Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Zero Year Discussion Thread (Spoilers allowed)

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

So I didn't see any thread like this yet, so I figured I'd create one. Zero Year is an 11-issue story so I imagine there's going to be a lot to talk about it as everything slowly unfolds. Snyder likes to do the whole cloak and dagger routine before he does the big reveal so I'm sure there will be more questions before we get any answers.

Before we get started, understand that spoilers are welcome here. If you haven't read the latest issue of Batman yet, you might want to avert your eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I'll start with a few questions... Anyone is free to answer or add their own questions.

1. Who do you guys think the best candidates are for the Red Hood leader? I know everyone has probably thought Joker, but I can't help but think that would be too obvious. Then again, maybe the obvious choice is the best choice. Or maybe he could be the Uncle? Harvey Dent? Edward Nygma?

2. Secondly, what do you suppose the R on Bruce's hat stands for? It's clearly a Robin insignia, but how do you suppose it will be connected? Do you think Snyder is going to introduce Dick before the arc is over?

3. Lastly in issue #22, what did you make of the standoff between Bruce and Alfred? Did you love it? Hate it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I liked the standoff between Alfred and Bruce, that doesn't happen too often and it made bruce seem like a jerk who thought he knew everything. It also showed that Alfred isn't going to take anything from him. It was nice to see some time devoted to their new relationship since Bruce has returned. But I do think that the arc is starting off slowly for my taste. Snyder introduced dick Tim and Jason just a little in batman 0, so yes I think he will shed some light on dick a little more. No idea who red hood can be, but my best guess would be his uncle or some unintroduced character yet.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capullo said the R on the hat is for the Gothem Ravens sports team. I am really loving this arch so far the stand off between bruce and alfred was great and Bruce is doing real undercover detective work. Also i dont think the leader is the Joker but i do think that the Joker will be used as a patcey for the boss to keep true to the origin of Joker. I cant wait for issue #23 next month. Another great thing is not many complaints online over the Arch.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

So far the story arc has been mediocre.Nothing much or cool for me.Snyder just keeps ripping off older Batman stories but he adds something from himself also.The fight between Alfred and Bruce was one of the most annoying things in the last issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I admit I prefer bruce and Alfred liking each other an not fighting but them fighting isn't shown very much and it was nice to see a point in Bruce's like where he doesn't know everything and makes mistakes, which is why Alfred is here to correct him

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MuyJingo
    • The Bruce/Alfred fight was weird.
    • Still not a fan of the red hood gang
    • Didn't like how Riddler was portrayed but will see where it leads.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What'd u find weird about it

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Snyder just keeps ripping off older Batman stories but he adds something from himself also.

What writer hasn't done this?

@muyjingo said:

Didn't like how Riddler was portrayed but will see where it leads.

I pretty much love what we've seen from Nygma so far. I can understand your feelings on the other two points.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reignmaker: Well currently every writer does that but he just keeps ripping off older Batman stories.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker: Well currently every writer does that but he just keeps ripping off older Batman stories.

So you blame him for doing something every writer is doing anyway?

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

So you blame him for something every writer is doing anyway?

how does he copy every Batman story, what in Zero Year is a rip off of another writer, DC asked him to write a origin that fits the Timeline which year one has not fit the timeline for years like Catwoman or James JR, so even before the new 52 the origin didnt add up anymore. I like the arc i think it has huge potential to be something great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Year one didnt fit the new 52 timeline because it was written 25 years before it existed. It's dc's fault it doesn't fit, but anyway I liked this issue

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loving it. Loving the read hood gang, as for the leader I'm going with the obvious here, Joker. I hope I'm wrong though.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

So you blame him for doing something every writer is doing anyway?

I am blaming him because before the realease of his new arc he says almost the same words every damn time ''This is something that has never happened before to the character.SOmething you haven't seen yet.''.And that alone irritates me.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

@jayc1324 said:

Year one didnt fit the new 52 timeline because it was written 25 years before it existed. It's dc's fault it doesn't fit, but anyway I liked this issue

So far there is a hiccup in Year One's timeline and I predict there will be more by the end...

Though we are getting closer to a concrete age for Bruce. Part 1 had the back up with Bruce at age 19 and Part 2 had a back up with Bruce at age 21. Bruce was gone 4 years and this takes place 6 years ago so that means he is 27 or 28 at present.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.