Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Would Catwoman stop a mugging?

megame23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By megame23

Hey guys, I just read TEC 627(Batman's 600th Anniversary) It has the original Batman story 'The Case of the Chemical Syndicate,' and then 3 newer versions of the same story.

The last story had a really interesting idea where a guy basically went out looking to get mugged, because he had heard if you really need help a man in Gotham who cared would find you if you needed it.

So then I was thinking about how obviously dangerous that is, and what if Batman didn't show up, so now the actual question:

If Catwoman (Selina Kyle) were to see a mugging on the street, which looked like the victim was going to be killed, would she do something to stop it? or does she not care about that sort of thing?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By batshrine

@megame23: It depends on who was getting mugged and her mood, and what time of her life.

megame23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By megame23

heh, oddly enough the next issue on my read list, Batman 460 starts out with Catwoman after stealing some jewels, sees a mugging and jumps in saving a young couple.

The girl she saves says, "D-dont hurt us! Please!"

Then Catwoman gets pissed off that they arent very grateful and are dumb to be walking late where they are anyway, saying "--And if This is the thanks I get, I won't be doing it again!"

Both of those issues, Tec 627 and Batman 460 are from March 91, so it really was the next comic I got my answer... haha, what are the chances.

adamrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By adamrolls

If its a woman...If she has something to gain from it...If the person being mugged isn't a known scumbag... If the person getting mugged is a minor or elderly.. Thats all I can  think of..

Joelislegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Joelislegend

Catwoman would do it but she definately wouldn't do like Batman and prowl around looking for people to save.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Yeah, I agree, think it depends on her mood, and maybe if the victim thats getting robbed etc. has some valueable stuff on them, so she'll save them but rob them at the same time hehe

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.