Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why I believe The Dark Knight Rises will sell more than Avengers

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By TheHeat

Anne Hathaway is an amazing actress? Yikes!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Man, I lovedX-Men Origins: First Class, but I think Marvel's The Avengers is definitely a more enjoyable film.

I liked First Class up to the point It made me think where the hell it fits in the X-Movie verse. X-Origins: Wolverine made me do the same thing. Still can't place either movie hence it kinda ruined it for me. Don't have that problem with Avengers verse. But that's also the difference of Marvel Studios versus Fox.

When it comes to X-Men movie continuity, I treat XMO: FC as a brand new line of continuity. There are too many flaws if you try to connect all of them, and honestly, it's the best movie out of the bunch.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@sethysquare said:

Its true that it is my personal opinion. But im sure many comic fans agree with me. The reason why wolverine is getting a movie is because he is popular amongst comic fans and general public. One reason why wolverine is the only one of the 3 xmen able to support an ongoing. The other 2 being cable and deadpool. Which is also why deadpool movie is in the works.

@TheGreyOutcastX:

And that's why he is the focus of the Movie verse. Everybody from fans to the public know him over everyone else. They tailored the movies to highlight Wolverine more than anyone. He was made their franchise.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By sethysquare
    I cant say I can trust what you are saying simply due to the fact that everyone can make shit up. So forgive me if I dont believe you. I trust that Anne Hathaway will deliver, afterall she did in so many films, Rachel getting married, devil wears prada, love sex and other drugs, brokeback mountain, princess diaries. She is a character actress, she can morph into many roles easily. Also, I doubt she is going to make or break the show, have you forgotten the main villains are ra's and bane? Plus Talia is seen kissing bruce so, I dare say she is going to be the love interest while catwoman would be just serving as the plot point. She could be taking a much bigger role, i dont know, but im sure she is going to deliver.

@k4tzm4n:

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@k4tzm4n said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Man, I lovedX-Men Origins: First Class, but I think Marvel's The Avengers is definitely a more enjoyable film.

I liked First Class up to the point It made me think where the hell it fits in the X-Movie verse. X-Origins: Wolverine made me do the same thing. Still can't place either movie hence it kinda ruined it for me. Don't have that problem with Avengers verse. But that's also the difference of Marvel Studios versus Fox.

When it comes to X-Men movie continuity, I treat XMO: FC as a brand new line of continuity. There are too many flaws if you try to connect all of them, and honestly, it's the best movie out of the bunch.

Best for what it was. Even with that thought, it destroys so many things. Like what happens to Scott now that Havok is there? Will they really do the true First Class? Too many questions T-T

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sethysquare: I'm not sure why or how it's far-fetched to believe that people complained when it was announced Catwoman would be played by Anne Hathaway. Not everyone is supportive of her like you are, and they were vocal about it when the news broke. Not sure why this is something worth lying about either, when clearly I have no strong opinion on the matter.

I doubt she is going to make or break the show, have you forgotten the main villains are ra's and bane?

Uh....excuse me? You should probably re-read what I said, because that's exactly what I said:

Regardless, I don't think her role is going to make or break the film.
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By sethysquare
    But they didnt for first class.

@TheGreyOutcastX:

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@sethysquare said:

But they didnt for first class.

@TheGreyOutcastX:

Still made time to give him a cameo. :)

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Gambit1024 said:

@k4tzm4n: And to think that Feige wanted to give up. The reason why Hulk was so great in The Avengers was because he was so likable and that they played him for laughs. Nobody wants to see the constant "whiny, terrified, on the run" Banner all the time. Thank whoever that Ruffalo signed on for 6 films. He and Whedon truly redefined Hulk for the movies.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@k4tzm4n said:

and they have a leader in avengers captain america unlike x-men where cyclops died.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By joshmightbe

Raise your hand if you'd just like to enjoy the movies and don't give a crap about which one does a better job of lining their studio's pockets

Bleeble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bleeble

@joshmightbe said:

Raise your hand if you'd just like to enjoy the movies and don't give a crap about which one does a better job of lining their studio's pockets

^This.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

Sir, an internet forum is no place for being reasonable!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@k4tzm4n said:

@joshmightbe said:

Sir, an internet forum is no place for being reasonable!

LOL

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By batshrine

As far as I know, every Batman movie has always beat any superhero movie that has come before it in the box office, with the exception of Superman II and Spiderman 2, beating Batman and Robin, and Batman Begins respectively. There are a lot of superhero movies out there too. So if history is telling at all, this movie will beat out Avengers. Avengers is amazing, but TDKR will be a better movie (speculating), and if it is then there is NO reason for it not to make it bigger than its competition.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By joshmightbe

@batshrine: better doesn't always mean more successful, there are many terrible things that make a lot of money and many good things that don't make a dime

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: It's definitely a sad thought, especially when comparing it to the Happening... Although, I'm glad they got Mark Ruffalo to play Banner this time around. I personally never saw why everyone liked Norton so much. He did a decent job, but it wasn't like he perfected the role as RDJ did for Iron Man.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The Stegman said:

@Deranged Midget:

@k4tzm4n said:

@sethysquare: If "everyone knows and loves Batman" is the primary reason, then why wasn't Batman Begins the hit it deserved to be? Only made $48,745,440 opening weekend. Iron Man, a character singificantly less popular than Wayne, pulled in $98,618,668 its first weekend.

Point being: people knowing Batman isn't good enough to be the main reason.

That said, call me crazy but I actually like Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight.

THANK GOD. I thought I was the only one...

I actually like them both equally, for completely different reasons.

Well, technically to me, they feel like completely different films. But as a Batman film, Begins is far better IMO.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @SupremeHyperion

plus you have a land full of batman fanboys who are all going to go see it 10 times in two weeks just to say it made more. :)

QFT. Lol! The movies were good though.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget: Norton was great as the Banner he was supposed to play. The Hulks/Banners that were in TIH and the Avengers were two completely different portrayals. It's like comparing Heath Ledger's Joker to Jack Nicholson's. They were both great, but different interpretations.

At least that's the way I look at it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: I guess, but it was supposed to be a continuation role from TIH, so in a sense, it should've been the same type of Banner/Hulk.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget: I agree that it should've, but I'd much rather see the interpretation presented in the Avengers. That doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate Norton, though. I thought he was great in TIH.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: Agreed, I preferred the role portrayed in the Avengers better than The Incredible Hulk.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By batshrine

@joshmightbe: I know better doesn't mean it will be successful. But we all know TDKR will be successful, but it will only beat Avengers if people perceive it as a better movie. If people don't then it will still make big bucks, but again in the history of Batman, every Batman movie has made more money than its predecessors (good or bad) except for at 2 times. History is bound to repeat itself :-P

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#75  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Joshmightbe: I'm raising both hands and a leg. I tried to raise a buttcheek to but needless to say.......it didn't go well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.