Would Hit Girl make a good sidekick/daughter to Batman?

#1 Posted by Tyrus (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read and watched Kick Ass again the other day, and I must say, Hit Girl and Big Daddy remind me of a much more "violent" style of Batman and Robin. Hit Girl is pretty much the only thing that keeps Big Daddy going in both the film and comic, where it's almost the same case with Robin (Dick Grayson in particular). I was wondering if Hit Girl would make a good sidekick to Bruce - whether it's the comic form or movie, hell, mash 'em together, because I think Bruce could serve as a better father figure to Mindy than Big Daddy if he could put up with ALL Robin's... Problem is, Hit Girl is a killing machine which breaks Batman one rule, but still - with a little practice, could Mindy be a good sidekick to Batman?

#2 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

No. She's everything Batman is against, in a vigilantly.

#3 Posted by Mr_Winchester (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't she be like a female Damien what with the killing and stuff?? Minus the foul mouth ofcourse.

#4 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Winchester said:

Wouldn't she be like a female Damien what with the killing and stuff?? Minus the foul mouth ofcourse.

Damian doesn't really kill many people. To my recollection, he's only ever killed Henri Ducard.

#5 Posted by Mr_Winchester (710 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Damian doesn't really kill many people. To my recollection, he's only ever killed Henri Ducard.

Ah I see. I've not read much Batman and robin, but what did he do to the Talon? I can remember but did he decapitate him?
#6 Posted by Big_Nasty (348 posts) - - Show Bio

If she didn't kill anyone and didn't have the mouth of a sailor, then yes. She can most certain hold her own against almost anyone .

#7 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

She'd be a perfect The Dark Knight Returns Batman sidekick. Canon verse though she'd probably make a better Damian villain ;)

#8 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Winchester said:

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Ah I see. I've not read much Batman and robin, but what did he do to the Talon? I can remember but did he decapitate him?

Talon's don't really count. They're already dead.

#9 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

she's too interesting, violent, and rude to be related to batman. if they put hit-girl in batman she'd just be a girl in a robin outfit saying "what the fruit-rollups" or Holy Shinanigans Batman"

#10 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

she's too interesting,

Too interesting? What, you think killing people makes you interesting?

#11 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5656 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler

She'd be a perfect The Dark Knight Returns Batman sidekick. Canon verse though she'd probably make a better Damian villain ;)

I like this. I could see her as a sidekick, bumping heads with Damien and Batman trying to change her ways.
#12 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

With hit-girl ya killing people does make her interesting (the whole young girl who's a badass killer is what makes her whole character) if you put her with batman then like i said before is a cool character who is now not doing anything that makes her funny or edgy. she would be again just a girl in a robin suit. no one would want to turn hit-girl into sorry to bump into you-girl.

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

No we already have Damian and he's waaaaay more interesting than her.@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Morgan Ducard actually lol,and there's Doctor Dedalus,the Spook not to mention potential others before he met Batman.

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Nah. He killed people like it was nothing, but he was forced to stop just about as he was introduced. Not before he killed a guy, decapitated him and stuffed a grenade in his mouth and offering it as a present to his father though, lol.

#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Nah. He killed people like it was nothing, but he was forced to stop just about as he was introduced. Not before he killed a guy, decapitated him and stuffed a grenade in his mouth and offering it as a present to his father though, lol.

That was the Spook,guess he got spooked lol.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Yeah, seems like you go it covered better than me. ;)

#17 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian fills her role far more effectively. Still I'd prefer Hit Girl as Batman's sidekick to Steph any day.

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus said:

I just read and watched Kick Ass again the other day, and I must say, Hit Girl and Big Daddy remind me of a much more "violent" style of Batman and Robin. Hit Girl is pretty much the only thing that keeps Big Daddy going in both the film and comic, where it's almost the same case with Robin (Dick Grayson in particular). I was wondering if Hit Girl would make a good sidekick to Bruce - whether it's the comic form or movie, hell, mash 'em together, because I think Bruce could serve as a better father figure to Mindy than Big Daddy if he could put up with ALL Robin's... Problem is, Hit Girl is a killing machine which breaks Batman one rule, but still - with a little practice, could Mindy be a good sidekick to Batman?

Hit Girl and Big Daddy literally took the inspiration from Batman. So....

#19 Posted by ComicStooge (13810 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

No we already have Damian and he's waaaaay more interesting than her.@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Morgan Ducard actually lol,and there's Doctor Dedalus,the Spook not to mention potential others before he met Batman.

Oh. O_o

How does Bruce put up with that?

#20 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit-Girl is one of my favourite comic book characters, but I don't know if she would fit in with Batman. She does believe in protecting the innocent but she is really brutal on criminals. Maybe if she learned to control her violence then possibly.

#21 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wouldn't have the patience to deal with her, she's just too out of control and willing to do whatever it takes. I could see many a long shouting matches where at the end Bruce walks away with a headache and wondering if it is even worth it.

#22 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda the same way Jason Todd did.

#23 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

He also killed the spook

#24 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: and those other unamed targets for the League of Assassins.

#25 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, her an Damien would be a match made in Hell! I like it!

#26 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Team her up with Batwoman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.