Will The Dark Knight Return In 2011?

Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio
We are all on the edge of our seats waiting to hear some actual information on the next Batman movie.  We've had a ton of crazy rumors but none is true since Christopher Nolan hadn't even begun writing a single thing about the next installment.  I'm sure he has some ideas but he's not talking just yet.  It's a given that it'll happen.  We will see another movie.  I'm actually glad it's not being rushed.  Let the creative juices come and deliver another great Batman movie to us.  Or at least one without so many subplots. 

The Courier Post Online just did a feature on Batman producer Michael Uslan.  The article tells the story behind the guy and how he got to where he is now. 

"It's not just a great comic book film, it's a great film," says Uslan who also produced "The Spirit" and has three more films in various stages of development, including "The Shadow," "Doc Savage" and the Captain Marvel feature "Billy Batson and the Legend of Shazam." "When I first saw "The Dark Knight,' I was so happy I wanted to cry."

Uslan will be onboard as executive producer for the "Dark Knight" sequel, which he estimates will be theaters by 2011. As for the identity of the next round of Batman's supervillains and love interests, Uslan remains tight-lipped. "It's one of those deals where if I told you, I'd have to kill you," he says with a chuckle.
2011 sounds right.  It may not be set in stone but it's encouraging.  What is also encouraging is the mention of the Captain Marvel movie.  Let's hope that will happen as well since reports have it as being off-again/on-again.  Looks like we'll still have maybe a year and a half of rumors until we start getting closer to the actual movie.
Staff
#1 Posted by inferiorego (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard G-Man is playing Clock King

Staff
#2 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Clock King?  That'd be classic.  Wonder why he hasn't appeared in a movie so far.

#3 Posted by Fastback (110 posts) - - Show Bio

glad to hear that there's no official villain yet and since nolan only wants realistic villains these are the ones I think he could use. the order has nothing to do with how much I think they'll be the villain

*alot of people think the riddler, which I can see why. But just by all the talk about him he already seems overused, but that's just my opinion.
*alot of people think the penguin will be in it.
*some people want catwoman which would be okay, but in my opinion she's better as a hero.
*in my opinion the mad hatter would be good as a minor villain, but he is a little unrealistic.
*ventriloquist is certainly realistic enough, but like mad hatter, he's not known enough and he's not interesting enough to do a hole movie about him.
*the last major, realistic villain I can think of is Dr. Strange, as long as he's a failure and his experiments never work, but he's in the same category of mad hatter and ventriloquist, not many people want to see a hole movie about him.
#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"
We are all on the edge of our seats waiting to hear some actual information on the next Batman movie.  We've had a ton of crazy rumors but none is true since Christopher Nolan hadn't even begun writing a single thing about the next installment.  I'm sure he has some ideas but he's not talking just yet.  It's a given that it'll happen.  We will see another movie.  I'm actually glad it's not being rushed.  Let the creative juices come and deliver another great Batman movie to us.  Or at least one without so many subplots. 

So harvey may not be dead?
#5 Posted by Fastback (110 posts) - - Show Bio

glad to hear that there's no official villain yet and since nolan only wants realistic villains these are the ones I think he could use. the order has nothing to do with how much I think they'll be the villain

*alot of people think the riddler, which I can see why. But just by all the talk about him he already seems overused, but that's just my opinion.
*alot of people think the penguin will be in it.
*some people want catwoman which would be okay, but in my opinion she's better as a hero.
*in my opinion the mad hatter would be good as a minor villain, but he is a little unrealistic.
*ventriloquist is certainly realistic enough, but like mad hatter, he's not known enough and he's not interesting enough to do a hole movie about him.
*the last major, realistic villain I can think of is Dr. Strange, as long as he's a failure and his experiments never work, but he's in the same category of mad hatter and ventriloquist, not many people want to see a hole movie about him.
#6 Posted by inferiorego (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on people... Brother Eye, it's already been set-up... Cell phones...

Staff
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm... very interesting
#8 Edited by Fastback (110 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Come on people... Brother Eye, it's already been set-up... Cell phones..."
that's a good one that I never thought of. 
I also thought of Firefly and Killer moth as minor villains. Though I doubt either will be in a movie for a long time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.