Would You Drive The Batmobile?

Posted by G-Man (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's where we separate the Bat-fans from the hardcore über-fans.  Sculpter Bob Causey has proven himself to be quite the fan of Batman.  Not content with just collecting comic books or action figures, this shows a serious dedication to Batman.  The version of the Batmobile he made is modeled after the "Batman Forever" version.  It is drivable, has a remote operated retractable hard top and three LCD displays inside.

You can see a (really) short video over at Tech Blog along with a couple more pics.  No word on how long it took to make or how much was spent.  I wonder what the insurance on it would be.  The engine looks pretty sweet.  I'd like to know how fast it can go as well.

Would you want to drive one on the streets?  Parking could be a problem.  You'd also have to watch the clearance with that fin on the back.  How much would you pay to rent a Batmobile?  How much to own one?
#1 Posted by DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson (979 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Sick....

#2 Posted by inferiorego (28256 posts) - - Show Bio

I just bought a new car, so I couldn't afford a batmobile; HOWEVER, I may just sell my car for this

Staff
#3 Posted by LastSon1027 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

That's insane, this guy has just guaranteed that he will win best in show in every car show within 50 miles of his home.

#4 Posted by Lord's Angel (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

A dude in Dallas (Ross Martin) has three of the OG Batmobiles.
Anyways. No this is the worst looking of all of them.

#5 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Self Made? are you insane Hawk? make them yourself and then see you posting that

#6 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to find that batmobile and carjack it.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Hell Yeah I would Drive It  !  And I would Trick It Out Even More than it Already is  !  I would have the Batmobile sitting on 30 inch Spinning Rims...

lol
#8 Posted by Samuraikenpo (142 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it actually looks better then the on in the movie and i seriously just take of that big bat wing at the end you can be drag racing with it on

#9 Edited by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the Batman Forever Batmobile? Why not the one from Batman & Batman returns.

But with that being said, its still pretty cool, but not the batmobile I'd prefer. Would I drive it? yeah probably

The wheels look pretty bland though

#10 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Hell Yeah I would Drive It  !  And I would Trick It Out Even More than it Already is  !  I would have the Batmobile sitting on 30 inch Spinning Rims...

lol
"
Shakes his head.......This is just to easy
#11 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

In my dreams I'd drive it!

#12 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"King Saturn said:
"Hell Yeah I would Drive It  !  And I would Trick It Out Even More than it Already is  !  I would have the Batmobile sitting on 30 inch Spinning Rims...

lol
"
Shakes his head.......This is just to easy"
What ? How you gonna hate on the Batmobile sitting on Super Dubs  !

lol
#13 Posted by G-Man (18855 posts) - - Show Bio
Lord's Angel said:
"A dude in Dallas (Ross Martin) has three of the OG Batmobiles. Anyways. No this is the worst looking of all of them. "
I don't think this is completely finished yet.  Looks like it could be polished a bit.
#14 Posted by wordchallenge (139 posts) - - Show Bio

He should've made a dfferent one..

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't there one at 6 flaggs?

#16 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

the one in the new batman movies is cooler

#17 Posted by starman1994 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way that thing would be street legal.

#18 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. This design has BAAAAAADDDDD memories attached to it. I'd go with a Tim Burton style car.

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"the one in the new batman movies is cooler"
the tumbler?
#20 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"SUNMAN said:
"the one in the new batman movies is cooler"
the tumbler?"
yea, its like a tank. 

But I give the dude props for making the car
#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

gross to that.

#22 Posted by Will44 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this the one that looks like a penis?  I'll pass.

#23 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'd make one that is slightly more practical than a big glowing blue weird plastic thing. Also I'd only build it if I was Batman.

#24 Edited by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

id love a batmobile based thats based on a black bugatti !!!!!

put id give that beast a spin anyday

#25 Posted by Decept-O (7291 posts) - - Show Bio

HIs skills are impressive, yet this is NOT the model I would have chosen to build.  Still, have to admire his efforts.  I would have gone Old Skool--that's right, I spelled it incorrectly, homie--and based it off most any other design EXCEPT for the one with the Bat-Head on the hood.  Hate that one.

#26 Posted by AirDave817 (839 posts) - - Show Bio

Is The Pope German? Of course I would. It's on my bucket list

#27 Posted by Senno (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Burton or Christopher Nolan films design was better. I have a soft spot for the 60's TV version as well.

#28 Posted by badgame (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would not drive the batmobile?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.