Will batman become a killer

Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

well will he

#1 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

Never on your life.

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17918 posts) - - Show Bio

no....just....no

#3 Posted by Xwraith (17180 posts) - - Show Bio

He hasn't been a killer for 75 years and I'm pretty sure he's not going to start now.

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xwraith said:

He hasn't been a killer for 75 years and I'm pretty sure he's not going to start now.

InB4 he killed a few times in the Golden Age

#5 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Also, why did this need its own thread? There was already a lot of discussion in the one posted by staff.

#6 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope never he won't kill he's come close but always stopped and I'm fairly sure the writers would steer clear of that choice anyway.

#7 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wish he'd take this approach more often. The problem is the moral ambiguity that comes when you make the decision. We generally don't see Batman kill in the comics because the writers don't know how to let him do so without turning him into a Punisher type character. Instead they often write him like a boy scout who acts outraged when he sees other anti-heroes do what they feel is necessary. That depiction of Batman doesn't feel authentic to me either.

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6252 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he should atleast kill Talia though I can't believe I'm saying that, not because that I don't want him to kill but more coz I loved Talia as a character. But if anyone does it it won't be Snyder,it will be either Tomasi or Morrison.

#10 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so for one moment. Recent events might push him to the edge in many areas but it won't tip him over in the violence stakes

#11 Edited by Black_Claw (2964 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he did kill people in the Golden Age. Not to mention he accidentally killed Two Face in the TDK. And he killed people left and right in the Burton films.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14680 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover doesn't prove a point.I can't see a reason for him to become a murderer.His son recently died and I don't think that even that will make him kill and I don't think that Snyder can make a good story or reason for him to kill.

#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10211 posts) - - Show Bio

He killed people on the past even during one year on the 70s.

But there is no point on doing this now.

#14 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

no....just....no

#15 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

hope not...

#16 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xwraith said:

This.And he didn't even kill the man who took away everything he had.

' Nuff said.

@Black_Claw: @KnightRise: And who did Batman actually kill?

#17 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.