Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Would You Like To See Batman Become More Tech Based?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Since Detective Comics is going to be covering the more streetlevel detective-ninja fighting crime and psychos would you like to see the Batman book focus more on Bats take on bigger citylevel threats using his tech? Batman could start using a more high tech Bat suit like the Outsider suit or the one he used during City of Owls as standard gear and he could start using drones, the Batmobile and the Batwing a lot more. It could also focus more on his strategic capabilities and how he coordinates the various Bat-Family members rather than the loner detective stuff.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I already made this thread. 'Batman tech upgrade'

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'd like to see these stuff, indeed the current Batman is not changed so much, and I'm slightly disappointed. He need an upgrade.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

Personally I think it would make more sense for him to use more tech like that. I'm definitely down.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but the bat-computer should gain consciousness, build it's self a robot body and become a small claims lawyer. That one is for free, Snyder.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Sure that sounds cool. Except the high artillery as standard gear, it should be more prep based like he needs it then so he'll use it then IMO.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see him get just a little bit of tech upgrade, obviously not to the levels of say Iron Man but it would still would be pretty cool to see, technology is a huge thing now-a-days and it would be good to see Batman adopt more of this.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Idk, he already kinda does use a lot of tech. Especially in the Arkham games.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not really becuase than he would become Ironman and Batman is at his best when he is the lone dark knight detective so if the rest of the bat family never appeared in a bat title again i wouldnt care

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he uses a little to much tech already. Just a little. Instead of him carrying around a bunch of tech I would prefer him to have to be crafty and find other ways to get the job done

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
    The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: Lol. I've already said something to him about his pic.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

not really becuase than he would become Ironman and Batman is at his best when he is the lone dark knight detective so if the rest of the bat family never appeared in a bat title again i wouldnt care

Yea but there already is a book focusing on that aspect of Batman.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh I liked Batman with a few gadgets and vehicles start putting too much tech and he turns into Tony Stark.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Eh I liked Batman with a few gadgets and vehicles start putting too much tech and he turns into Tony Stark.

Yea but like I said, there is already a book that deals with his street level stuff

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Not sure why Batman with more tech = Iron Man. That isn't even close to true.

As for the question, depends on who is writing.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why Batman with more tech = Iron Man. That isn't even close to true.

As for the question, depends on who is writing.

Yea exactly, it's not like every tech guy is Iron Man also Bruce and Tony have to very different styles, Bats would be more like Metal Gear Solid's Cyborg Ninja than Iron Man,

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FearTheLiving

@dagmar_merrill: @jonny_anonymous: Okay then Cyborg, or the other many tech based heroes. You start making Batman awesome at everything it kind of belittles those characters. Also it's just an opinion and I'm not a huge Batman fan in general so if that's what people want by all means give him more tech.

Edit: Though an older Batman that can't rely on his combat prowess as much, so he turns to more tech based stuff would be okay with me.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Not really because that's not how Batman fights, think Grey Fox from Metal Gear Solid.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'd like that. He needs a power upgrade specially in the JL book and as the OP mentioned there's already a book dealing with Batman's street level and detective side so the other book can easily deal with his intelligence and techs. He could use the Batman Beyond suit for regular purpose or something more powerful to deal with more powerful villains. And I don't get the Iron Man comparison, almost 80% of the superheroes have the same powers.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lifeofvibe

oh YES! it can be done! im serious ive thought this senario of batman becoming more tech base and it suprisingly works

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lifeofvibe

@feartheliving: actually he already dose belittle cyborg because batman pretty much already know everthing about a computer and tech its one of the reasons cyborg on the team=bad idea

there are a crap load of other reasons that just make it racist

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PopRock123

Yes I like the thought of a Batman book that showcases his tech.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alexander505

The main reason why Batman doesn't use more powerful gadgets or power-armor is because he don't have the motivation to do it. The most of his current villains are not a big deal, I mean, he can defeat them without any particular technology. So, if you want a more powerful Batman, more technology, etc, you need aboveall, new villains...more powerful ones.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The tech is fun, I think. I don't want him to rely entirely on technology, or to have a "Batman Beyond"/"Iron Man"-esque tech suit. But I think it's really cool when Batman uses technology to his advantage.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I prefer street level detective batman but I wouldn't mind tech in his arsenal. Maybe an emp, some hacking and engineering skills. I feel like Batman should be the Leonardo Da Vinci of crime fighting. Very talented at a great many things but never quite sticks with one thing.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little more sci-fi would be nice, anyway, despite that Batman is great in urban stories, he can work perfectly in sci-fi stories too.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Science fiction was where the money was for his more powerful enemies. Non costumed supernatural crime is where the long tail epics can get made. It is also much harder to write. Look at city of crime to get an idea of what I am talking about. It is an underrated masterpiece.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, Batman is one of the most versatile characters of the comics, he can work almost in any environments. Sci-fi, crime stories, horror stories...and what about a espionage stories? Terroristic attacks in all the world? Why confine Batman just in crime stories? It's silly.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Seriously, Batman is one of the most versatile characters of the comics, he can work almost in any environments. Sci-fi, crime stories, horror stories...and what about a espionage stories? Terroristic attacks in all the world? Why confine Batman just in crime stories? It's silly.

This

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

True.

AdiStance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, very true!!

ToastedSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ToastedSamurai

Well his gadgets are already techy enough, but if your talking about his suit-Eh, I don't really think he's in desperate need for a suit-upgrade. Batman is what a like to call a "stealth superhero," he hides in the shadows and is lite on his feet, he can't have big robotic armor slowing him down.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Depends on what kind of tech, I dont mind the occasional new invention as long as it's somewhat realistic for the setting. I dont want to see him put on those massive robot suits and crap though, that is just to much and not why Batman is interesting.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Stealth armor could definitely work and he could easily use it regularly or at least in JL.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

One of the biggest things I took away from Iron Man 3 was the recreation of the explosion. Batman should totally be doing this in future movies.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well his gadgets are already techy enough, but if your talking about his suit-Eh, I don't really think he's in desperate need for a suit-upgrade. Batman is what a like to call a "stealth superhero," he hides in the shadows and is lite on his feet, he can't have big robotic armor slowing him down.

He can still be stealth as well as use better tech, look at Grey Fox.

Guys I'm not saying Batman should be like this in every book but I think that Batman is big enough and versatile enough that in one of his books he should be taking on bigger city level threats using more tech like powered armor and Batmobile/batwing ect as well as showing his strategic prowess by him quarterbacking the Bat family. The other books can still have him street level.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tech should only be used to compliment Batman's skills. When tech overshadows Batman's natural abilities I think that it misses the point. I'm not interested in a Batman that is completely dependant on gadgets.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Yes and no. I want to see him advance in the technical field but I want them to also save it for the Beyond Terrance McGinnis.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.