Follow

Batwing

Character » Batwing appears in 90 issues.

Jimmy transformed into Batwing after consuming chemically tainted water and came into conflict with Spider Man. Spider Man eventually befriended Jimmy and now he is currently a member of the Initiative.

How did Batwing end up assigned to the Shadow Initiative?

MUTANT413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MUTANT413

I'm not saying I don't like him or anything, but he doesn't exactly strike me as Shadow Ops caliber...

MUTANT413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MUTANT413

bump

grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By grimm

I was thinking the same thing. I mean lots of other trainees could be there. Komodo, Sunstreak, hell even Cloud 9 is pretty badass now. She's killing everyone.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Leliel
    @MUTANT413 said:
    " I'm not saying I don't like him or anything, but he doesn't exactly strike me as Shadow Ops caliber... "
    I'm with you there, his not master in physical combat nor can he heal or use any other sort of powers
    rum1929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By rum1929

During the Dark Reign story arc, Taskmaster and the Hood decided to to bring in a bunch of D-list villains, ex-cons and other Initiative members they felt were expendable into the Shadow Initiative. This group was the first wave of Initiative members to assault a prison in the Negative Zone called 42 that was taken over by Blastaar and his army. This group acted as cannon fodder to soften up Blastaar's forces before sending in the big boys to clean up.

After that move, the Shadow Initiative was no longer considered a secret, black-ops team for special assignments.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.