Follow

Battle for the Cowl

Story arc »

Battle for the Cowl is the story arc that continues the event of Batman RIP. Chaos is overrunning Gotham City and Batman is nowhere to be seen. Who will take up the mantle?

Battle For The Cowl: The Underground, Good Or Keep Buried?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Are you enjoying all these "Battle For The Cowl" one-shots?  Do we really need so many?  Where do you think the 'gang' war between Penguin and Two-Face is going?
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Most of the one shots really don't work. And see "Gotham Underground" for how the gang war is going to go.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Now, I'm at work, so I can't listen to your fabulous videos... However, I'll assume your bashing it.

For me, these books are great because we get to see how the rest of Gotham is doing during the arc. At least thy're just one-shots and not long storylines.

elessar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By elessar

I really like these one shots and I have to agree with "inferiorego"
    we really get to see how things are going in Gotham now that our old friend isn't around. .

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
    inferiorego said:
    "Now, I'm at work, so I can't listen to your fabulous videos... However, I'll assume your bashing it.For me, these books are great because we get to see how the rest of Gotham is doing during the arc. At least thy're just one-shots and not long storylines. "
    Why assume I'm "bashing" it?  You can "see" my rating in the video even without sound.  I kinda liked it.  Maybe more because I'm a Chris Yost fan.  I liked that it was dealing with the "bad guys" and not just another book on the "heroes" being sad about Batman being gone.  Although I guess Catwoman does a little of that.
    Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Psychotime

I saw that cover months ago.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    G-Man said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "Now, I'm at work, so I can't listen to your fabulous videos... However, I'll assume your bashing it.For me, these books are great because we get to see how the rest of Gotham is doing during the arc. At least thy're just one-shots and not long storylines. "
    Why assume I'm "bashing" it?  You can "see" my rating in the video even without sound.  I kinda liked it.  Maybe more because I'm a Chris Yost fan.  I liked that it was dealing with the "bad guys" and not just another book on the "heroes" being sad about Batman being gone.  Although I guess Catwoman does a little of that."
    I always fear for the worst, that's why. And I guess I'm not funny today...
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By iLLituracy

I don't like them, all of the one-shots seems a little much.

Samuraikenpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Samuraikenpo

they gotta try and sell a couple of more books especially with dark reign so its understandable plus they arent all connected they are just happening at the same time

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Decept-O

I DO love that cover, if nothing else.  Simple can be effective.  However, it does look like the interior artist simply traced from reference pics from the movie.  Sad.  Where's the style, effort, or imagination involved?  Similar to Greg Land.  An artist should use his or her imagination, IMO,  but what do I know?   The story sounds good, but I'd have to pass. 

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mattydeNero

The key is that "seeds are being planted."  I liked it okay, thought the art was a little unoriginal, as opposed to the awesome cover.  Can't wait to see what happens with Two-Face and Penguin.  As well as "Gotham City Sirens".

Nibiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nibiru

I thought it was okay.

Thespirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Thespirit

i was rly looking forward to this, two face is my favorite villain of all time, but i rllly dont like the aaron eckhart version.

wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By wordchallenge

I liked it.  Gives a look at Gotham that they can't fit into the main BTFC line.

Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

Probably my favorite one shot so far, I like how the villains are reacting, plus it kinda sets up Gotham City Sirens I guess, and I was wondering what Nigma was up to with this hole fiasco going on, as he knows Batman's Identity and all.

wordchallenge is right, Battle for the cowl could easily have been a six part maxi-series but I think having it 3 issues with tie ins of whats going on with everyone else was the right way to do this.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Media_Master

One-Shots look great.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Meh on this one for me. 

Fastback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fastback

I liked this book and am a fan of your reviews g-man. The only thing I don't understand is what happened to the 100? I thought I was keeping up with everything in gotham but it's like whale and stitches disappeared, I saw them in an issue of Batman and the Outsiders but that's it. Though I can't say I mind them being gone, wasn't a fan of all those weird animal people they had running around gotham. Anyway, I think the tie-ins are good, especially since without them I'd be getting one bat title a month (okay, that's not true, there's still outsiders and confidential but I NEEDZ BATMAN).

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Paragon
    Dr. Maxwell said:
    "I was wondering what Nigma was up to with this hole fiasco going on, as he knows Batman's Identity and all.
    I thought he forgot that, after a serious blow to the head... Did he remember?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.