Follow

Batwoman

Character » Batwoman appears in 961 issues.

After resigning from the Army under DADT for being a lesbian, Kate Kane lived a directionless party-girl heiress lifestyle until, on a dark night, a chance encounter with Batman inspired her to find a new calling in life, later adopting the mantle of Batwoman.

Batwoman Vs Batman To Continue In Batwoman Annual #1.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Hi Everyone.

I've just read an interview with new series writer Marc Andreyko that the recently interrupted conflict between Batwoman and Batman will be dealt with in a Batwoman annual next year:

When we last saw Batwoman she was in the middle of battling Batman as a way to save her family and getting ready to settle down with Maggie. Where do we find her under your pen? What are you thoughts on where you want to take Kate and Maggie?

My first act is sort of a fresh break. The story the was unfinished from #24 will be dealt with and wrapped up in the “Batwoman Annual” scheduled for spring 2014. And i want to take Kate and Maggie the places you’d take any couple: what works with them, the outside complications that life throws their way, the complexities of sharing your life with another person.

I don't know if this means they'll be printing the original ending, or if they'll write up a whole new one to fit in with the new plans, but at least there'll be some kind of ending. Though it's still pretty ridiculous that they'll have left the story hanging for months.

Scarlotte.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By animehunter

Although I'm not happy about the delay in finishing the arc, I do agree, at least there will be an ending. I just hope it'll be soon.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, getting this will be much better than nothing. Hopefully this does well enough for a second Annual down the road.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chisoxrox: I hope it's fairly faithful to the intended ending, but I imagine it could be very different. More annuals would be O.K. with me, if the new creative team is any good.

@animehunter:I hope so too. Spring is a bit vague, so hopefully it's early spring.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@v_scarlotte_rose: I am not getting twenty-five but I will await for reviews for post issue 25

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pray to god batman wins I really really like batwoman but not that much

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope DC "mans up" so to speak and lets Batwoman win.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChiSoxRox

I hope DC "mans up" so to speak and lets Batwoman win.

This. It'd be a refreshing change of pace, and there is something vaguely disturbing in the notion of "Batman should win since he's a guy so stronger." Although considering how tone deaf DC was with cancelling what would have been one of two prominent same sex marriages in comics (Northstar is the other), I'm pretty sure DC will be all "It's the g--d---- Batman!"

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

This is refreshing to hear. I'm hoping that the annual will make use of Williams' and Blackman's ending (doubtful). But even if it does not, I'm glad that we'll be getting a conclusion to the story that has been building for two years.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lifeofvibe

@chisoxrox: its not that I want batman to win its just that I'm thinking about it logicaly here batman knows over eighty forms of martial arts and batwoman at most only knows 8 batman has been shown to bench 700 pounds how strong is batwoman? Well one thing for certain not that strong...do you see were I'm going here? Logic denys the idea of batwoman winning but then I remember this is comics so anything can happen that why im hoping batman wins Im hoping logic wins

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@lifeofvibe: To be fair, we don't know the extent of Batwoman's training. Albeit, it's doubtful that hers was as extreme as Bruce's. But there is no denying that she is not fully capable of holding her own in a fight against Bruce.

Then add in a few situational factors: Kate has had time to prepare for the fight while Bruce is caught off guard, Bruce is likely still off of his game considering the recent tragedies that have befallen him, and Kate has the advantage of DEO tech and support as well as myriad time to study Bruce's techniques and strategies while preparing for the confrontation. I'd say she has a fair chance of at least stalemating Bruce in this particular fight.

But knowing DC, I doubt that the fight will have a clear winner. More likely, Bruce and Kate will band together to take on the DEO without giving a clear winner for the brawl.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

@lifeofvibe: To be fair, we don't know the extent of Batwoman's training. Albeit, it's doubtful that hers was as extreme as Bruce's. But there is no denying that she is not fully capable of holding her own in a fight against Bruce.

Then add in a few situational factors: Kate has had time to prepare for the fight while Bruce is caught off guard, Bruce is likely still off of his game considering the recent tragedies that have befallen him, and Kate has the advantage of DEO tech and support as well as myriad time to study Bruce's techniques and strategies while preparing for the confrontation. I'd say she has a fair chance of at least stalemating Bruce in this particular fight.

But knowing DC, I doubt that the fight will have a clear winner. More likely, Bruce and Kate will band together to take on the DEO without giving a clear winner for the brawl.

This seems like a sensible answer. Obviously with Batman being a much more explored character, we know more about his training, and she did have time to prepare.

But yeah, I also think there won't be a clear winner. I kind of wonder if they'll do something stupid like have Bruce reveal his identity to stop them fighting, and be all like, "We can't fight, we're cousins!". It's maybe unlikely, but if they're forcing this family stuff in, he'll probably have to reveal himself at some point.

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman lost, there could always just be some spanner thrown in the works where it's revealed that he did so deliberately as part of some bigger plan.

But I doubt things will be so simple as winning or losing. It's not a wrestling match, things will get complicated with other characters and events around the two and the fight will end unresolved.

As much as I'd like to see Bruce get crowbarred upside the head like he hilariously did in the Diana Prince Wonder Woman comic from decades back, that sort of thing just doesn't happen to him anymore. As the DC execs say, it "is inconsistent with the male fantasy of being Batman", and all that.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@celineness: Does DC ever really say anything like that? Because I swear that has always been my suspicion, that Batman is intentionally designed to fulfill all the fantasies of lonely, male teens.

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a quote from one of the people behind Batman: Arkham Origins. I don't recall if they were a DC person or one of the dev team. It was presented as the reason why the team got rid of the mechanic where Batman would sometimes miss when throwing batarangs (conceived as something to show he was new and still learning).

You just can't have Bruce ambushed and knocked out by a nameless mook then wake up handcuffed to a rail these days. Too much ontological inertia, the comic book pages burst into flames.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Johnni_Kun

@deaditegonzo said:

@celineness: Does DC ever really say anything like that? Because I swear that has always been my suspicion, that Batman is intentionally designed to fulfill all the fantasies of lonely, male teens.

Possible. But, even if that is true...... is that so bad? Superman's concept is the same thing but only with children.

I'm against her beating Batman.(unless it's a good reason.) If people that are far more skilled and talented than her(like Nightwing) can't beat him.... then I will be pretty disappointed in DC. I don't understand this mentality of, "Well Batman is popular and has more wins, so lets make him lose." That's like if Superboy beat Superman. There is a difference between themselves, and it is noticeable.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lifeofvibe

@supbatz: I guess...there's still no clear winner on who wins batman or superman? Unclear winner sounds fine by me

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: If Batman is just a man, and people like him because he is just a Human who has tried his best to be a master of everything, then they shouldnt have an issue with him having a bad day, or making a mistake. In fact, they should love it as further exploration of Batman as a human being. After all, humans make mistakes, humans lose fights they "should" win, its what it means to be human.

Its very different than Supes losing to Superboy, who is objectively inferior from a power standpoint.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun: If Batman is just a man, and people like him because he is just a Human who has tried his best to be a master of everything, then they shouldnt have an issue with him having a bad day, or making a mistake. In fact, they should love it as further exploration of Batman as a human being. After all, humans make mistakes, humans lose fights they "should" win, its what it means to be human.

Its very different than Supes losing to Superboy, who is objectively inferior from a power standpoint.

So, is Batwoman to Batman. What the difference? Batman is superior to her in almost every way. Intelligence, Strength, Skill, Experience, Weaponry.

Hey man, I'm all for Batman losing, but it should be by people that are actually better them him. (Lady Shiva in a fight, Deathstroke in almost everything.) Hell, if it's a logical reason for Batwoman winning, then that fine. I just don't think he should become the wolverine of DC. You know, someone that is held in high regards, yet always gets his ass kicked, even by people he should be able to beat.

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

So, is Batwoman to Batman. What the difference? Batman is superior to her in almost every way. Intelligence, Strength, Skill, Experience, Weaponry.

This has never stopped the Millennium Falcon :)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By animehunter

For those who are yet to read the latest issue of Batwoman (Batwoman #26) we now know that annual is due sometime in April.

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Successfully resisted buying issue 26. Now just three or four issues left to shunnnnn(ah) until I can happily buy the annual and find out how the Batman fight ends.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I'm not happy about the delay in finishing the arc, I do agree, at least there will be an ending. I just hope it'll be soon.

Well, getting this will be much better than nothing. Hopefully this does well enough for a second Annual down the road.

Indeed, I was peeved when I read this weeks edition, I thought I missed an issue or something...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.