dj_maximus's Batwing #5 - Like a Nightmare Coming to Life review

Batwing # 5

More with the orgin to what drives Batwing. And it’s nonetheless fantastic writing and accompanied by fantastic art work. David Zavimbe being another Batman in the Democratic Republic of Congo does stand on his own. What I like about this title is that it explores a whole new world and environment from Gotham City. Bruce Wayne being the financing of Batman Incorporated puts himself a target. Batwing and Batman team up as we come to conclusion of this story arc. I rate this book a 4.5 rating of 5.0 rating.

1=wack, 1.5=falling asleep, 2=below average, 2.5=pick it up a bit, 3= average, 3.5=dope, 4=good, 4.5=excellent, 5=classic

Other reviews for Batwing #5 - Like a Nightmare Coming to Life

Delicious Fluff 0

Oh look, Ben Oliver's back on art duties! Yay! But he's off cover duties! Boo! It just... isn't the same. Ben Oliver's art is one of the biggest things that gives this book such a unique feel from beginning to end, the drastically different and much more standard cover offsets that a bit. It just doesn't excite me very much like the other covers.But let's focus on the positives? At least his interior art is intact. A bizarrely gorgeous blend of simple pencil work and super detailed coloring. And...

Still Loving the Art 0

I'm glad to see that this arc seems to be ending next issue. I really love this series but Massacre kinda needs to go. This issue was good to see some more of what makes David tick and finding out he doesn't know Batman's identity was interesting as well, but in terms of overall story, it all feels tired. The characters are very interesting to me though. Even Kia, who I thought was dead until this issue. Matu is feeling more and more like Alfred and, although I like that, I think he needs to be ...