Why You Should Read BATMAN: HUSH

• 122 results
#101 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis' Moon Knight was AMAZING. I think you should do "Fatal Attractions" next because it actually is a keystone for the travesty known as AvX because it led to showing xaier had a dark side, splintering of teams, and delving deeper into Wolverine's past.  

I own the first printing hardcovers of "Hush" and will let NO ONE touch them. True story. Has the old "Bullet" logo. It is also the arc which got me into Batman. 

#102 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about how important this book is to the Jason Todd character this morning.

#103 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read this story and I loved it! I agree that the ending was a bit too rushed, but I loved the way that the story was being built up and Jim Lee's art was just beyond fantastic!

#104 Posted by Vincie_Pooh (109 posts) - - Show Bio

So happy I have this.

#105 Posted by nappystr8 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush is an excellent work. I highly suggest anyone who loved Court of Owls but has not yet read Hush to pick it up.

#106 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

This storyline is literally responsible for me being on Comicvine.

My art teacher back in high school was hardcore into Marvel and DC and had tons of Alex Ross art all over class, and he had a handful of comics for people to use as reference, one of those books was the first issue of the Hush storyline. Reading Hush got me back into Batman, Superman, and DC comics. Hunting for DC stuff to read got me hooked on to Marvel stuff to read, which snowballed into me eventually landing on this site.

#107 Posted by batman_begins (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Whole heartedly agree. This story was what got me into comic book again after a 5 year hiatus from reading. Discovering that Jim Lee would be on pencils was a wild fantasy come true!

#108 Posted by ComicStooge (12565 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd came back to life?!

Spoilers, dude!

#109 Posted by b_lam (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about this and it looks pretty good. I might check it out. Does anyone know how Synder's Black Mirror stack-up?

#110 Edited by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_lam said:

I heard about this and it looks pretty good. I might check it out. Does anyone know how Synder's Black Mirror stack-up?

Black Mirror is an excellent story. I highly recommend it.

Staff
#111 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Why you shouldn't: It's teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrible. Yet another Loeb "Parade of Villains Mystery", with a character who would only gain depth later, thanks to Paul Dini. Dini at least turned him into a somewhat interesting antagonist, rather that Mummy With Guns.

Lee's art is pretty good, though.

#112 Posted by Lonestar9 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Great great story. I enjoyed reading all the various characters and of course the new one of Hush himself. It's a reminder of how great the old DC universe could be, the new one is just ok sometimes.

#113 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

The first Batman story, I read. I do agree with some of the comments, its a summer blockbuster not exactly a full fledged mystery story (that would be long Halloween). The BatCat story is the best bit though.

#114 Posted by tupiaz (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

A fine popcorn comic but nothing more. It does very little for the Batman mythos and are in no way essential or important for the understanding of Batman. Loeb's other Batman stories a better at this I also prefer Time Sale's arts to Jim Lee however the art is not bad in any way.

#115 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic is very enjoyable, its the Avengers of comic books. Jim Lee is at his best and the plot pacing is good. Not every comic has to add something to the mythos.

#116 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally picked it up man it was amazing read it on the way to my school field trip at a college it was so perfect now I have to get Long Halloween

#117 Posted by entropy_aegis (15247 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

A fine popcorn comic but nothing more. It does very little for the Batman mythos and are in no way essential or important for the understanding of Batman. Loeb's other Batman stories a better at this I also prefer Time Sale's arts to Jim Lee however the art is not bad in any way.

We finally agree on something.

I loved this story when I first read it years ago,but as time flies by it becomes progressively worse,so many goddamn flaws and not even ambitious ones that could've been overlooked.

#118 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read pretty much anything with Jim Lee's artwork. To me, his pencils are what characterizes DC's comics for me.

Everything else aside, Hush would be a great story, even if it was just a novel. To me, anyways

#119 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say, I loved this story, but this issue with Jason was ruined for me after it was revealed to actually be him. Didn't have the same emotional impact.

#120 Edited by clayscarface (110 posts) - - Show Bio

This was the first Batman book that I read and I was totally sucked in. Absolutely masterful. What's said about the art isn't even the best part. It's not the big sweeping pages with cool events that make this stand out, it's the tiny details that are in there, the things that made me scrutinize every single page for every bit of beauty it held. Absolutely amazing. Cannot recommend it enough.

#121 Edited by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

In post crisis canon, no one writes BatCat better than Loeb

#122 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Just bought the Graphic novel of this the other day. Read through the whole thing, and I have to say Hush is a great story. Only issues I had was I did not really understand why Hush was so angry, seemed to lack a full reasoning, and the other was why did Harvey get Joker out of Jail if he was turning good guy?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.