Your Batman

#1 Posted by thelastlife0726 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

If you (yes I said YOU! Right there. Stop picking your nose, that's disgusting) were to re-create Batman, what would you change? What would his costume look like? What new abilities would he have? Would he still be Bruce Wayne, or would someone else take up the cowl? Please describe in detail.

#2 Posted by Onemoreposter (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

He would cook crystal all day long and defeat his enemies with ricin!

#3 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

The way Batman is portrayed in the New 52 Batman is almost perfect, in my opinion. I'm rather new to comics, but I really like Scott Snyder's interpretation. I can't think of anything to change: he had the gruffness, intellect, and characteristic indomitability that I envision in Batman. If anything, I would make Bruce a little harder on Damian. Batman shouldn't tolerate Damian insulting the other Robins.

I really like the New 52 design in "Batman," but in the Detective Comics Batman is always drawn too rigidly (IMHO). Maybe switch the utility belt back to pouches, but otherwise I would have Greg Capullo draw everything. Just keep the black batman symbol, without the oval.

I don't think I would give Batman new abilities. He already has all the best ones: will and intelligence.

Oh yeah, and I would have Bruce Wayne as Batman for the rest of eternity. He must never age!

#4 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

The way Batman is portrayed in the New 52 Batman is almost perfect, in my opinion. I'm rather new to comics, but I really like Scott Snyder's interpretation. I can't think of anything to change: he had the gruffness, intellect, and characteristic indomitability that I envision in Batman. If anything, I would make Bruce a little harder on Damian. Batman shouldn't tolerate Damian insulting the other Robins.

I really like the New 52 design in "Batman," but in the Detective Comics Batman is always drawn too rigidly (IMHO). Maybe switch the utility belt back to pouches, but otherwise I would have Greg Capullo draw everything. Just keep the black batman symbol, without the oval.

I don't think I would give Batman new abilities. He already has all the best ones: will and intelligence.

Oh yeah, and I would have Bruce Wayne as Batman for the rest of eternity. He must never age!

Totally agree!

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Give him Michael Keaton's costume.

#6 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

make him have weird shadow bat powers and change his origin story around a bit. but keep him with the same personality and ethics

#7 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

the one with the nipples?

#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless said:

@CrimsonCake said:

the one with the nipples?

That was George Clooney .

#9 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

Agreed. I'd have to say a mix between Snyder Batman and TAS Batman is perfect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.