Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

You are the editor of Batman for the next year...

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Joelislegend

BANG! Mike Marts retires and you are hired as Batman editor on probation for the next year. You can hire, fire and change anything you want about the Batverse post-New 52.

What do you do?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Ask him why the hell he hired a random stranger like me to be the editor of one of the most important characters in the DC Universe. Then give the job to someone else whose better suited to it.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

Stop having so many crossover events, make Barbara Gordon Oracle again, create an Outsiders book, retcon Tim's origin back to what it was, reintroduce Cass Cain and Stephanie Brown, reattach Joker's face.

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Joelislegend

Alright posted that right before my students walked in so I'm going to now have a go at it.

1. Create an elseworld Batman title where Bruce Wayne is dead and Dick Grayson is Batman with Damian.

2. Create a Batman 666 book where Damian is the main character.

3. Make Detective Comics a solo Red Robin book.

4. Get rid of The Dark Knight books.

and 5.

@The_Tree said:

Stop having so many crossover events, make Barbara Gordon Oracle again, create an Outsiders book, retcon Tim's origin back to what it was, reintroduce Cass Cain and Stephanie Brown, reattach Joker's face.

6. Fire Geoff Johns.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TDK_1997

I'll stop all of those big stories and crossovers,make an Outsiders book,get Scot Lobdell out of the Teen Titans and reverse everything that happened with Tim Drake and put on the shelves an elseworld book with Damian as Batman and Morrison writing it.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Ninjablade09

Get rid of Damien and make Tim Robin again

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SupBatz

@The_Tree said:

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By havoc1201

force lodbell to return Tim to his real character and make the Red Hood a bad guy again

Thatonekid131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thatonekid131

Drug Scott Snyder, chain him up in my basement, have him single handedly write, illustrate, and color every Batman title indefinitely.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By roboadmiral

1. Tell Grant Morrison to wrap up Batman Inc, because I'm going to be gutting it any second.

2. Someone mentioned taking it easy on all this crossover stuff. I like that idea.

3. Tell every single Batman writer that if I ever have to read Batman saying any variation of the line "then we'll be no better than them" from any of them, that writer will be fired on the spot.

4. We don't need Batman, Batman and Robin, Detective Comics, and Batman: Dark Knight, at least not all in the same continuity. Batman and Batman and Robin stay in continuity, Detective Comics becomes throwback silver age style stories for guys like Grant Morrison to write, and Batman: Dark Knight becomes just Dark Knight. Dark Knight will be what a Vertigo Batman book would be; it would be out of continuity and writers can take risks and experiment. It'd be a bit like Punisher MAX or Fury MAX over at Marvel.

5. Once Damian inevitably goes independent as all Robins do, we're going to give the Robin mantle a rest for a while.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By wessaari

1. Make Detective Comics focus on Tim as Red Robin or begin to reintroduce either Cass Cain or Steph Brown to be reintegrated into the Bat-verse.

2. Of course, cool it on the crossovers.

3. Cancel Batman: The Dark Knight and create an Outsiders book that has Dick as the leader and has either or both Stpeh and Cass in it

4. Change the timeline to 8-10 years to better establish the Robin's timeline

5. Give Snyder a hug

6. If Bat Inc is wrapping up, then I would cancel Batwing, and give David the primary focus of Batman Inc, and actually make it what the title implies

ScarletHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ScarletHood

here is what I would do

1. make Cass Cain Batgirl again or a whole new identity in general and no I don't mean Black Bat

2. bring back Jean Paul Valley as Azrael

3. get rid of Damien and let the Robin mantle rest for a while

4. give Jason a girlfriend

5.retcon Tim for sure

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

most of the things stated in this thread as well as this

Jason- repurpose Batman: The Dark Knight as Red Hood: Hand Of Vengeance. a Punisher-esque book with Jason doing what he does best while at the same time advancing as a character. I'd have him attempt to build a relationship with Isabel Lucas only to eventually realize that he's a homosexual. she would still remain as a close friend and confidant.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FatihBATMAN

I would continue as is it now... Its going great.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#15  Edited By TheCannon

Kill Damian Wayne

He is a horrible character with no reason to exist. Kill him off and either make Tim Robin again (keep the costume though. I like the New 52 costume). Or give the mantle a rest.

Cancel Some Bat-Books

Currently, we have 14 Batman-related titles. Am I the only one who thinks this is too much? Other popular guys (Green Lantern, Superman) only have 4. Guys like Aquaman or Wonder Woman only have one. Why does Batman need this many? I'm not saying lower his titles to 4, but 14 is a bit much. Some are fine to stay, because they feature a different main character (Nightwing, Batwoman, Catwoman, etc.), but I'd have to cancel the following titles:

• Batman and Robin (unless I can make it where Robin ONLY appears in this)
    • Batman: The Dark Knight
    • Batwing
    • Batman Incorporated
    • Talon
    • Katanna

I know there's more I'd want to get rid of, but that's all I can think of right now.

Reintroduce Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain

Stephanie Brown I would give her own title "The Spoiler." It wouldn't have many characters normally seen in other Bat-titles, making it unique and different. It does have some Bat-foes, but more B/C levels villains for Steph to face.

With Babs Batgirl again, I'm not sure what name Cass could use. But she would be in the Birds of Prey series.

Give Terry McGinnis An Ongoing

Simple. Give Terry McGinnis an ongoing "Batman Beyond." It could be the greatest title in DC. Terry is an amazing character with a good story.

Turn Bane into the Bane we saw in The Dark Knight Rises

Tom Hardy Bane is probably the greatest villain in cinematic history. Put this Bane into the comics! He was amazing. Sure, without the voice, it'd be hard. But come on! This is what Bane should be!

All I can think of right now.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By sinestro_GL

@TheCannon said:

Kill Damian Wayne

He is a horrible character with no reason to exist. Kill him off and either make Tim Robin again (keep the costume though. I like the New 52 costume). Or give the mantle a rest.

Cancel Some Bat-Books

Currently, we have 14 Batman-related titles. Am I the only one who thinks this is too much? Other popular guys (Green Lantern, Superman) only have 4. Guys like Aquaman or Wonder Woman only have one. Why does Batman need this many? I'm not saying lower his titles to 4, but 14 is a bit much. Some are fine to stay, because they feature a different main character (Nightwing, Batwoman, Catwoman, etc.), but I'd have to cancel the following titles:

• Batman and Robin (unless I can make it where Robin ONLY appears in this)
    • Batman: The Dark Knight
    • Batwing
    • Batman Incorporated
    • Talon
    • Katanna

I know there's more I'd want to get rid of, but that's all I can think of right now.

Reintroduce Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain

Stephanie Brown I would give her own title "The Spoiler." It wouldn't have many characters normally seen in other Bat-titles, making it unique and different. It does have some Bat-foes, but more B/C levels villains for Steph to face.

With Babs Batgirl again, I'm not sure what name Cass could use. But she would be in the Birds of Prey series.

Give Terry McGinnis An Ongoing

Simple. Give Terry McGinnis an ongoing "Batman Beyond." It could be the greatest title in DC. Terry is an amazing character with a good story.

Turn Bane into the Bane we saw in The Dark Knight Rises

Tom Hardy Bane is probably the greatest villain in cinematic history. Put this Bane into the comics! He was amazing. Sure, without the voice, it'd be hard. But come on! This is what Bane should be!

All I can think of right now.

Wow. Can't believe your opinion differs so dramatically to mine.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Everything is okay except retcon Tim and introduce Teen Titans, Young Justice and Outsiders with Grayson and Tim back to original status as creators of both teams also after that i'd ask why they hire me.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#18  Edited By TheCannon

@sinestro_GL: What are your opinions?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MuyJingo

I would get Snyder of Batman. Not a fan of him downplaying the abilities and making him more of a physical brute.

Get someone in who understand he is the worlds greatest detective and write him that way.

Cancel Talon and have a short arc where the court of owls is closed forever. I'd remove it from continuity ideally.

Find some way to fix the mess DC created, and make Batman about 30, and has been Batman for a lot longer than 5 years.

Make it so he actually adopted Dick and they have a close relationship.

Make it so Tim Drake found him, not the other way around.

Make Batgirl Oracle again.

Batman Inc never happened.

@TheCannon said:

Tom Hardy Bane is probably the greatest villain in cinematic history.

Bane from TDKR is one of the most idiotic villains in cinematic history. Not only is he a love smitten pawn for Talia, the revenge plot makes absolutely no sense. Worst revenge plot in history.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By batshrine

I would

Keep :

Batman, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Batwing as is.

Bring back:

Stephanie as Spoiler, Cassandra as Black Bat, Renee Montoya as the Question, Jack Ryder as the Creeper, and Michael Lane as Azrael.

Focus on more members of Batman Inc. like Mr. Unknown, Black Bat, the Outsiders, and Nightrunner.

And yes I'm a sucker for Brave and the Bold, seeing Batman work with different characters in DC is really interesting for me.

Bring Huntress back into Birds of Prey. She has been on Earth 1 for 5 years now, I would assume she has some sort of relationship with the gotham characters by now...

Change:

Get new writers for Catwoman, and Worlds' Finest they suck and are ruining favorite characters.

Make Detective Comics more about Batman being a detective...

Turn Dark Knight into the more graphic/horror form of Batman.

Incorporate Batwoman, and Talon more in the Batman Family (a tiny bit, not too much more, I like them being distant but at the moment they aren't Batman characters at all...)

Take out anything about Bruce Wayne funding Batman Inc.

Make Tim Drake the smart one again

Add one or two more outlaws to Red Hood and the Outlaws from the old Teen Titan days maybe like Beast Boy, Terra, or Raven...

Create:

Create a Robins book featuring differing stories of all the Robins in their previous or current tenures as Robin. THis gets us more exposer on all the Robins, shows us more of the past, and can be really cool stories.

And I know I would have no control over this but...

Create a Batman TV Show about Bruce Wayne travelling across the world training in all the different things he has trained in from all the different Martial Art Froms, Detectiving, Escape Artistry, Sciences, etc.

If not then make a comic book out of this.

Oh and last but not least

Collect:

Collect old Batman stories in to Trade Paperbacks (that have never been collected before)

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By judasnixon

He He He He He.... I would do such a crap job. I would make Rob Liefeld look like Scott Snyder. I would make Dan Slott write me death threats. They shall call me the Editor who shall not be named......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.