Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why I love the Dark Knight trilogy

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I suck at blogs and this is my first, and I don't know if anyone has done this blog before, so spare me.

This is why the Dark Knight trilogy is my favorite film saga of all time (though I hate Rises). This trilogy made me feel like the director actually watched the other films as he was making the new ones instead of going off of memory. This trilogy to me really captured Batman's skill (though not quite his brain). I think these films (except Rises) are the best superhero films to date. Nolan truly knows what the fans want (when I say things like this assume I don't mean Rises).

The best thing to me is Bale Batman. Some may not agree but he was the best Batman in film and will probably still be after 2015. When Bale put on the suit you really felt like he was gonna kick some ass. I mean the suit actually looked intimidating on him in Begins. Bale Batman wasn't quite the thinker but he certainly was the unbeatable monster in all three films ( that's right he was a beast in Rises too). He made Batman very very stealthy like his comic book counter part. This is a very big deal as stealth is a huge part of Batman. His voice was ridiculous but it was cool too (don't lie). Bale and Nolan showed us why Gotham needs Batman and how he's fit to serve the city. His portrayal of Wayne was equally just as great. You can see him wanting to truly better Gotham. In Knight you can see him happy to see Gotham not need him. But Batman will always be apart of Bruce as in Rises you can see him happy to be back in the Cowl. And if you still aren't convinced.........I mean just look at him go

The second thing I loved was the villains, there's no denying that the DK trilogy was true to the source material here......for the most part lol. First off Ra's was the beast he was in the comics. I mean sure there was no Lazerous Pit but did the movie really need one (though it would of been nice). Ra's was everything else his comic book counter part was expert swordsmen, chaotic neutral, Leader of the League of Assassins......I mean Shadows ;). Ra's was my favorite villain of the trilogy. Even though Ra's was my favorite villain he wasn't the best. That was the Joker. Nolan got everything about the Joker right his ambiguous origin, killing for laughs and his being steps ahead of everyone (except Batman of course). I mean Ledger didn't win an Oscar for no reason.I think Joker's portrayal is the greatest villain portrayal in any movie ever.Finally Bane was pretty ok too. He wasn't too bad though I'd would of made him better. His fighting skills, his brutality, and his strategic genius were spot on in Rises (the only thing lol). The villains were what made these movies the epic roller coaster ride they were.

Next is something I know you'll all agree on is the proper origin of this character everyone loves. Nolan show cased Batman's motivation to becoming Batman and in a way that makes sense and doesn't sound ridiculous. What he did for us translated well on screen, and I didn't leave the theater wanting to kill my self lol. He showed us the road to becoming Batman and took 58 mins doing it. Nolan took us from his training to discovering the symbol needed to strike terror into the petty hearts of criminals. He didn't just give us a hero, a setting, and a villain. He gave us a story. He didn't just hand Batman the skill to punch thugs through walls. He didn't just give Batman gadgets and not tell us how he got them. Nolan actually put substance into the story he showed us when, where and how and I appreciate that.

The next thing is it saved us from you know this......nuff said

No Caption Provided

The last and final thing in this run on blog is the Gadgets. This movie took Batman away from this silly and laughable gadgets to the ones that actually help him get around, fight crime, and traverse the city. They gave an onscreen reason to why Batman has and to how he got these gadgets. I love this because he didn't just poop out a flying batarang gadget he gave everyone a purpose and importance. He gave the Batvehicles useful stealth features, which makes perfect sense.

This is the end of this blog. Please tell me your thoughts in the comments. Hope you enjoyed

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine008

I absolutely adored Begins, liked the Dark Knight, and hated The Dark Knight Rises, but great blog man.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

no argument here, I love batman :)

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I loved all three movies. Great blog!

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: TDKR was okay, just a whole ton of plot holes. It's just that it looks so bad compared to the other two. But Batman Begins is so underrated, people look over it because of TDK.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice Work,

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
    Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Awesome blog! Three of my favorite films of all time.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I liked the movie, I had issues with it, but still liked it for what it was.

Loading Video...

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK Trilogy is the best superhero films ever.

Btw, nice blog.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK Trilogy is the best superhero films ever.

Btw, nice blog.

Agreed.

Nice blog dude.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
    Avatar image for thedarkknight9283
    thedarkknight9283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great blog. The TDK Trilogy is the best.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: TDKR was okay, just a whole ton of plot holes. It's just that it looks so bad compared to the other two. But Batman Begins is so underrated, people look over it because of TDK.

Every time, I hear people bring up the DKR's many plot hole, they usually only name 2, or 3........... I think a ton is far to strong of a word. But, to each their own, I guess....

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis

@retconcrisis said:

Every time, I hear people bring up the DKR's many plot hole, they usually only name 2, or 3........... I think a ton is far to strong of a word. But, to each their own, I guess....

Most of these morons have no right to complain about so called plot holes seeing as a good deal of the movies and comics they adore have actual plot holes that they actually overlook.

They just want an excuse to hate Nolan's movies simple as that,they dont agree with his vision but they cant find legit reasons for criticizing them,if the same movie had Batman performing flips and pulling gadgets out his ass I'm sure all the plot holes would be forgotten.

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Best superhero movies ever released in my opinion.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun said:

@retconcrisis said:

Most of these morons have no right to complain about so called plot holes seeing as a good deal of the movies and comics they adore have actual plot holes that they actually overlook.

They just want an excuse to hate Nolan's movies simple as that,they dont agree with his vision but they cant find legit reasons for criticizing them,if the same movie had Batman performing flips and pulling gadgets out his ass I'm sure all the plot holes would be forgotten.

I really liked TDKR. It's just that it's somewhat weak COMPARED to Nolan's two other fantastic movies.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnni_kun said:

@retconcrisis said:

So Call Plot Holes in The Trilogy, that arent Plot Holes at All.

1.The Joker Plan.

How did The Joker destroy Gotham?

He had 60 million bucks

He got the help of the mobsters

He had 60 million bucks

He killed Gambol and take his organization

He had 60 million bucks

One of those mobster was the leader of the group that helped Ras Al Ghul

This means, they had people every place in Gotham like Begins show you

He also got help from people that run away of Arkham in Begins

You can see all this if you pay attention to the movie, not all the movie but 2 scenes, when Batman explain to Harvey the guy he take was an Arkham Patient and when the Joker was with the mobsters and ask for the itallian.

2.How Batman got back at Gotham without money.

He travel the world in Begins without any money, then for some reason is hard to him to do this again?

You could go around the world without money, is pretty damn easy if you find a way to get into a boat, you could obtain several illegal jobs to get into a boat, like contraband of some products, i mean this Batman understand pirate dvds arent as bad as killing people, as much Disney says the contrary.

3. Why Batman is outsmarted by The Joker?

Because this happens in the comics too.

Because he belives he is just a dumbass with make up

He under estimate The Joker and every time he did it, he end paying it

It was the first time he faced The Joker, is pretty damn easy to udnerstand he didnt knew what The Joker could do

Besides The Joker dont follow a simplistic line of ideas like the mobsters, to follow the Joker logic was harder

4.The Catwoman skills

Catwoman train with Ninjas

Who are the Ninjas in this Universe?

How could she knew about Bane?

Who were after her?

Did i need to explain this?

5.How did Batman survived?

The first Bat is dark blue

Ther are more Bats

Bruce Wayne fixed the bat

There is no single piece of solid evidence that show you that Batman was still inside of the Bat that had the bomb after a time

He changed of Bats

6.How could he go around the world without money at the end?

He can fix the Bat, understand nuclear energy to the point he could lead the whole clean energy project, had some detective skills that he used to find Selina, he could go around the world without money, i mean the guy has some skills to obtain money or a good job.

Sure he lsoe many of his money, but ias hard to belive some one with so many skills and so rich run out oif money.

Besides that Selina look to have money too.

7.The Joker Origin

The Joker didnt have an Origin and is explain he was never design to have one.

There must be others, but i am sure they arent plot holes, is just the fact people is overlookings parts of the movie so they could go and rant about it.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: This is the first time you didn't troll with memes lol

No Caption Provided

For every single one of those i post 7 every one of those.

Maybe you should pay more freacking attention Jack.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i like this

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: I like this blog a lot. It's good to hear people stop saying bad things about this awesome trilogy, and just enjoy it. Great job!

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
    Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By TheFirstLantern
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O Ya I forgot

Loading Video...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O Ya I forgot

Loading Video...

I dont understand how could some one hate the soundtrack, sure its never try to have one single theme, but it was because every movie try to be his own thing.

Sure Zimmer never did a theme as good as his Pirates theme, but damn they were good themes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.