Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Would Hit Girl make a good sidekick/daughter to Batman?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tyrus

I just read and watched Kick Ass again the other day, and I must say, Hit Girl and Big Daddy remind me of a much more "violent" style of Batman and Robin. Hit Girl is pretty much the only thing that keeps Big Daddy going in both the film and comic, where it's almost the same case with Robin (Dick Grayson in particular). I was wondering if Hit Girl would make a good sidekick to Bruce - whether it's the comic form or movie, hell, mash 'em together, because I think Bruce could serve as a better father figure to Mindy than Big Daddy if he could put up with ALL Robin's... Problem is, Hit Girl is a killing machine which breaks Batman one rule, but still - with a little practice, could Mindy be a good sidekick to Batman?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ComicStooge

No. She's everything Batman is against, in a vigilantly.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr_Winchester

Wouldn't she be like a female Damien what with the killing and stuff?? Minus the foul mouth ofcourse.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ComicStooge

@Mr_Winchester said:

Wouldn't she be like a female Damien what with the killing and stuff?? Minus the foul mouth ofcourse.

Damian doesn't really kill many people. To my recollection, he's only ever killed Henri Ducard.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr_Winchester
    @ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Damian doesn't really kill many people. To my recollection, he's only ever killed Henri Ducard.

Ah I see. I've not read much Batman and robin, but what did he do to the Talon? I can remember but did he decapitate him?
    Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Big_Nasty

If she didn't kill anyone and didn't have the mouth of a sailor, then yes. She can most certain hold her own against almost anyone .

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

She'd be a perfect The Dark Knight Returns Batman sidekick. Canon verse though she'd probably make a better Damian villain ;)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ComicStooge

@Mr_Winchester said:

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Ah I see. I've not read much Batman and robin, but what did he do to the Talon? I can remember but did he decapitate him?

Talon's don't really count. They're already dead.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By SupremeHyperion

she's too interesting, violent, and rude to be related to batman. if they put hit-girl in batman she'd just be a girl in a robin outfit saying "what the fruit-rollups" or Holy Shinanigans Batman"

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ComicStooge

@SupremeHyperion said:

she's too interesting,

Too interesting? What, you think killing people makes you interesting?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @Gambler

She'd be a perfect The Dark Knight Returns Batman sidekick. Canon verse though she'd probably make a better Damian villain ;)

I like this. I could see her as a sidekick, bumping heads with Damien and Batman trying to change her ways.
    Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By SupremeHyperion

With hit-girl ya killing people does make her interesting (the whole young girl who's a badass killer is what makes her whole character) if you put her with batman then like i said before is a cool character who is now not doing anything that makes her funny or edgy. she would be again just a girl in a robin suit. no one would want to turn hit-girl into sorry to bump into you-girl.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By entropy_aegis

No we already have Damian and he's waaaaay more interesting than her.@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Morgan Ducard actually lol,and there's Doctor Dedalus,the Spook not to mention potential others before he met Batman.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ReVamp

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Nah. He killed people like it was nothing, but he was forced to stop just about as he was introduced. Not before he killed a guy, decapitated him and stuffed a grenade in his mouth and offering it as a present to his father though, lol.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis

@ReVamp said:

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Nah. He killed people like it was nothing, but he was forced to stop just about as he was introduced. Not before he killed a guy, decapitated him and stuffed a grenade in his mouth and offering it as a present to his father though, lol.

That was the Spook,guess he got spooked lol.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@entropy_aegis: Yeah, seems like you go it covered better than me. ;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Lvenger

Damian fills her role far more effectively. Still I'd prefer Hit Girl as Batman's sidekick to Steph any day.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sethysquare

@Tyrus said:

I just read and watched Kick Ass again the other day, and I must say, Hit Girl and Big Daddy remind me of a much more "violent" style of Batman and Robin. Hit Girl is pretty much the only thing that keeps Big Daddy going in both the film and comic, where it's almost the same case with Robin (Dick Grayson in particular). I was wondering if Hit Girl would make a good sidekick to Bruce - whether it's the comic form or movie, hell, mash 'em together, because I think Bruce could serve as a better father figure to Mindy than Big Daddy if he could put up with ALL Robin's... Problem is, Hit Girl is a killing machine which breaks Batman one rule, but still - with a little practice, could Mindy be a good sidekick to Batman?

Hit Girl and Big Daddy literally took the inspiration from Batman. So....

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ComicStooge

@entropy_aegis said:

No we already have Damian and he's waaaaay more interesting than her.@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Morgan Ducard actually lol,and there's Doctor Dedalus,the Spook not to mention potential others before he met Batman.

Oh. O_o

How does Bruce put up with that?

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GodOfMischief

Hit-Girl is one of my favourite comic book characters, but I don't know if she would fit in with Batman. She does believe in protecting the innocent but she is really brutal on criminals. Maybe if she learned to control her violence then possibly.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Xanni15

Batman wouldn't have the patience to deal with her, she's just too out of control and willing to do whatever it takes. I could see many a long shouting matches where at the end Bruce walks away with a headache and wondering if it is even worth it.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By warlock360

Kinda the same way Jason Todd did.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternal19

@ComicStooge said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

He also killed the spook

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Eternal19: and those other unamed targets for the League of Assassins.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By evilvegeta74

Oh yeah, her an Damien would be a match made in Hell! I like it!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Blood1991

Team her up with Batwoman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.