Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Would you want DK trilogy deleted scenes/directors cut?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

At first I was perfectly fine taking the movies for what they were until I found this gif. Then I said oh sh*t is that Batman doing ninja athletics. Then I saw this.

These are scenes that would of added so much to the movies (maybe). I think it'll be cool to see what Nolan cut out of the movie. Most of them were probably just for the sake of time anyway. I mean the first two movies were perfect (Rises sucked but opinions are like but holes anyway) I'm sure some extra scenes wouldn't have affected the movie in a major negative way. Anyway would you want to see Dark Knight Trilogy deleted scenes or even an extended cut?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well crap after seeing stuff like that of course I would. Makes Nolan Batman much better and would give him way more credibility. Maybe stop all the lowballing too.

Would've made Bane a lot cooler too.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Well crap after seeing stuff like that of course I would. Makes Nolan Batman much better and would give him way more credibility. Maybe stop all the lowballing too.

Amen to that. Amen to that.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis

I would kill for that,I've heard that Rises has tons of deleted material,would love to see more of Bane and Talia's backstory but Nolan doesn't like showing deleted scenes.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lindy Hemming said this.

The thing that you should have seen during that sequence is [Bane] being injured in his youth. So one of the fundamental things about his costume is that he has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn't got the bulletproof vest on, he still has to wear the waist belt and thebraces. In that scene in the prison, where he's learning to fight the same way Batman learned to fight, he's wearing an early version of his waist belt. It's showing support, but it's not the finished one he eventually wears. He's also wearing an early version of his gas mask, all glued together ... If you look at the film, unless they've cut it—and I'm sure they haven't—there's a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he's fighting and being taunted by people. He's got chains on him, and he's standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he's wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask.

Eventually, the GQ writer informed Hemming that no such scene exists in the currently released movie, and she replied, "Well that's an awful shame, but I suppose you have to cut things. I won't elaborate on it too much, because it isn't in the film, but there was another section that showed you why he had the mask and where it came from."

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I would kill for that,I've heard that Rises has tons of deleted material,would love to see more of Bane and Talia's backstory but Nolan doesn't like showing deleted scenes.

Has it ever been mentioned why he doesn't like showing deleted scenes? I actually wouldn't mind seeing some scenes if they're actually interesting.

The problem I have with deleted scenes is how people see things like the gif with Batman jumping over a few police cars, which they hype it up to be Batman doing something epic, but when they finally release the scene, what we saw in the gif is literally all there is...and we, the fans, are left disappointed. Whether that is the case here or not, I cannot say, but if there scenes showing Batman doing some cool ninja moves or more backstory on Bane, I'd love to see it.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Would love too. Maybe a director's cut of Man of Steel as well.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Has it ever been mentioned why he doesn't like showing deleted scenes? I actually wouldn't mind seeing some scenes if they're actually interesting.

The problem I have with deleted scenes is how people see things like the gif with Batman jumping over a few police cars, which they hype it up to be Batman doing something epic, but when they finally release the scene, what we saw in the gif is literally all there is...and we, the fans, are left disappointed. Whether that is the case here or not, I cannot say, but if there scenes showing Batman doing some cool ninja moves or more backstory on Bane, I'd love to see it.

Pride apparently,from what I know.He doesn't want to be hear that the movie he made could've been better with the inclusion of deleted scenes,he believes that the final product is his final vision,no ifs or buts.

There's definitely a considerable chunk of Bane footage that we never got see,as testified by Lindy Hemming.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: But in this case it sounds like to scenes actually would've made the movie better. I find that to be a crappy reason too. People are going to criticize movies with deleted scenes or not.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All those would be awesome except the last one mentioned for batman begins. No need for that. We would've known that Bruce went to college and was actually smart, it would've closed the plot hole of joker escaping Wayne's penthouse... Man those scenes wouldv'e made it so much better!

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that most of them would have been a nice but not necessary addition to the films. The one that was truly needed was Bane´s origin.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually wouldn't mind if an alternate ending was given that shows Alfred at the cafe, seeing him notice someone and then end with him just smiling. It leaves the possibility of Bruce somehow surviving up in the air for fans, leaving the audience to decide for themselves whether or not Batman truly died at the end or not.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Ya I suppose but the ending we have already confused some fans lol

@jayc1324: Sorry I just saw your post. I agree that these scenes would of made the movies better but I kinda thought they'd be more action scenes.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: True, and personally the ending still doesn't sit well with me personally either. I simply can't imagine any version of Bruce Wayne hiding out in another country, living it up with Catwoman, while knowing full well that people are being mugged and killed back in Gotham. That just isn't who Batman is, alternate universe or not.

But if they had Bruce die at the end, I would have liked the movie much more. The whole idea was that Bruce became a legend as The Batman. Proving that even if he was killed, the legend that he created would live on in someone else. If Nolan would have had Bruce die at the end, it would have been a fitting end to the overall story begun in Batman Begins. But because he allowed Bruce to escape death, it makes it appear as if Bruce has gotten over his parent's death and feels he's done enough for Gotham...which just isn't the Bruce Wayne I've come to know and respect over the years.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@war_killer: Completely agree. Nolan had some strange misconception that Batman was looking for a way out. That he didn't want to be Batman forever. Even though I love the Dark Knight that was a major problem I had with the film. To me it seemed like Batman just said "well I stopped the nuke I'm dead everyone hehe now's my chance" That's just plain ridiculous and you're right that's not the Batman everyone has come to know and respect. This is why I didn't like Rises.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@ultrastarkiller: Exactly. Like I was okay with Bruce feeling like Gotham didn't need Batman anymore in The Dark Knight, but that was before he realized what kind of threat the Joker was. Bruce came off there as a young, less experienced Batman who felt things were getting better, when in reality things were only getting worse. It was to show him that Gotham needed Batman more than ever, and this the need of his city outweighed his personal want for a happy life. It was something that I felt made sense, because we're still dealing with a young Batman who's just starting out.

In TDKR, Bruce has quit and just hides away for eight years. It's not until Bane appears and Bruce realizes that Gotham needs Batman once again. But throughout the movie we get Alfred whining and complaining, literally telling Bruce to give up...which is the exact opposite of what he was telling Bruce in The Dark Knight. Nolan even has Alfred bring up Rachel's letter to Bruce from TDK, ruining a great character defining moment for Bruce as it was Bruce's belief that Rachel was going to wait for him, thus causing him to fight even harder as Batman, not just in honor of his parent's, but now in honor of Rachel's death as well. Yet Alfred then uses that same letter as a means to sway Bruce from becoming Batman again.

Rises really just butchered everything Nolan did in TDK. One of the defining scenes in TDK was when Joker explains that he and Batman are "destined" to fight each other forever, yet in the very next movie Batman quits. It completely kills what Joker said, as neither of them every even fight again and Bruce ends up quitting...TWICE. -__-

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@ultrastarkiller: Exactly. Like I was okay with Bruce feeling like Gotham didn't need Batman anymore in The Dark Knight, but that was before he realized what kind of threat the Joker was. Bruce came off there as a young, less experienced Batman who felt things were getting better, when in reality things were only getting worse. It was to show him that Gotham needed Batman more than ever, and this the need of his city outweighed his personal want for a happy life. It was something that I felt made sense, because we're still dealing with a young Batman who's just starting out.

In TDKR, Bruce has quit and just hides away for eight years. It's not until Bane appears and Bruce realizes that Gotham needs Batman once again. But throughout the movie we get Alfred whining and complaining, literally telling Bruce to give up...which is the exact opposite of what he was telling Bruce in The Dark Knight. Nolan even has Alfred bring up Rachel's letter to Bruce from TDK, ruining a great character defining moment for Bruce as it was Bruce's belief that Rachel was going to wait for him, thus causing him to fight even harder as Batman, not just in honor of his parent's, but now in honor of Rachel's death as well. Yet Alfred then uses that same letter as a means to sway Bruce from becoming Batman again.

Rises really just butchered everything Nolan did in TDK. One of the defining scenes in TDK was when Joker explains that he and Batman are "destined" to fight each other forever, yet in the very next movie Batman quits. It completely kills what Joker said, as neither of them every even fight again and Bruce ends up quitting...TWICE. -__-

This man...This

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.