a half. If it was slightly more than twenty years ago, she might be 33 at this point.

So. Kate Kane/Batwoman is 32 or 33. :)

#13 Posted by SupBatz (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@SupBatz said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

In Detective Comics 858, part 1 of the 'Go' storyline, which is set on and around Kate and Beths' twelfth birthday twenty years before 'Elegy', Kate and Beths' mother Gabrielle says "You're both acting like you're five, not twelve!"

I read somewhere that Batwomans' back story and timeline were unaffected by Flashpoint, which seems to be confirmed by Batwoman #0('Interlude', not 'Beyond A Shadow') having all of the same elements of back story as 'Go', and mentioning in the 'Who's Who In The New 52' section, her mother and Beth being murdered on her twelfth birthday. Plus the line from Kate in Batwoman #1 "For nearly twenty years, I thought my mom and sister Beth had been murdered."

In Batwoman #1, Kate says,"So, you finally gonna ask me out?", to which Maggie Sawyer responds, "Thought I already did. I gave you my card weeks ago..." If we assume that she gave her her card at the fundraiser in Detective Comics 856, when they first met, then 'Hydrology' takes place probably no more than about three months after 'Elegy'

The 'To Drown The World' story arc (Batwoman #6-#11) is set 'now' and in a series of flashbacks. #6 shows 'Maro's Story, One Month Ago' Maros' forced are fighting werebeasts, and shows Rush having his left hand removed and replaced with the hook. The aftermath of that fight is shown in Batwoman #2, with werebeasts and Maros soldiers lying dead all around. A detective, who I think is Bullock says, "At least no one got snatched huh?", to whichg chase replies, "Oh, really? Well this doesn't belong to any of the victims.", holding up a severed left hand in an evidence bag.

Flamebird(Bette Kane) is attacked and cut open by Rush in Batwoman #4, and in Batwoman #6, her uncle, Kates Father, Jacob Kane, is shown visiting Bettes' hospital bed, one month ago. These factors suggest that the events of Batwoman #1-11 take place over the course of about a month. There are flashbacks to Maros story four and two months before the end of 'To Drown The World', but these take place before the events of Batwoman #1. This means that 'To Drown The World ends about three or four months after 'Elegy' and 'Go'.

In Batwoman #12, she says to herself, "It's been nine months since the first kids went missing, and I'm still chasing urban legends." If we take 'Maro's Story, Four Months Ago' from Batwoman #6, to be the first kids being killed, the time between #1 and #12 is about six months. in Batwoman #13, Chase says to Bones that Batwoman and Wonder Woman have been away two days.

So, as #14 seems to be set at about the same time as #13, we can say that the first issue of 'Hydrology' took place about six months and two days ago, and as 'Elegy/Go' was no more than three months before 'Hydrology', Batwoman #14 is set no more than nine months and two days after 'Elegy/Go', where Kate is 32, as it's set roughly twenty years after her twelfth birthday. The dates aren't exact, but if it was slightly less than twenty years, she's slightly older than 32, maybe 32 and a half. If it was slightly more than twenty years ago, she might be 33 at this point.

So. Kate Kane/Batwoman is 32 or 33. :)

Wow. I'm sorry I ever doubted you xD.

You've definitely done your research and I agree with your estimations.

This places Kate at about the same age as Batman (according to http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/the-official-ages-of-the-members-of-the-justice-league-founders/92-681506/#35). Maybe even a bit older. That's an interesting thought.

#14 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz:Not a problem. :)

She's one of my favourite characters, and while I don't have all of her appearances yet, I have enough to understand her pretty well. :)

That is interesting. I thought Batman would have been older. I heard that Flashpoint made some characters younger, so if Batwoman wasn't affected, that'd explain that.

#15 Posted by SupBatz (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: She's definitely a personal favorite of mine too. And her current ongoing is my favorite current series. And after reading it I knew I had to run and get Elegy asap :P.

That pretty much makes Batwoman older than everyone in the post-Flashpoint Justice League. Interesting xD

#16 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: She's definitely a personal favorite of mine too. And her current ongoing is my favorite current series. And after reading it I knew I had to run and get Elegy asap :P.

That pretty much makes Batwoman older than everyone in the post-Flashpoint Justice League. Interesting xD

Pretty much the same situation for me. I'd read #0-2 as part of the 'Batman Legends' reprint comic, and went out and got 'Elegy'. Realised I loved the character and got caught up with the American releases of the ongoing. My favourite series too. :)

#17 Posted by Joygirl (20000 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm, in 52 she states that it was ten years since she had seen Renee.

#18 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: That was the perfect summary wow!

#19 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goldenboy_Prime:Thanks. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.