Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Will Batman die at the end of Dark Knight Rises?

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

Clues that make me think maybe. 

1.  Its the last of the trilogy. 
    2. Bane is in it and he broke batmans back in the comics. 
    3.  At the end of the trailer it shows batman barely standing with bane closing in on him.  Could that be the last scene? 
    4.  He would be riseing and then being fell on banes knee.  Or Bane could rise his dead body up in the air. 

lol in all seriousness this movie is going to kick so much azz.  I can not wait.  I just can not see it having a happy ending since the series has been so dark and its the last one.  Does anyone else think Bruce might not make it?

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I don't think so, characters like him don't die and just because he appears weak in one scene doesn't mean he's dying. Anyways when it comes to next year's comic book films, I'm only excited for The Avengers. 

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Chaos Burn

meh, I think batman will defeat bane....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

Not a chance that Batman is going to die. It's Bane, of  course bats is gonna get messed up. But he'll win and in the end they'll probably narrate his futuristic legacy.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sydpart2
    @ssj2DeadPool said:
    Clues that make me think maybe.  1.  Its the last of the trilogy. 2. Bane is in it and he broke batmans back in the comics. 3.  At the end of the trailer it shows batman barely standing with bane closing in on him.  Could that be the last scene? 4.  He would be riseing and then being fell on banes knee.  Or Bane could rise his dead body up in the air.  lol in all seriousness this movie is going to kick so much azz.  I can not wait.  I just can not see it having a happy ending since the series has been so dark and its the last one.  Does anyone else think Bruce might not make it?
    Why do people keep saying these movies are dark? I don't get that. They're not as campy or as stylized as the Burton/Schumacher films, they're more realistic but these movies are incredibly optimistic. Look at the messages of Begins and Dark Knight.
    Begins: You don't have to be afraid to go out at night, and further more you shouldn't be. The only reason evil exists is because good men do nothing to stop it, take action, you can make a difference.
    Dark Knight: People need something or someone to look up to, they deserve to have their faith rewarded. Evil can be beat, but only if your willing to make sacrifices.
    What is so dark about that?
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By shawn87

I don't think he'll die. He'll face his biggest challenge so far but I highly doubt they would kill Batman in a movie

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Green Skin

Why would they end the trilogy with Batman failing?  Of coarse he's not going to die.  It'll probably end with a voice over of someone saying how Batman will always be there, yada yada yada.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By RainEffect

"If you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely. Legend, Mr. Wayne."

Of course not! Batman is the ultimate story of good triumphing over evil without crossing the line. I believe he will be a mess at the end of his encounter with Bane, but it would not end well if he died. Batman is legendary, and legends cannot be killed.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

No. 

BB

vprvnmsrt10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vprvnmsrt10

I think the fundamental part that everyone is forgetting is Christopher Nolan. The man is a genius and never ever does the expected in his movies.

In the Dark Knight I didnt expect a sick,sadistic version of the Joker. I also didnt expect Rachel to be killed off. I know that is typical Joker MO, but Nolan has turned this series into something way out of the norm. Some of the previous Batman movies were aimed more at Kids, Teenagers and Young Adults. Batman and Robin tanked big time in my eyes, this run is definitely not a kiddies movie.

But back to the initial question. I dont think DC or Warner Bros. will let Nolan kill Batman, but I am sure that thought has crossed his mind a couple of times.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By fodigg

I'm guessing we'll see an ending like "batman inc" or the ending of "dark knight returns." Essentially, he'll start recruiting for the cause.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By moywar700

batman won't die, if he did, how would the audience handle the batman reboot then?

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By KainScion

hopefully he will then that stupid 'im trying to push one out' voice will die with him.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By htb106

definetely.

I don't want him to but he probably will

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rogue_mar1e

LOL. No.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

I think that would be interesting to see. Nolan doesn't exactly follow comic rules and he did kill off Harvey Dent.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngeTheDude

I would love for him to die. That would be an awesome ending no one can see coming AND he would truly have made a sacrifice. Also, just because he dies doesn't mean he's failed.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By batshrine

Bruce Wayne won't die, but that cop John Blake or something is going to die. Someone is gonna have to step in as Batman while Batman recovers. Right?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@BlueLantern1995 said:

No Batman and Catwoman get a happily ever after and their son Damian is shown playing with bat gadgets hinting at him becoming the next Batman.

I smell sequel

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Chaos Burn said:

meh, I think batman will defeat bane....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.