Why is Damian Wayne so liked?

#1 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

The child of Bruce Wayne, the child assassin.

i cannot grasp the feeling of him being so liked? He is a child, anyone want to enlighten me? :)

#2 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I didn't like him... but he's started to grow on me a lot.

I do think he's overpowered for a 10 year old, but somehow I kinda like his personality and seeing it develop. I also like seeing Bruce, Dick, Tim and Jason interact with him.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read anything with him in it that made me like him.

The only exception is the 666 issue, but that was nothing like the Damian in the Robin costume.

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

At first he was an annoying pest. 3 years later, he's my favorite Robin ever.

He's really arrogant, but that's one of the things I like about him. Unlike Jason, who was only an arrogant brat, Damian's an arrogant brat with awesome ninja training that completely justifies that arrogance.

Plus, he got some great character development Pre-52. Post-52... not so much.

#5 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

He's really arrogant, but that's one of the things I like about him. Unlike Jason, who was only an arrogant brat, Damian's an arrogant brat with awesome ninja training that completely justifies that arrogance.

I agree with this and your avatar.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (15325 posts) - - Show Bio

So far I only dislike him.

#7 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

He's like a mini concentrated Bruce Wayne.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio

At first, I disliked him..but he grew on me..like those vines you see on churches and Ivy League schools

#9 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's cool

#10 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne is humbled in a way. Damian is arrogant...i think Batman's persona is a humbled persona...

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27283 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: someone doesn't have to be likeable to be interesting

#12 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, i agree....its typical human behaviour though...what we dont understand, we dont like...but..for me, hes a child....its gonna be interesting to see how they mature him...

#13 Posted by SupBatz (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Damian. He's most certainly an unlikeable character but tha only adds to his intrigue. It's great seeing how much he's changed while simultaneously remaining true to character. And there's nothing better than seeing Damian, in all of his arrogance, unable to help himself from wanting to be just like his father.

#14 Posted by JoeEddie (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

#15 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

intriguing how pretty much all dislike him in the begnning...once they read and learn more of him, they love him

#16 Posted by tomlikesfries (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

#17 Edited by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

intriguing how pretty much all dislike him in the begnning...once they read and learn more of him, they love him

The progression is probably what the writers were going for.

#18 Posted by Seafarinhare (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never gotten to a point where I liked Damian, but I liked seeing Tim Drake kick his ass whenever they butted heads in the Red Robin comics.

#19 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats not to like!

#20 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I love his cocky arrogance. Though I do believe that he worked better when Dick was Batman, rather than Bruce under the cowl.

#21 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotwillpower said:

@FatihBATMAN said:

The progression is probably what the writers were going for.

Hatred achieved :P! hehe

#22 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He's arrogant and he gets it shoved in his face often.

#23 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

He's an extremely dislikable character- he's an arrogant, rude, bratty, loudmouth, who you just want to throttle or see him beaten by another character. But his dislikable, cocky behaviour and attitude makes him an interesting character, and to some people, eventually a likable one. It makes it fun to see a characer such as this interact with others, and watch him progress and mature.

#24 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
Less broody angst and more asskicking
#25 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

damian is the best robin, he becae my fav dc char after ownin todd with the crowbar

#26 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

hes so small though.... :P

#27 Posted by SmashBrawler (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

hes so small though.... :P

Yeah, like Dick Grayson as Robin. What's your point?

#28 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

....im thinking more in a manly way...its just that, he doesnt look so intimidating :>

#29 Posted by SmashBrawler (4735 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN said:

....im thinking more in a manly way...its just that, he doesnt look so intimidating :>

Damian disagrees.

#30 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

He is an interesting character. Hated him at first, but I quickly grew to like him.

#31 Posted by Lvenger (15989 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his cocky arrogance, his cheek, his badass skills and the fact he was trained to be the ultimate human yet chooses to rebel against his mother's wishes and follow his father's path. And the fact he's completely different from other Robins. I prefer him to Jason in fact.

#32 Posted by Onemoreposter (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

This hits the nail on the head. The kid is a complete brat who think's he's better than everyone, but most of the time, he is. The character is also a great blend of comedic relief with surprising emotionality and complexity. Alot of people said Drake was the Robin that was destined to become Batman one day and I was among them but since Damien came along he's the one I see one day picking up the mantle.

Damien's just cool.

#33 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

okaaaay Damian has my vote...but still....not liking thd killing...im so used to that Bats maims and breaks peeps legs and whatnot...but kiling?..thats a no no..but im glad that Bats has changed damians ways

#34 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean he is really the only true heir to the Cowl.

#35 Edited by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: BTW I've been thinking, in Batman 666 Damian had apparently made a deal with the devil. Was Dr. Hurt the devil?

#36 Edited by Ironhawk22 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's awesome. I mean Tim used to be my favorite but do to how crappy, watered down, and Gary Stu like Tim is now I now find myself more of a Damian fan. He's just written much better, sure he's a jerk but he plays well off other characters.

#37 Posted by TheCannon (16060 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

That's how I would put it, though you put it a bit more civil than I would have.

#38 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought when Grant Morrison handled him he was uber annoying, but Tomasi has really made him grow on me.

#39 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatihBATMAN: He's was a great for Dick, the same way Bruce was, except he's also got the snarky aspect to him as well. She he's good for setting up jokes and delivering zingers. And because he takes himself so seriously, he's always got great potential for suddenly and inappropriately cute. In addition to his time with Dick, he's had some good moments with Steph and Supergirl as well.

#40 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I love his arrogance. Also love that he bested Todd in a fight.

#41 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8750 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I was not a big fan of Damian. But he is a character that grows on you once you learn more about his character and read more comics with him in it

#42 Posted by SupBatz (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you not love him after this...

#43 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

The way they developed his character with Dick pre-N52 and during N52. The way they developed his relationship with his father during that arc with Nobody. I've grown a liking to him.

#44 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of all the robins, Damian is the only brat. which make him kind of unique.

#45 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mediumguy said:

@FatihBATMAN: BTW I've been thinking, in Batman 666 Damian had apparently made a deal with the devil. Was Dr. Hurt the devil?

im sorry but i havent read #666though :<

#46 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

good scene there actually :P...

@PlasticBag said:

I love his arrogance. Also love that he bested Todd in a fight.

in what issue was that :O?

#47 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam said:

Because of all the robins, Damian is the only brat. which make him kind of unique.

Jason could be a bit of a brat. He was just older so people considered him more as a thug instead.

#48 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

How can you not love him after this...

daaamn hes small there :D! cuute

#49 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

I love his cocky arrogance. Though I do believe that he worked better when Dick was Batman, rather than Bruce under the cowl.

me too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.