With Damien gone, does really Batman need another Robin?

• 93 results
#51 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Humanoid said:

@Matchstick said:

@Humanoid: They'll make her Oracle if anything.

Suppose. I wonder if her plot power would save her from certain doom.

Well it didn't save Damian, lol. She honestly doesn't bother me, you get used to a certain amount of ridiculousness from the Bat kids after a while.

#52 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi said:

I don't think Batman will take the risk of another dead,I like him in solo adventures so i don't really want in respect of Damian.

agreed!

#53 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind: No.no.no.no.non.no...

Get that off your mind now.....

Batman shouldn't get another Robin.

#54 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

permanently or for like a year?

#55 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

No, his son just died fighting a super criminal

If bruce gets another robin right away hes definitely mentally damaged

#56 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's definately got something planned here...

#57 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether she becomes Robin or not is debatable but according to the description of the next Batman issue on DC's official site, Harper Row will have some involvement.

Batman #18

• Welcome guest-artist Andy Kubert!

• In the wake of unspeakable tragedy, Batman is in danger of losing his humanity!

• And in the backup story, fan-favorite character Harper Row returns—but will she be able to pull Batman back from the brink?

#20 claims that the tragedy will deliver the team-up we've been asking for since the start of the new 52. Not sure who that means but it can't be Harper Row as Robin if it's since the start of New 52.

#58 Edited by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@gettogaara said:

#20 claims that the tragedy will deliver the team-up we've been asking for since the start of the new 52. Not sure who that means but it can't be Harper Row as Robin if it's since the start of New 52.

Thats probably Stephanie Brown theyre hinting at...

whats a "backup story" ? sorry for the ignorance

#59 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: If it's her that'd be cool....ya know so long as she doesn't jump right into the Robin position. As for backup story, I guess they mean the side stories they include sometimes at the end of the issue. Like in Justice League, Captain Marvel is the side story getting a few pages at the end of the issue.

#60 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

alright, cool

#61 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Batman needs a Robin and you all need to get over it.

#62 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

If bruce gets another robin right away hes definitely mentally damaged

I second that!

#63 Posted by Teerack (5349 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Stephanie taking up the mantle of robin and just going out on her own until batman confronts her. Similar to what happened in The Dark Knight Returns.

#64 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

that would last approx. one day, bats would find out almost immediately

#65 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like the Batman and Robin book to become sort of a bat-family book now... different issues/arcs focusing on different former robins (Grayson, Todd, Drake) and occasionally teaming up with Batman.

#66 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Like flashbacks like one stated before? or just current time teamups?

#67 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I'd like the Batman and Robin book to become sort of a bat-family book now... different issues/arcs focusing on different former robins (Grayson, Todd, Drake) and occasionally teaming up with Batman.

Agreed. I've actually been interested in a book like that since before Damian's death. Now what they could do is end Batman and Robin at whatever issue, Bruce starts to recover and then start a new book with the same writer and artist called "The Bat Family" or something along those lines.

#68 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

permanently or for like a year?

Permanently.

Unless Damian comes back from the dead.

In like six months,I predict.

#69 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

6 months atleast yea...

#70 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman really has never needed a Robin, but DC does because it sells.

#71 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

what about Red Robin, Nightwing, he needs them?

#72 Posted by Teerack (5349 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: Batman finding out doesn't mean he would confront her right away.

#73 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Batman really has never needed a Robin, but DC does because it sells.

thats why he has nightwing and red robin i presume?

#74 Edited by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

Damien comes back as a black lantern. I can only imagine.

#75 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian comes back as a villain :P

#76 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be downright irresponsible for Batman to take another Robin at this point.

@FatihBATMAN said:

Damian comes back as a villain :P

I would actually ragequit DC if this happened.

#77 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

hehe sarcasm :P

#78 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

Like flashbacks like one stated before? or just current time teamups?

I suppose it could do both, depending on the issue/arc.

#79 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe change the Batman and Robin title into Batman and Catwoman.

#80 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

bad idea man.... :P

#81 Posted by drgnx (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, have not been reading the spoilers.

Dc has a few options like, in the future there is Stephanie or Cassandra. Personally I'd like Cassandra to return as Black Bat, and Stephanie to do something else Bat related. I hope they don't toss in Harper, it would be the biggest insult as an option.

Still, there is the laserous pit, not sure what the spoilers are though.

#82 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

dont read, unless you wanna get spoiled!

#83 Posted by conradoaccorsi (297 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opnion DC shouldn't put another Robin. They need to wait,wait for one year so Bruce can heal from everything.

#84 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi said:

In my opnion DC shouldn't put another Robin. They need to wait,wait for one year so Bruce can heal from everything.

yup!

#85 Posted by Lorrie (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether or not Batman "needs a Robin" as is often said, Bruce would look like a pretty terrible person if he actually took on a new one. One dead Robin is a tragedy, two dead Robins is criminally irresponsible.

Because he'd be legally culpable for Damian's death, wouldn't he? You let your 10-year-old kid play vigilante and he ends up brutally murdered while doing it, I think the legal system would have something to say about it if they knew (felony child abuse/endangerment resulting in death, perhaps?). If Batman "gets away with it" and then finds another victim, er, sidekick.... Well, that's not a character I'd respect enough to want to read about.

#86 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6107 posts) - - Show Bio

If he has Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood and Red Robin who can assist him when he needs it, does he really need a full time sidekick?

#87 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i dont believe he needs a full time side kick

#88 Edited by JulieDC (870 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin is very important to the Batman mythos and it would be horrible to never have another Robin. I get so tired of people who hate Robin using arguments like "a kid shouldn't fight crime anyways". Its a comic book, and Robin has been around for 70 years, lets stop with the PC stuff there. Robin is definitely needed, the question is who and when. I feel for the next year or two if not even three, they should have Batman work with the former Robins rather than just a new Robin. Or turn the argument Tim Drake once said after Jason's death where he suggests Nightwing becoming Robin again upside down by having a former Robin become Robin again (specifically Tim Drake since he was forced from his position).

If you get rid of Robin, then you might as well get rid of Batman.

#89 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@JulieDC said:

If you get rid of Robin, then you might as well get rid of Batman.

yeah..agree..

#90 Posted by smiling4ever (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman should not have a Robin for a while,but not be Robin-less forever. Robin should also be atleast older than 8-10 years old.

#91 Posted by Evelynquinn (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he should be on his own now.

#92 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman makes Harper Row the new Robin,I 'll just throw a molotov in the DC Comics headquarters......

#93 Posted by consolemaster001 (4951 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely Bruce will retire the Robin mantle...until Damian comes back anyway...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.