Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Young Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle Officially Cast in 'Gotham'

• 58 results
    PabloGdeAnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It'll probably be a cool show, but I've never been on board with a "Gordon is in Gotham when Bruce was little (& interacted with him....especially being there when his parents died)" origin. I prefer Batman: Year One (this was canon until mid n52, right?) where Gordon came to Gotham when Bruce was returning from his training - so they're much closer in age. The 'new' story is so overdone ("you were that little kid many years ago!").

This.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they can both do a good job, never seen any of them act before

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jaken7 said:

Dad's a doctor, family is super rich, Bruce was isolated as a kid...it fits.

"Alfred! Can you adjust the air conditioning unit in the Batcave? The air's not circulating properly and my sinuses are acting up. It's bad enough this suit exacerbates my eczema. "

"Damian, you're going to be a good little bubbeleh and wear your yamaka. Don't think you're getting out of a bar mitzhvah little boychick!"

"Harvey, can you be more careful with your money? Always flippin' that coin without a care in the world! What if you drop it!?"

*slow clap*. Sir, that was great. I even had to email it to a friend. I pictured Mort from Family Guy on that last one.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By JakeN7

@lightsout: Haha! Thanks. I'd be lying if I said that character wasnt a pretty big inspiration for everything I just wrote. But then again, it is just a personification of Jewish stereotypes. I had to think back to the times where my estranged Jewish half-brother's heritage became a topic of discussion to remember those silly Yiddish words.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By viin

I wonder if we will see Leslie Thompkins or even a young Harvey Dent.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Just from that one picture, that girl looks exactly like you would expect a young Selina to look like. Weird.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Jenkale

glad to see people are loving my girl cam cam. she is a SICK dancer, spunky and cute as a whip. as a catwoman fan i am definitely going to watch this show now, hope they are around from episode one

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By batshrine

So isn't Bruce by the end of the show supposed to don the cape and cowl...how are they going to do that? Just have this show go on for 8 years till the kid is 18? lol

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good job on kyle

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really like Selina's casting. Hopefully the shows writers will give her a better treatment than what the hack job the Bat Office did with her nu52 incarnation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.